Removing Specks on Windscreen

Eng40765

Under low light, its look alright.

Under glaring sunlight, my windscreen is a mess(mass) of small specks and chips and scratches etc. No amount of washing can rid it so its on the glass.

Does anyone know how to repair / polish away this problem? Recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Under glaring sunlight, my windscreen is a mess(mass) of small specks and chips and scratches etc. No amount of washing can rid it so its on the glass.

Does anyone know how to repair / polish away this problem? Recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Not easy to get this chips to repaired..cost wont be cheap..the best is to smash and claim the windscreen..this is what one of my customer did.. :o

Thanks in advance.

Not cheap to replace with new windscreen glass

My car coming to 5 years old, decided to keep due to high COE and no engine issues. Car body can spray paint to nice nice but looks like nothing can do about windscreen except to smash............

Thanks in advance.

Usually some of these scratches comes from the stray cats. Unless you parked your car in within your private parking space, perhaps you need not to worry, else i am sure there will be more to come. [:/]

Unless these scratches, etc blocked your visibility, it would be better to change, price would be around 50 to 80 bucks for repairs. If it is a minor one, i suggest you should leave it. [;)]

i was quoted before for a full windscreen polish. $400 bucks and require 2 days. same problem, scratches and dinks here and there.

in the end got it replaced. after checking with my insurance, no need to pay and its multiple replacements. also note that for scratches you cant change. unless its a small crack or hole.

ps. for those who thinks its very easy to smash, go try for yourself. even with a hammer and waking up the whole neighbourhood you wont be able to cause the slightest crack.

i was quoted before for a full windscreen polish. $400 bucks and require 2 days. same problem, scratches and dinks here and there.

in the end got it replaced. after checking with my insurance, no need to pay and its multiple replacements. also note that for scratches you cant change. unless its a small crack or hole.

ps. for those who thinks its very easy to smash, go try for yourself. even with a hammer and waking up the whole neighbourhood you wont be able to cause the slightest crack.

use the sharp tip of the hammer. or the edge of a brick. not that difficult. :ph34r:

Neutral Newbie

Usually some of these scratches comes from the stray cats.

Cat got metal claw? You use your nail try can scratch glass or not......

Twincharged

Maybe u didnt swing hard enough. Cuz that time I saw a road rage incident the guy used a metal rod hit the car and the windscreen cracked already.