Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
81 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:24 AM

Nikolaiski
  • Nikolaiski
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

As above...

1. Bridgestone RE001
2. DZ101
3. Michelin PS3

For those who have used at least 2 of these, which ones have the:

1- Stiffest sidewall
2- BEST wet weather grip
3- POSITIVE steering feedback in all conditions

I don't care about comfort levels, etc etc, only these three things..

I've used 3 sets of RE001s for nearly 4 years over 2 different cars (a Getz and then my current Lancer Ralliart as my daily driver), so kinda lost touch with the rest of the tyre range

My last set of RE001s lasted exactly a year (time to change this week) when I clocked about 55,000km so that gives you an idea of the sort of driver I am.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Nikolaiski, 13 October 2010 - 01:27 AM.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:22 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If you are Bridgestone supporter,go for their lastest S-001.

Fairlady.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:24 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Supercharged
    Author Image

....but i knew PS 3 is a softer & quieter tyre.....& for Dunlop,not known.

Fairlady.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

Nikolaiski
  • Nikolaiski
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

wah..replacement RE050 ah? Bo lui....bwahahah. besides, there isn't a size for my car :)

Edited by Nikolaiski, 13 October 2010 - 11:02 AM.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

Zniper
  • Premium member
    Zniper
    6th Gear
    Author Image

toyo T1R???
very gd wet grip... i'm using it now...
failing to plan is planning to fail...
should i or should i not.......?

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:12 AM

Nikolaiski
  • Nikolaiski
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i'm scared of the T1R's noise....hahaha. But it's a very good tyre nevertheless.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

Comnao
  • Comnao
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i used them all on my prev LGT.
my fav is RE001 bcos wet / dry grip is there w decent level road noise. And price is value for $
if $ is no object, i would had gone for RE11 but for my purposes, thats an overkill

DZ101 is extremely good in dry but slightly less confidence in wet esp in NSHW
And it hardens very fast. 25K harden liao. And the road noise is driving me nuts.

i currently use PS3 on my E39. it is decent.
but performance wise i cant tell very much, partly also bcos my 2L IL6 is no prancing horse... doesnt even come close

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

Hoppie24
  • Premium member
    Hoppie24
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I am on DZ101, just got it a month back but i not hardcore driver.

The wet is ok, so far so good, can cut water well, dry is ok, not too noisy. Rim protector is really THICK, can really protect your rims compared to RE001.

My previous car was on RE001 and with a Advan RZ tires and i scrap my rims so many times and repair it :( so heart pain. I wish i had DZ101 on the RZ so i dun have to spend so much repairing rims :(
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:38 AM

Hoppie24
  • Premium member
    Hoppie24
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i used them all on my prev LGT.
my fav is RE001 bcos wet / dry grip is there w decent level road noise. And price is value for $
if $ is no object, i would had gone for RE11 but for my purposes, thats an overkill

DZ101 is extremely good in dry but slightly less confidence in wet esp in NSHW
And it hardens very fast. 25K harden liao. And the road noise is driving me nuts.

i currently use PS3 on my E39. it is decent.
but performance wise i cant tell very much, partly also bcos my 2L IL6 is no prancing horse... doesnt even come close

Oh Fiak! :( now still quiet leh TMD
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

Zniper
  • Premium member
    Zniper
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i'm scared of the T1R's noise....hahaha. But it's a very good tyre nevertheless.

hmm maybe my previous bridestone tyres oso noisy tat's y i dun feel the diff wif my T1R... hahahaha

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

Nikolaiski
  • Nikolaiski
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

hahaha. ya the RE001s only get noisy at the 50,000km mark..and even then it's not THAT bad lah..

bro Comnao..your E39 although not a performance car by any means should be a good gague of the PS3's capabilities because the BMW is heavier than the LGT and wet/cornering speeds don't really require much horsepower lah :)

Guess i'll be deciding between the PS3 and sticking to the RE001 for now..lotsa good reviews in the comfort/wet department..question is..how's the sidewall/steering feedback combo..haha

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:50 AM

Nikolaiski
  • Nikolaiski
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

hmm maybe my previous bridestone tyres oso noisy tat's y i dun feel the diff wif my T1R... hahahaha

ehh, which Bridgestones were you using before the T1Rs? Lotsa feedback saying T1Rs v noisy..that's why i'm abit apprehensive, but the Toyos are good tyres man...haha

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

t1r wet performance is certainly good, but its sidewall is soft compare to b/s re001. the potenza tyre is famous for stiff sidewall.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

Mugen85
  • Mugen85
    4th Gear
    Author Image

My advice is if you are scared of noise, Stick to either PS3 or RE001.
Both also able to last you for quite some time.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

ehh, which Bridgestones were you using before the T1Rs? Lotsa feedback saying T1Rs v noisy..that's why i'm abit apprehensive, but the Toyos are good tyres man...haha

depending on size, u might want to check out newer model of toyo , proxes c1s and toyo drb, noisewise should be way better then t1r, but performance wise i cannot say .

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

Jazz
  • Premium member
    Jazz
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Previously on RE001, I would say is a good UHP tyres, now currently on PP2 not PS3, it good enuf for me, stiff sidewall, good in dry and wet. Noise I would say better than RE001. Not a Dunlop supporter here. happy.gif

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

Zniper
  • Premium member
    Zniper
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i would like to say but seriously i forgotten liao... somemore at tat point of time i not so particular abt tyres... haha

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

ODCmaniac
  • ODCmaniac
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Can PS3 fits on odc?

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Used to use RE001 , currently using T1R, the T1R grip id definately better than RE001, but the side walls are quite soft, thats the bad point. T1Rs are very sticky, can see the difference by the amount of debris being stuck on the tyre after a trip on the highway.. Think my T1R will not last till 40k.

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

Shox87
  • Premium member
    Shox87
    5th Gear
    Author Image

are u on original sportrims? or after market rims?

on my odc currently i was using the dunlops. reasonably decent tires both in rain and dry.

it feels a little more noisier compared to the LS2000s that i was on previously.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Bridgestone, RE001, Dunlop and 4 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users