Jeju Island

Dannyk

Neutral Newbie

Is Jeju island good to travel in Dec? Any good advises... Still cannot decide whether to go Turkey or Korea + Jeju now. :wub:

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i went korea 8d6n in aug this year. i duno abt turkey but i tink the worst thing abt korea is the food! jeju island is fun though, seoul is erm... soso. typical shopping and eating.

korean food is very bad isnt it. i went to natas today wanted to confirm the order with CTC but last minute the fella increased the price by $200 per pax. siao

Korean food in the tour is mostly hot plate barbecue stuff. There'll be the hotplate for a couple of people to share, and plates of raw meat and veg [laugh]

Kimchi with every meal and sometimes its in the soup as well. Loved the stuff...

Edited by Sosaria

i went korea 8d6n in aug this year. i duno abt turkey but i tink the worst thing abt korea is the food! jeju island is fun though, seoul is erm... soso. typical shopping and eating.

whats wrong with their food? i am not a korean fan but i enjoy most of the meals over there [;)]

It's the same regardless of where u go for more than a few days: obviously u will be eating local food so if u have never liked it before, why bother unless u r prepared to carry your own or suffer during every meal?

Btw, I love kimchi :wub:

Edited by Anakin

I like the Korea food, think it is good.

Maybe your tour agent brought you to a bad one [;)]

Is Jeju island good to travel in Dec? Any good advises... Still cannot decide whether to go Turkey or Korea + Jeju now. :wub:

Went South Korea/Jeju in late June this year. If you haven't been to Jeju before, just go once and its enough. There's really nothing much in Jeju. Our 2 days itinerary in Jeju took us to the Yongnam rock, Sunrise Peak, Chonjiyon waterfall, some 4x4 dirt bike ride, the "da chang jin" folk village and some road where you can switch off engine yet your vehicle can still move up the slope. Bought some of their locally made Jeju chocolates (orange and cactus flavour) and tangerines. They also got locally produced honey but our guide told us not to buy as it was not the season yet.

But I had the best lunch there, the free flow BBQ pork (from black pig) and kimchi were simply superb! [:p]

Personally it's good for sights seeing at Jeju Island, the few places have been mentioned by the brothers above, Take note at night nothing much to do, dun waste ur time looking for things, the most is those convenience shops. Also one of the place not mentioned was Mysterious Road, then dun forget to ask ur tour guide bring u go for seafood dinner. The live squid is a must try :D

Neutral Newbie

I just came back 2 wks back from seoul , jeju. Free n easy. Dont waste time joining the tour pakages. Travel on your own. Rent a car in jeju n u will enjoy the island, easy to drive around n u will survive wiith a korean gps. Trust me u wont get lost on jeju.

Supercharged

My wife and I are planning to have our honeymoon in jeju this Oct, contemplating between tour package or Free and easy.

The cost of tour package is around $1.5k, all in.

I actually prefer free and easy as I can nigger in the bed longer rather than as planned.

I don't mind to rent a car in jeju, but was told they are left hand drive.

was also told that the hotels and admission are costly, hence it may be more cost saving if we were to go for tour package.

any pointers to share?

My wife and I are planning to have our honeymoon in jeju this Oct, contemplating between tour package or Free and easy.

The cost of tour package is around $1.5k, all in.

I actually prefer free and easy as I can nigger in the bed longer rather than as planned.

I don't mind to rent a car in jeju, but was told they are left hand drive.

was also told that the hotels and admission are costly, hence it may be more cost saving if we were to go for tour package.

any pointers to share?

:secret-laugh:

↡ Advertisement