Audi R8 4.2 or Porsche 911 GT3

Dpsk

Actually depends on TS objective....

If want a pure breed racing car, the Porsche.

If want design and performance than take the R8

I like both but if I am gonna pit both together I will go for GT3... but a safer buy would be R8 since it is the running model and the GT3 is an older model.

Take a drive and decide... both are solid car, no doubt about. It is all about personal preference.

Just choose which you like best. I would go for looks in a car. Both are supercars, but how fast can you drive in Singapore roads? 90km/h?

depends on your needs.

if you do golfing with your spouse/parter, or go for road trips, the GT3 has some extra space where the rear seats would usually be.

that said, GT3 is a more hardcore, out-and-out sports car with the race track in mind, whereas the R8 would feel a little more relaxed day to day.

the R8 transmission needs getting some used to. the gear changes is not as smooth as a DSG out of the box, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty smooth. the R8 would probably be more of a all-rounder if you use it for the track sometimes.

i prefer the feel of a mid-engine set-up as opposed to the 911s rear engine placement. Even when comparing a Cayman/Boxster to a 911, the handling of Cayman/Boxster feels so much better than the rear-heavy 911.

does anyone knows the r8 driveability? i read that its gear switching is abit jumpy. is this true?

i like the audi r8 too. porkies are too common sight and even though the design is classic, its kinda boring with all those boxsters around.

Porker for me....the R8, needs some getting used to as you have to get used to the gear changes needs some input. the 911, however, heaven......

when i tested the R8..seemed like a disco box initially, but overall, 911, has the RWD factor and that is fun.

DPSK, do go for advanced driving to learn how to handle a RWD, and how to overcome oversteer and keeping a nice drift

best wishes

radx. can provide some more info on the r8 gear issue? did you test drive at PA?

It is not really an issue, but more like getting used to it....when you gun, you need to change the gear at the optimum match.....with the paddles. I tested it when they launched it...

however, with a manual GT3, you engage and you know when to change, and car wun disco.....

but for all it is worth, try both la and you will understand and see the characteristics

Neutral Newbie

the porsche will be a very puristic car, your partner will hate you.

r8, well =D, but i heard only ah, it understeers like a bitch.

the porsche will be a very puristic car, your partner will hate you.

r8, well =D, but i heard only ah, it understeers like a bitch.

somehow, even with the Quattro...no kick lah...you definitely want the pure joy out of a RR monster [:p][:p]

Dude, you know you can ask me to go along when you buy either one.

but Porsche is my choice. need less to ask.

although there are less R8s around.

but neither goes with your HDB, you might have to consider buying a private place to house the final choice.

enjoy the process nonetheless

funny that a thought just came to mind...that there is no small kid to come in and give theories about the cars from textbooks...but here we have ppl who have driven the cars and know the handling, etc [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Dude, you know you can ask me to go along when you buy either one.

but Porsche is my choice. need less to ask.

although there are less R8s around.

but neither goes with your HDB, you might have to consider buying a private place to house the final choice.

enjoy the process nonetheless

that's a thought...buying a house to suit the car... [laugh][laugh][laugh]