Tactical sharing for Liverpool fans

Osprey23

Source: http://bit.ly/aHtxUv

The new, submissive Liverpool FC under Roy Hodgson

There has been an ever-increasing amount of hot air and bluster surrounding Liverpool Football Club these past few years. The club has been a well-documented mess behind the scenes under the stewardship of Tom Hicks and George Gillett, with fans veering between despair and fury from moment-to-moment. But with the dark days of Hicks-Gillett apparently about to end, full focus can return to matters on the pitch.

The purpose of this piece is to attempt to present a rational analysis of what has been happening on the pitch so far this season, and how the tactical approach during the nascent Roy Hodgson era contrasts to Rafael Benitez

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Very dissapointed to see such a big club in England in this sort of table positioning. Well, I remembered very well during the period when they were King of Europe. Shankly even quoted: There are 2 great teams in this city, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves... [;)] Put it simple, the current players are not fit to play for Liverpool at all in my opinion. Maybe Benitez invested wrongly as well, cos I don't understand Aqualiani valued at 20M? I do a 1 to 1 comparison with the current team and Paisley's team of 80s...

1. Grobelaar - Though eccentric but good enough when called upon. 1. Reina - Shouldn't fault him too much. I think he's quite a decent keeper.

Maybe also well protected by that strong back 4....

2. Neal - Right back, very steady, excellent tackler and passer. He don't 2. G Johnson - Got pace, but can't cross can't tackle can't pass. What else??

do those overlapping crosses. Just simple decent passing. Penalty taker.

3. A Kennedy - Left back, good pace, always overlap and put in decent 3. Kyrgiakos - Honestly, though he scored against Blackpool, i personally think he was a disaster.

crosses. Hardworking and cool headed. Should not be in Liverpool at all.

4. P Thompson - He was about just a normal center back but combined 4. Carragher - He is a true scouser with Gerrard left in this team. Hardworking but clumsy at times.

excellently with Hansen with lots of understanding between. But these 2 But still fit to put on the red shirt i think.

played together for 7 or 8 years already....

5. Whelan - Elegant midfielder. Very similar to what you'd see in today's 5. Poulsen - At Juve I not sure how good is he, but performance so far doesn't reflect his class if he has one...

game of Scholes. A frequent match winner from midfield.

6. A Hansen - A cool headed, excellent reader of the game. Very hard to 6. Skrtel - I don't see this sort of player playing too long here. Just a normal center defender..

get pass. A consistent performer at top level football for many years..

7. K Dalglish - They called him KING KENNY. Enuf said i think 7. Kuyt - He's one of the most hardworking ones. Good but don't come close compare to Dalglish..

8. S Lee - Current coaching staff. An excellent passer and shooter from 8. Gerrard - He plays his heart out every game. He rescued Liverpool many times. His fighting

midfield. He run non stop for Liverpool. spirit getting lesser and lesser each game, he is tired, not because he needs to run more than others,

Is because others around him are not putting in as much effort or as good as him! liverpool is lucky he is still

here, not at Chelsea or Madrid....

9. Rush - Deadly finisher. Not skillful, can't head properly, but if you give him 9. Torres - Somehow not playing at his best at the moment, I see some distraction in him. But can't

some opportunities in front of goal, he' ll finish it for you.. deny he is good when he start scoring regularly...

10. Lawrenson - Excellent midfielder , good vision,passer, tackler. He protects 10. J Cole - I always admire the way he dribble. Best English ball dribbler I think. Even the Brazilian think so he's good.

the back 4 while also feeding balls to Whelan, Lee an Souness.. Will prove his worth in time to come... i hope

11. G Souness - The ENGINE room. This is the man the makes the whole team 11. Meireles - :ph34r: Why is he here????

work. R Keane was good? He is better than Keane. I think that description is good

enough...ask anyone who've seen him played