Citroen C4 Picasso

Obscurest

Anyone seen the new picasso and test drive the car? It looks very nice

new platform chassis compared to older version, updated gearbox and diesel engine instead of petrol

just watch out for the low omv compared to german offerings and the way 15k cevs rebate works...u get pretty much a lot lower scrap value, and gets worse after 5 yrs with maintenance

↡ Advertisement

new platform chassis compared to older version, updated gearbox and diesel engine instead of petrol

just watch out for the low omv compared to german offerings and the way 15k cevs rebate works...u get pretty much a lot lower scrap value, and gets worse after 5 yrs with maintenance

Power wise better than the older version? How about the handling? Is it priced below 150k?

Power wise better than the older version? How about the handling? Is it priced below 150k?

after cevs yes, think the launch was at 139k

power wise petrol version better

the torque is about the same, but in terms of hp its 40+ down...dont expect it to feel like a 2L class car above 100kmh

• Praise 1

Just to share personal experience. Bought 3yr old C4P with only 18K mileage at the end of 2011, Signed service package with C&C, below is the list of major repairs I had to make:

Apr '12

Replace faulty right glove compartment (could not close) - $425.25

Gearbox faulty , replace electro valve as gear could not switch from 3 to 4 automatically $1051.50

Aug 12

Replace Rear Suspension $1036.83

Apr 13

Engine remount $714.06

Jul '13

Replace left glove compartment ( whole thing feel apart due to material warped under hot Spore weather) $425.25

Jan '14

Squeaky sound when driver window is wound down - RHF Window Mechanism $168.15

Citreon materials used was not tropicalised, panels become sticky, glove compartment faulty due to material warp. Within 5 yrs shelf life, gear box, engine remount, spoilt rear suspension and auto window mechanism needed to be replaced, in my opinion car parts needs replacement frequently.

Cockpit view is excellent, easy to drive. For zero to 50km/h, sluggish compared to Estima (2.4L) and Mit Chariot.

C&C service quality good, service counter staff poor to average.

Best MPV for me between the 3 models was by far estima, good acceleration, 2-2-3 seat configuration, seats collapse easily for 3rd ro

Wow I can understand what you went through. Had a terrible time with my Proton Exora as well. Was considering between a Mar 2012 C4P and my current Wish (Sept 11). My heart was inching towards the C4P with its tech gadgets and sunroof, however my head told me that I should go for Wish with its stellar reliability and superb FC. In the end I decided to go with my head and have no regrets.

Edited by Coolpica

Tested the new GC4P last week, can feel the lower gear change jerk. Feels funny on an auto car though I am driving a manual car now. Wonder if the peugeot 5008 feels the same?

Tested the new GC4P last week, can feel the lower gear change jerk. Feels funny on an auto car though I am driving a manual car now. Wonder if the peugeot 5008 feels the same?

no it wont

peugeot does not use automated manual gearbox in their local models except the lowest model..currently 208, previously 207 and 107

they use the 6AT tiptronic aisin gearbox

Supersonic

anyone booked the new C4GP or C4P? me in the final stage of decision making.... [sweatdrop]

after reading the horror stories above from past owners abt the "joys" of their frenchie, u still wanna consider??..... [dizzy]

Turbocharged

after reading the horror stories above from past owners abt the "joys" of their frenchie, u still wanna consider??..... [dizzy]

Could be a troll/ clone clocking posts

The SE admitted that was the old petrol version n this new diesel is made differently. Guess is up to personal perspective. Guess is purely luck if u get a lemon car,can't be whole batch kena same problems then should warrant a recall. Keep fingers crossed loh

Could be a troll/ clone clocking posts

I bet your pardon?

A volkswagon SE will also tell you the 7 speed DSG problems were for the previous batches, but not the current.

Well... its still up to you to believe or not.

The SE admitted that was the old petrol version n this new diesel is made differently. Guess is up to personal perspective. Guess is purely luck if u get a lemon car,can't be whole batch kena same problems then should warrant a recall. Keep fingers crossed loh
I bet your pardon?

Supersonic

I bet your pardon?

French cars have long been famous for being..........well, 'french cars'. And u believe the SE that this time it's finally different? [laugh][laugh]

Yes, better keep fingers crossed. [sweatdrop]

Over the week, the picasso seems to have been taken off the market in Singapore. Check sgcarmart and various other sites, all gone and no more advertising.

Anyone here knows what's going on?

U don't have to soley depend on the advices given by members here. Search the web. Take reference from websites like JD Power reliability survey and u could draw the conclusion yourself if Citroën cars are reliable. By the way which sales person will tell u that the product he is selling u is defective? Food for thought ya. Happy car hunting.

Edited by Coolpica
↡ Advertisement