Volvo Servicing

Gregwoon

Neutral Newbie

Hi there,

I am looking for Volvo XC60 . Is this reliable and what are the servicing details from SM? Do you think i should buy the 2 litres or 3 litres?

Anyone know how is the used car prices for 2010 or 2011?

thanks

dave.

↡ Advertisement

Hi there,

I am looking for Volvo XC60 . Is this reliable and what are the servicing details from SM? Do you think i should buy the 2 litres or 3 litres?

thanks

dave.

u r in sgcarmart? if someone know the price of 2010 or 2011 is from sgcarmart ya? ^_^

Neutral Newbie

Hi there,

thanks

dave.

i own a 2 litre one.....terrible terrible turbo lag. you will be so fed up driving in a traffic jam

get the 3 litre one

Neutral Newbie

thank you for your feedback. What do you mean by traffic Jam if you are driving the 2 litres. Do you mean there is insufficient power in the 2 litres?

By the way, any problem mechnically in the 2 litres? Sorry to ask but want to know it reliablity .

dave.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

thank you for your feedback. What do you mean by traffic Jam if you are driving the 2 litres. Do you mean there is insufficient power in the 2 litres?

By the way, any problem mechnically in the 2 litres? Sorry to ask but want to know it reliablity .

dave.

when in a jam, you start to move off, u press the acelerator, the car dont move due to lag...when you depress more, the car moves too fast..then u must brake...

very irritating

Edited by Bigmatt140

when in a jam, you start to move off, u press the acelerator, the car dont move due to lag...when you depress more, the car moves too fast..then u must brake...

very irritating

Its under powered not lag...I think body too heavy

Is there any problem, you can share? :huh:

fellow kong LJ wei lah...so many volvo on the street...is whether one can affort to maintain it or not only...

fellow kong LJ wei lah...so many volvo on the street...is whether one can affort to maintain it or not only...

It's a nice solid car.

i bought some original volvo parts from local stockist (Unico)

quick ref price (need to add GST) :

oil filter : $13

air filter : $16

spark plugs (5 pcs) - $82.56

fuel filter : $56.05

brake pads front : $130

brake pads rear : $105

ref servicing charges (did them at stamford tyres)

oil change (brought my own engine oil), flush radiator coolant, change oil filter : $78

power steering transmission flush (incl ATF) : $25

brake flush (incl brake fluid) $55

if you do the servicing in JB its even cheaper.

Juz for comparision ; E200 AG model ( Y08 )

oil filter; 7.50

spark plug : ( 5 pcs ) same px

brake pad front: 105

brake pad rear : 85

EO: various 60 (8 litre ) uses 6 litres

Any idea if any of the below have advanced diagnostics capabilities? I understand many things can be tuned/set by plugging the ECU into a computer which I assume SM does.

My biggest grip with SM is that for every problem I have reported to them, their solution has always been to change the entire system.

For eg. "Service ABS System" warning light came on (and has been on for the past 7 months). SM Service advisor's solution : change the entire ABS brake system. Cost : S$2,100. WTF!? Like that I also can run a Volvo dealership! If they told me the ABS sensors are not working anymore and need to be changed, fine. I can swallow that. But they did not display any diagnostic troubleshooting at all.

Now I have an intermitten vibration when shifting between 3rd and 4th gears. I do not want to be told by SM to change the entire transmission/gear box at a cost I do not care to know.

Anybody with good experience with workshops for problems other than regular servicing, please let me know.

Bro, sorry to say, U " kenna slaughter " by them into half liao [knife]

Volvo cars are sold, reliable and robust, their back-up after sales maint kills, my friends all buy brand new, after 3 years sell or trade-in for another new models whichever warranty mileages comes first.

Bro, sorry to say, U " kenna slaughter " by them into half liao [knife]

Volvo cars are sold, reliable and robust, their back-up after sales maint kills, my friends all buy brand new, after 3 years sell or trade-in for another new models whichever warranty mileages comes first.

But volvo's resale value cmi right? After 3 years trade in or sell off will incur huge loss or not? maybe the loss is more than the maintenance leh

Neutral Newbie

Guys, I am thinking of getting a used 4 to 5 years old XC90. What will be a reasonable depreciation per year for a car like this?

↡ Advertisement