Citroen C4 Picasso

Obscurest

Turbocharged

i am also looking for C4 1.6T Grand Picasso.

They are many 1-2yrs car in the market with super low mileage.

↡ Advertisement

At what price do u think it's worthwhile considering the new model is now here?

Other than the features of the grand picasso, there is the EGS gearbox that some people are not impressed.

I wasn't impressed with the EGS during my test drive but my new car shows otherwise. The EGS drives like any autobox but with a manual box characteristic. I can't deny this still cannot beat my previous 7gtronic and I will take the 7gtronic anytime.

With this EGS, I am noticing the rpm often and manually up shifting with the pedal; just like when u are driving a manual car.

The 1.6 turbo is punchy enough to move the car and can be pretty fast from stand still for a big car; again we can't compare to the usual high cc sedan. Pulling the pedal shift in auto mode as the rpm revs up will get the car moving ahead in no time.

There is no feeling of an under power car for this MPV. The passengers will be the happiest person in this car, especially kids in the 2nd row with the panoramic roof.

The turbodiesel 1.6HDi 115bhp I tested in the new C4 hatchback with ETG (gen 1) gearbox is disappointing.

Gearbox is jerky throughout all the gears (but as long as you lift off the accelerator between gear changes, it's quite alright. But what's the point of buying auto when you need to lift off your right feet from the accelerator each time the gearbox changes gear??), and the power and torque feels disconnected from the drivetrain. Very weird feeling.

Suppose to feel the torque, but feels like an underpowered petrol engine.

Not impressive at all.

The turbodiesel 1.6HDi 115bhp I tested in the new C4 hatchback with ETG (gen 1) gearbox is disappointing.

Gearbox is jerky throughout all the gears (but as long as you lift off the accelerator between gear changes, it's quite alright. But what's the point of buying auto when you need to lift off your right feet from the accelerator each time the gearbox changes gear??), and the power and torque feels disconnected from the drivetrain. Very weird feeling.

Suppose to feel the torque, but feels like an underpowered petrol engine.

Not impressive at all.

I personally feel that it is the way the car was driven that made the gear shift jerky. We need to retune our mind when driving this car because it's a different gearbox type unlike conventional torque converter.

Having said that, I had learned to drive in a relax manner and the gearbox shifts smoothly and well behaved. Rushing the car requires the intervention of paddle shift to get the gearbox to shift smoothly. I think it's the way the French programmed their gearbox and it's a manual trying to be an auto. This EGS or ETG is still a nice box to use if we know it's characteristic.

the 1.6T petrol engines, do watch out for engine failure from carbon build up and timing chain/tensioner giving way and water pump, and turbo failure

the 1.6 ehdi is worse, its still plagued with the same problems as the petrol above, as well as dual mass flywheel failure and cold start problems

i kinda pity the folks over in the forum who got psychoed to buy first batch cars...well...thats what happens when u have a one man operation controlling the forum and the information around there

Edited by Furrynadz

The Frenchies haven't been known to be able to make something as reliable as the Japanese or Germans.

Renault was a horrible brand, right up to the time they could get their product range to be the first in the whole lineup to get 5 Starts EURO NCAP rating.

However, it was only recently, with their collaboration with Nissan for chassis development and engines, that they really improve a lot in terms of build quality and refinement.

I'd take a new Renault compared to a new Citroen anytime (Including the new 2014 C4GP).

Thanks.

+ a better AD.

The Frenchies haven't been known to be able to make something as reliable as the Japanese or Germans.

Renault was a horrible brand, right up to the time they could get their product range to be the first in the whole lineup to get 5 Starts EURO NCAP rating.

However, it was only recently, with their collaboration with Nissan for chassis development and engines, that they really improve a lot in terms of build quality and refinement.

I'd take a new Renault compared to a new Citroen anytime (Including the new 2014 C4GP).

Thanks.

Thanks.

Just wondering if this is based on personal experience or? How about compared to VW Touran? Quite interested in all the cat A diesel mpv now. Edited by Extinguisher

Supersonic

Thanks.

ahemmmm.....i would take neither as long as its french. c'est la vie.

ahemmmm.....i would take neither as long as its french. c'est la vie.

yea...too many failure...so many case engine problem at 3-5yr

if u are prepared to replace ur timing chain/tensioner/waterpump/turbocharger by 3-5yr depend on heng sway and as low mileage as 40-60k even, go ahead

Neutral Newbie

Just to share personal experience. Bought 3yr old C4P with only 18K mileage at the end of 2011, Signed service package with C&C, below is the list of major repairs I had to make:

Apr '12

Replace faulty right glove compartment (could not close) - $425.25

Gearbox faulty , replace electro valve as gear could not switch from 3 to 4 automatically $1051.50

Aug 12

Replace Rear Suspension $1036.83

Apr 13

Engine remount $714.06

Jul '13

Replace left glove compartment ( whole thing feel apart due to material warped under hot Spore weather) $425.25

Jan '14

Squeaky sound when driver window is wound down - RHF Window Mechanism $168.15

Citreon materials used was not tropicalised, panels become sticky, glove compartment faulty due to material warp. Within 5 yrs shelf life, gear box, engine remount, spoilt rear suspension and auto window mechanism needed to be replaced, in my opinion car parts needs replacement frequently.

Cockpit view is excellent, easy to drive. For zero to 50km/h, sluggish compared to Estima (2.4L) and Mit Chariot.

C&C service quality good, service counter staff poor to average.

Best MPV for me between the 3 models was by far estima, good acceleration, 2-2-3 seat configuration, seats collapse easily for 3rd row.

Just to share personal experience. Bought 3yr old C4P with only 18K mileage at the end of 2011, Signed service package with C&C, below is the list of major repairs I had to make:

Apr '12

Gearbox faulty , replace electro valve as gear could not switch from 3 to 4 automatically $1051.50

Aug 12

Apr 13

Engine remount $714.06

Jul '13

Replace left glove compartment ( whole thing feel apart due to material warped under hot Spore weather) $425.25

Jan '14

Citreon materials used was not tropicalised, panels become sticky, glove compartment faulty due to material warp. Within 5 yrs shelf life, gear box, engine remount, spoilt rear suspension and auto window mechanism needed to be replaced, in my opinion car parts needs replacement frequently.

Cockpit view is excellent, easy to drive. For zero to 50km/h, sluggish compared to Estima (2.4L) and Mit Chariot.

Best MPV for me between the 3 models was by far estima, good acceleration, 2-2-3 seat configuration, seats collapse easily for 3rd row.

Yours is the 2.0L version? Those are really alot of problems.

I understand sometimes if you get a lemon car, everything starts falling apart bit by bit. Sounds like unfortunately you got yourself a lemon.

Supersonic

yea...too many failure...so many case engine problem at 3-5yr

if u are prepared to replace ur timing chain/tensioner/waterpump/turbocharger by 3-5yr depend on heng sway and as low mileage as 40-60k even, go ahead

sounds like u went down that route b4....... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Apr '12

Aug 12

Apr 13

Engine remount $714.06

Jul '13

Jan '14

i rest my case. -_-

Neutral Newbie

Replying to UNltd:

Yes it is the 2 litre 7 seater version. With such low mileage from 1st driver, you would not expect such wear and tear.

So potential buyers for 2nd hand C4P, be aware.

Mileage for city driving so so, maybe it is my driving!

Rgds.

i drove citroen for 13 yrs, thankfully the older ones had more reliable drive trains

even AL4 gearbox at least is predictable and problem free if u do 20k atf regular changes, anything with prince engine is rubbish

even Mini already phase out for next yr onward

its sad to see the truth being cover up in the local forums and folks being encouraged to buy without knowing what they going into, by certain members covering up the facts and cho-cho ppl buy instead, even the diesel models

sadly i see one of the old folks here chromas also kanna cho-cho to buy...he will regret he should have stuck to jap

in just 1 wk i have 3 members there contact me with engine problems

, all turbo fail in 5 yr

Edited by Furrynadz