Peace again after aircon compressor replacement (FOC)

Best_ctzn

My car has been emitting constant 'chiak chiak' sound from the engine bay since about 3 weeks ago, especially in morning cold start. Previously was very quiet that was why I chose this car. Very irritating and it got louder when aircon is turned on, and when I accelerate the car. You can hear a distinctive booming sound coming from the aircon filter area under dashboard.

Last few days cannot tahan so sent it for checking. The SE subsequently informed the aircon compressor assembly was replaced. The best part was that it was FOC since it is still under 3 years! I was very happy as the warranty would have expired in 3 months time and I would have to cough up the $1k bill.

I am now able to enjoy peace and quiet in my car once again. This incident reinforced my positive vibes about Kia, will definitely consider the brand again when it comes to changing car later on. The car is not perfect and the few times when there are with minor issues, the SEs in different centers have been accommodating though not every time obliged of course. Definitely not much different or losing to the Nissan service quality.

BTW, my car is latest Kia Carens (non-Elite version).

↡ Advertisement

Aiyo. Less dan 3 years spoil liao?

Yah. Maybe got a lemon, [rolleyes] . But not a common problem for this car thankfully.

But it has been good that Kia is willing to replace it FOC without hesitation. At least it did not cook up some cxxk-bull story to shirk responsibility.

Aiyo. Less dan 3 years spoil liao?

Ya lah....my Myvi made in Malaysia.....1.5 years with 40000km....the aircon compressor ki chia liao. Going to be replaced this coming Thurs. FOC under warranty. Won't be surprised that have to go back again before 100000km or 3 years whichever come first. :blink:

Some of Daihatsu Sirion and Toyota Passo friends also experienced the same story. [sweatdrop]

Hmm may i know if let say the aircon is giving out "white smoke"as in can see the blower blowing out the air?? Any DIY remedy before i send for repair :)

This is call "iceing",maybe jammed expansion valve or compressor did not cut out,maybe can try adjusting the temperture a bit higher...

Yah. Maybe got a lemon, [rolleyes] . But not a common problem for this car thankfully.

But it has been good that Kia is willing to replace it FOC without hesitation. At least it did not cook up some cxxk-bull story to shirk responsibility.

more to come......just wait for it

↡ Advertisement