• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
122 replies to this topic | 42 praises

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:38 PM

Enforcer533
  • Premium member
    Enforcer533
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all

was wondering wat brand of throttle controller is good. Because i find that
my throttle is irresponsive and the gear don't tends to change down when
i floor my vehicle. And roughly wat is the price if i wan to install it ??
any bros with lobang can intro also ^^

Thanks

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

Mini-itx
  • Mini-itx
    Banned

Head that pivot is quite decent.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Head that pivot is quite decent.

I am using Pivot. It is good but it is also much more ex compare to Taiwan brand.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

Enforcer533
  • Premium member
    Enforcer533
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I am using Pivot. It is good but it is also much more ex compare to Taiwan brand.

Haha roughly hw much does it cost ??? btw how u find using a TC as in when u set
to sports does it give instant respond ?

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

Kenmical
  • Premium member
    Kenmical
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Go for either Blitz TC or Pivot TC.

If you want simple function go for Blitz (only 4 settings) and if want more perimeters use Pivot (7 maps I think). Price wise Blitz is more ex close to $600 and Pivot is about $100 less.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:51 AM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i dont understand.. how does it help in your situation...

maybe throttle cable loose.. just tighten it... using all those gadgets are to control the valve, hence air flow into the engine...
if u wan to floor, and gear dont change.... that's ur TCU issue...

I'm a nobody, but try to convey my message across uniquely :)

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

Enforcer533
  • Premium member
    Enforcer533
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

maybe throttle cable loose.. just tighten it... using all those gadgets are to control the valve, hence air flow into the engine...

sry to ask u can a non ETC car uses a throttle controller ?

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

Kenmical
  • Premium member
    Kenmical
    5th Gear
    Author Image

sry to ask u can a non ETC car uses a throttle controller ?

Cannot...just adjust your cable on throttle body

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

Enforcer533
  • Premium member
    Enforcer533
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

ok thanks for your info.

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

a lot of newer cars comes with e-throttle, cable throttle are on the way out.
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

Pokyman
  • Pokyman
    6th Gear
    Author Image

actually non e-throttle cars can la .... i am using it on my kimchi car ... the mech just need to wire the 3drive to ur whatever cable throttle u call it....

also, sent for my 10K back then, AD did not void any warranty
lawful tiko gang No.7th TKR - June 2011 - Present
PS3 MCF kakis - nicktakenup

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:53 AM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

a lot of newer cars comes with e-throttle, cable throttle are on the way out.

true.. but there are people out there convert to cabled-throttle system... biggrin.gif

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

Kenmical
  • Premium member
    Kenmical
    5th Gear
    Author Image

true.. but there are people out there convert to cabled-throttle system... biggrin.gif

Am on e-throttle. IMO I still prefer cable throttle in my previous car. It is much more responsive based on stock setting. However for e-throttle with TC and maximum throttle setting, the responsive to really sharp.

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

Kenmical
  • Premium member
    Kenmical
    5th Gear
    Author Image

actually non e-throttle cars can la .... i am using it on my kimchi car ... the mech just need to wire the 3drive to ur whatever cable throttle u call it....

also, sent for my 10K back then, AD did not void any warranty

Pardon my ignorant. Throttle controller is totally useless on a cable throttle car. This is because your accelerator is connected to the throttle body via a cable. Pull to trigger throttle butterfly.

I think your mech or the workshop you went to pulled a fast one on you. Go ask around or test e-throttle car with throttle controller.
S4vtec praised this

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

u mis-understood the purpose of having throttle controller... in fact, the controller starts off from throttled cable system...

all these are just gadgets.. ur right foot is the best... laugh.gif

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

u mis-understood the purpose of having throttle controller... in fact, the controller starts off from throttled cable system...

all these are just gadgets.. ur right foot is the best... laugh.gif

For E-throttle, the amount of throttle open is base on the angle press on the accelerator pre-program. Normally factory default setting is slow when you tap the accelerator slightly, for better FC. You need to press real hard before the throttle is open more.
With the throttle controller, it over-ride the factory setting, thus with a slight tap on the accelerator, the throttle is open much faster and the different is pretty obvious. Of cause FC will be affected since it will reach higher rpm easily.
For the Pivot TC which I am using, I will switch to ECO (economy mode, 4 step to select) during traffic jam. This slow down the throttle response and good for slow traffic condition.
This not just a gadgets, to me it is a real effective after market add on.

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

For E-throttle, the amount of throttle open is base on the angle press on the accelerator pre-program. Normally factory default setting is slow when you tap the accelerator slightly, for better FC. You need to press real hard before the throttle is open more.
With the throttle controller, it over-ride the factory setting, thus with a slight tap on the accelerator, the throttle is open much faster and the different is pretty obvious. Of cause FC will be affected since it will reach higher rpm easily.
For the Pivot TC which I am using, I will switch to ECO (economy mode, 4 step to select) during traffic jam. This slow down the throttle response and good for slow traffic condition.
This not just a gadgets, to me it is a real effective after market add on.

cos u are on e-throttle.. and i'm not.. wink.gif

for my ride.. this is a gadget... cool.gif i can controlled my throttle with my big toe if bare-footed.. the response is instant.. and i love best tongue.gif when i'm at the first to move off from the line...

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

cos u are on e-throttle.. and i'm not.. wink.gif

for my ride.. this is a gadget... cool.gif i can controlled my throttle with my big toe if bare-footed.. the response is instant.. and i love best tongue.gif when i'm at the first to move off from the line...

OK. Your car is still on cable.
I also prefer cable than e-throttle. The original factory setting for e-throttle for my car really can not make it. Too slow response.

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

OK. Your car is still on cable.
I also prefer cable than e-throttle. The original factory setting for e-throttle for my car really can not make it. Too slow response.

do a conversion if there's an option available for your ride.. provided it doesn't cause any mechanical issue to your ride.. smile.gif

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

do a conversion if there's an option available for your ride.. provided it doesn't cause any mechanical issue to your ride.. smile.gif

Now with the TC, the response is good. laugh.gif

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Freepower S Drive

Freepower S Drive  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ministar  |  Neutral Newbie

Spice up your drive!

The Freepower S Drive really gives life to my ride. Being able to configure it to suit my driving style, it is almost like I am feeding my Veloster spice, encouraging her to go the extra mile faster. The sub-modes, sp7 to sp9 really have huge... » Read More

Freepower S Drive

Freepower S Drive  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by JohnnyFannyginaHead  |  Neutral Newbie

Smoother throttle!

Even though this doesn't add any horsepower or torque, it's still very good for your car because it makes your throttle opening much more sensitive and it destroys that irritating idle lag that your car usually has. It also has very useful pr... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Throttle Controller

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users