Passport expiry. Urgent question

Friendstar

Hi all. Very urgent question.

If my niece's passport expiry is 3 months later, can She still clear custom to Johor?

Or is there a minimum number of months before expiry, for instance 6 months before expiry.

↡ Advertisement

If my niece's passport expiry is 3 months later, can She still clear custom to Johor?

Or is there a minimum number of months before expiry, for instance 6 months before expiry.

By right validity must be six month, by left, JB generally speaking more lenient and she will PROBABLY (not certainly) be ok.

Worst case scenario, just turn back :D ...its not like Woodlands checkpoint is far far away....

Malaysia still can. Their Imm still can accept and if ask, tell them that the new passport had been applied and waiting for collection. But not for international travel. [cool]

I drove in to Malaysia with 3 months on my Passport not too long ago... the malaysian kastam didn't stop me, but did remind me to renew my passport... if worst case, there is nothing a RM50 wun fix :)

But do take some time to renew it to avoid any trouble clearing kastam la... :)

Edited by Icarus

go SIR take a week for renewal. Or for urgent case, get a temporary pass for 1 visit only (and renew at the same time), take 2 hours to get it done.

Standard is 6 months. Malaysia side might ask for kopi money...

Best is to renew.

Now is the best time to go and renew the passport as the ICA Building is not crowded. Wait for another week and when the exam is over, than long queue at ICA Building and collection would also take more than 1 week.

It's funny that ppl always last minute before going oversea than renew passport...... :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Picnic06

I drove in to Malaysia with 3 months on my Passport not too long ago... the malaysian kastam didn't stop me, but did remind me to renew my passport... if worst case, there is nothing a RM50 wun fix :)

But do take some time to renew it to avoid any trouble clearing kastam la... :)

Ya, they might let you go in, but have you thought of the consequences if they don't let you come back?

I ever flew to HK with just 2 months with my passport (totally forgotten about the validity!!!).

Anyway, Sin custom spoke to me and say they can allow me to fly, but not sure if HK side will let me enter.

So it all depends on the other side lar.

Luckily, HK side check to see how long I'm staying over there, showed them my ticket and they let me in, giving me full month stay.

By right validity must be six month, by left, JB generally speaking more lenient and she will PROBABLY (not certainly) be ok.

Worst case scenario, just turn back :D ...its not like Woodlands checkpoint is far far away....

Better not arhh, these jokers! Will be at their mercy if they choot pattern. Good to have at least 6 months validity.

Brudder TS better get his niece to renew passpoot online.

3-4 days can get liao if u send to renew online

very fast one

Never trust on-line ........ [furious] . Yes application is fast but ....

Always got problem with the photograph send in to them. During collection, they check the photo submitted on-line with your face and say, sorry, not recent photo. In the end, had to retake the photo at ICA building and submit on the spot. Had to wait for 3 hrs to collect the redo passport..... [mad]. Just imagine, happily putting only 1/2 hour coupon as collection is faster but kana wait 3 hrs and need to rush to car park to put more coupons. BTW, the fatimah is always at thecar park happily issuing summon tickets.

I rather go to ICA to submit and let them check the photograph..... :ph34r:

Edited by Picnic06

Actually this 6-month rule seems a bit kiasu. Taking into account that a person needs some time to renew passport, and to avoid awkward situation of the passport expiring while overseas, 3 months seem more than enough.

And if you're going for a short trip, say, 1 week, as long as your passport is still valid for another week should logically be enough.

Imposing this 6-month rule is like cutting short your passport's validity by 6 months. Though it has 6 more months to go, it's as good as expired.

just go to ICA and ask them to extend the validity just for this trip.

I think is it called something like dont know what "Idemity letter"

↡ Advertisement