Electric cars anyone?

Vid

Hypersonic

Maybe Esso, Caltex, Shell and SPC will go bust in the future [laugh][laugh]

From http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_588288.html

Oct 8, 2010

26 charging stations soon

By Jeremy Au Yong

Some 26 stations like the one above will be deployed with the first one up and running around March next year. -- ST PHOTO: MUGILAN RAJASEGERAN

SINGAPORE'S move towards adopting electric vehicles will take a significant step forward early next year when the first group of charging stations are installed.

A statement from the inter-agency taskforce in charge Singapore's electric vehicle (EV) test-bed programme announced on Friday that it had appointed German firm Bosch to set up the stations.

Some 26 stations will be deployed in the initial phase of the programme, with the first one up and running around March next year. The first batch of electric vehicles, Mitsubishi i-MiEVs are also due to be delivered around that time.

Bosch will work closely with the organisations buying the EVs to determine where to set up the charging stations.

Nearly all of the 26 stations set up initially will be normal charging stations, meaning cars will have to be plugged in for up to eight hours to get a full charge.

Only one will be a quick charging station which will only take 45 minutes to deliver a full charge. It said that it had yet to decide on the cost of a charge.

↡ Advertisement

Only one will be a quick charging station which will only take 45 minutes to deliver a full charge. It said that it had yet to decide on the cost of a charge.

45 sec ok [rolleyes] , 45 min [:/] , sorry I would rather cycle :D

Edited by Jp66

Hypersonic

45 sec ok [rolleyes] , 45 min [:/] , sorry I would rather cycle :D

Maybe every car should have 2 batt. One for using and another one for charging.

electric cars are for tree hugging fags

check out www.teslamotors.com. after reading see if u think of buying an ev instead of a gas car. cos i'm gonna get their model s in 2012 charging station or not. things have changed with electric cars since years ago. cheaper (both cost price as well as "fuel" cost, 15c/KWh x 55KW = about $8 for 500km. ur car 13km/l go jb pump petrol anyhow count also >$30 for the 500km), faster, bigger, better. u dont want?

Edited by Ishiwgao

Hypersonic

did read about Tesla in the papers before. Promising actually with the powerful specs. Hopefully near future we can switch. [thumbsup]

Maybe Esso, Caltex, Shell and SPC will go bust in the future [laugh][laugh]

Unlikely with 500 million vehicles on the road .................. not within our lifetime anyway...... [:p]

Electric cars will only be a viable option if the car price is right..IMHO

Hmmmmmm interesting point ( Price point ) ............. what abt going green .................... CHARGE IT ... :D

Electric cars will only be a viable option if the car price is right..IMHO

looking back at tesla (yeah u know why i only talk about them. cos they seem to be the only company who's progressing in electric cars hahaha) their 2012 model S will be priced at 49k USD, im guessing with 40% PARF rebate we could probably get it about $150k? seems to be quite expensive as a sum, but looking at the specs ur getting, it's actually pretty cheap(er). It's like getting a car better than Audi A4 2.0 or Lexus GS300, but u save about 50k just on cost price.

8 hrs to get a car charged up? so leave it there for 8 hrs and come back again? doesn't sound feasible to me..

i think 8 hours is to charged when ur sleeping la. it's like u park in MSCP then have one charging station there. plug in and go home. tmr morning to back fully charged :D but (again referring to the same old company) tesla actually said u have the option of "top-up" rather than charge for 8 hours. meaning if you dont have a charge station near your home, u can go park somewhere, charge while going makan, come back and you've recharged what u used for the day. doesnt spoil the battery, in fact if u use up all then go charge for 8 hours it depletes the battery faster (they use Li-ion batteries similar to laptop)

just in case after all this blabbering u dont know what i'm talking about (no i do not work for them. I'l just an avid supporter :D)

Tesla Model S

Model S Specs

Edited by Ishiwgao

Actually i think the most practical way is to have charging plug at every parking lot. but must have ways to make sure that no funny vandler go and ka jio.

maybe a card slot type of divice for EV car holder to slot and open the compartment?

Though i prefer that we got portable battery to bring home and charge.

or another method is we bring the battery to the battery charging station and opt for 1 for 1 exchange? then they charge the battery while we drive off with new one?

Edited by Joseph22

Rest assure that we will still be screwed by the government even if using electric cars. If more people switch to electric cars and they earn less from petrol tax, what do you think they will do?

Though i prefer that we got portable battery to bring home and charge.

or another method is we bring the battery to the battery charging station and opt for 1 for 1 exchange? then they charge the battery while we drive off with new one?

What will be your role?

Are you the driver or a driver [:p] ?

What will be your role?

Are you the driver or a driver [:p] ?

sorry i did not state clearly. the we is refering to Singapore.

I dont have EV car. but i think if this is how we are going to work in regard to EV car. its more visible. [laugh][laugh]

sorry i did not state clearly. the we is refering to Singapore.

I dont have EV car. but i think if this is how we are going to work in regard to EV car. its more visible. [laugh][laugh]

yeah actually that's the best idea. but batteries in ev cars are too heavy to "carry around", it's about 1200kg haha. 1 for 1 exchange will save a lot of time, but it's more mafan if u think about the whole process and factor in the weight of the battery.

Rest assure that we will still be screwed by the government even if using electric cars. If more people switch to electric cars and they earn less from petrol tax, what do you think they will do?

haha now road tax on hybrid is based on which cc is higher, e.g. is honda civic hybrid, if 1.3cc engine gives more road tax, then road tax based on that, but if electric motor give more tax than tax will be based on that. so electric car come out and everyone use, sure got new and "improved" higher tax for electric cars haha. aiyah can always try to petition.. we also save govt money when we all use electric car, they can sell off their excess carbon credits :P

↡ Advertisement