Baby Car Seat For Passengers

Silverkris

with belt still can fly?

center belt is those 2 points type. small child legs to small to be tied down properly.

for adult. we are actually tying our hip but child only the big tights nia.

you are all wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It depends on the mood of the TP, if his mood is good, you will not receive tickets.

Plus the mood of the person receiving yr appeal letter, if you already met the bad mood TP, if she feels like doing a good deed that day [bigcry]

I see

Thanks!

Can i know is it illegal to put a child seqt at the front passenger seat. What are the rules for car seatm i have a 10 months son. I understand that below 2 years old, the car seat must be rear facing. So if i were to put the car seat at the back passenger seat, how am i supposed to see my son.

Can i know is it illegal to put a child seqt at the front passenger seat. What are the rules for car seatm i have a 10 months son. I understand that below 2 years old, the car seat must be rear facing. So if i were to put the car seat at the back passenger seat, how am i supposed to see my son.

I put mine boy car seat infront passenger seat (front facing) untill he is 2 yo. Shift to the rear when his hand starting to touch here and there.

Remember to switch off the front passenger airbag though. Drive slow and safely. Don't overtake. Keep in Lane.

Venture up north advisable to shift to the rear. Get your wife to accompany him/her in the rear.

Edited by Kopites

hang a mirror around the passenger seat head rest then use your rear view mirror to look at that mirror lor 

• Praise 1

afaik no laws for putting child seat at the front passenger seat, however for safety purposes it should be facing the front so that in case of a crash, the inflated airbag would not push the child seat onto the passenger seat (this is for child seat installed at front passenger seat but back-facing). there may also be a risk of suffocation depending on your kid's position and size even if the child seat is front facing. 

some people get the airbag removed but this is not recommended. 

actually my carseats are already front facing even before my kids turned 2yo. this depends on your kid's size and also the design of the carseat. of course the longer the carseat can remain back-facing, the better so as to reduce injury due to whiplash if any crash. 

as for how are you supposed to see your son, you can either use specially installed mirrors or go by faith, since driving distances in SG are not too great. as long as you know your kid is strapped on properly, there is minimal safety risk. 

• Praise 1

I had this predicament as well once. Worry if put at the rear and rear facing, cannot see the baby. Worry baby here worry baby there. Worry they choke, blah blah blah... But I guess not so much to worry once your baby's neck is strong enough to support their own heads (ie. hug them without supporting the heads). If short distance not to worry I guess. But long distance should have some supervision at the rear.

• Praise 1

I have a question to ask:

I go to wedding dinner last week, after dinner, since quite late already, decided to send my brother, his wife and 3 year old son back home.

I do not have a kid so don't need baby car seat in my car.

On the way, got stopped by TP. I explained my situation and TP said after receive letter can go appeal.

Now in this case, what will you do?

1. Always buy a baby seat keep in boot even though may use only once a very long while (crazy decision)

2. Tell brother no car seat and ask them join Q to take Taxi. (maybe if you really hate your brother, my mum will look at me strangely too: your car got space dun send your tired nephew back home to rest? [super note: I adore my nephew too]. Plus mum and old relatives never understand new TP rules one: result: Strained relationships)

3. Try luck and drive them home. (my final choice)

No, I am not complaining. I take the risk and I bear the consequences. Just think the law so not flexible that those with car cannot tompang those without car and with kids?

It all depends on the TP.  I think he issued you the summon because he wasn't belt up.  He will close one eye if the 3 years old is belted up or carried in arms with seat belt.

I kena once last time when I was the front seat passenger, I didn't fasten my seat belt and the TP knocked on my window at traffic light and asked me why I didn't fasten my seat belt.   I showed him my pregnant stomach and he asked me to belt up immediately.  After that he left.

Be apologetic when you appeal and tell them it won't happen again. 

I know you are angry with the inflexibility of the law but safety comes first.  I have watched the video in Crime watch twice on the car safety of a child.  Do you know that during accident or sudden brake, a child may fly and hit the windscreen and fly out of the car if he's not buckled up.  A couple went on the show and shared how their young child died without seat belt. 

• Praise 3

Cannot meh?  We put our infant car seat at the front passenger seat if there's no other adult to look after the infant last tiime.  Now our kids big liao in Primary school and Secondary school.

• Praise 1

Cannot meh? We put our infant car seat at the front passenger seat if there's no other adult to look after the infant last tiime. Now our kids big liao in Primary school and Secondary school.

Can put front seat. But car manufacturers recommends it to be front facing instead of rear facing..
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

According to common experience, if the vehicle has a front passenger airbag system with a disable switch you can. If you cannot disable the front passenger airbag do not permit a child or infant occupy the seat. The force of the airbag could be fatal. Most pickup trucks have a disable key for the front passenger airbag, but if there is no airbag and the vehicle has no rear seats, you can install the infant seat. Manufacturers recommend center rear as the safest for an infant. I think that the safest spot for an infant is in the middle of the back seat. If you have multiple kids, it is better to put the oldest in the front seat. The laws around infant car seats have changed significantly – see how you are impacted and whether or not your child is safe.

Children who ride in a car anywhere in New York State may soon ride backwards longer than many other states in the country.

According to New York laws all children, regardless of heights and weights (with some exceptions in extreme, extreme cases), to ride in a rear facing car setas for safety reasons.

Supersonic

According to common experience, if the vehicle has a front passenger airbag system with a disable switch you can. If you cannot disable the front passenger airbag do not permit a child or infant occupy the seat. The force of the airbag could be fatal. Most pickup trucks have a disable key for the front passenger airbag, but if there is no airbag and the vehicle has no rear seats, you can install the infant seat. Manufacturers recommend center rear as the safest for an infant. I think that the safest spot for an infant is in the middle of the back seat. If you have multiple kids, it is better to put the oldest in the front seat. The laws around infant car seats have changed significantly â see how you are impacted and whether or not your child is safe.

Children who ride in a car anywhere in New York State may soon ride backwards longer than many other states in the country.

According to New York laws all children, regardless of heights and weights (with some exceptions in extreme, extreme cases), to ride in a rear facing car setas for safety reasons.

eh are you based in USA?

hi there

was wondering if anyone could recommend a baby/child seat? Planning to get one but there seems to be so many choices in the market

↡ Advertisement