Jeju Island

Dannyk

Wife wana go Korea this year.

Can advise the hotels you stay in Jeju and Seoul? Kamsahamnida. :D

We will be doing free and easy. She just want shopping and eating and maybe a few POI.

If you are adventurous, i recommend Airbnb.

In Seoul, i stayed in Gangnam area.  Easy access to Shopping belt within Gangnam.

But far away from usual tourist sight.

We will be doing free and easy. She just want shopping and eating and maybe a few POI.

My company used to send me to Korea quite often for work but they always send me

at the worse time. They send me when Man U beat Seoul FC 3 - 2 but the only good thing

was at half time they have SNSD performing. That's the only time I gave my full attention.

Because of that trip I missed seeing Liverpool beat Singapore 5 - 0 at the national stadium.

Anyway your wife is helping you save money by eating and shopping in Korea.

All the food is 5000 won and all the cosmetics is so much cheaper than Spore especially

face mask. Your wife will make herself beautiful and save you money at the same time. 

Rent a car is the best way around Jeju as all the good places are far away and no public

transport. Just be careful when turning at the junction you don't want to into the wrong lane

and go head on.  Anyway see my post #102 for car rental booking and save over 50% when

you join as a member.

If you like those "RA" hotels you can click on the link below.

People cannot imagine how really "RA" this place is. Don't click if these things offend you. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel_Review-g297885-d9454653-Reviews-RA_Hotel-Jeju_Jeju_Island.html

Please don't click the link if these RA kind of thing offends you. This is really RA.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

i saw some airbnb in those traditional old house of korea, like in the ancient drama type, would love to stay in one when i go korea again :D

For seoul, i always stay at ibis

Junior suite room. Room #17-06 very spacious.

01 king bed + 1 single bed. (i paid S$150 nett per night during CNY2017, booked almost 11months ahead))

ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong Hotel
78  Namdaemun-ro  Jung-gu  
04534  Seoul
KOREA, REPUBLIC OF

about 200m walk to Euljiro-1 ga MRT station.

(about 300m to myeongdong MRT which is opposite Grand Pacific Hotel)

downstair is the famous Myeongdong streets.

Opposite the hotel is Lotte Young Plaza and Westin hotel

Too many new hotels in this area for the past 3yrs....

Many ATB in Korea....especially those streets sellers.

Shouting "Bao Zi Hao Chi"....knn I thot im in China.

Those boutique/shops/eatery also know how to speak chinese. Mostly ATB

Conquered by AT liao

Direct Limo bus No 6015 (won 15,000 per way) from/to ICN Airport.

Alight in-front of hotel

for internet, buy the starhub prepaid card and activate happyroam.
1GB 7days S$5 and many other plans.
using SK Telecom 3G speed, but very fast. 
Edited by Mcf777

wah, so nice..

economy not doing well yet can go holiday.

Jeju, is this your first time to the island?

how many days you be staying?

as for Seoul, I don't know much as it was planned by wife.

don't like seoul, hence won't share much

Save save save for this trip one.

Not my first time to Jeju n Seoul. Been there before but with tour group in 1999.

My wife wana stay in Jeju for two nights only and five nights in Seoul. Just wana know which good n cheap hotel near some sightseeing places and shopping places. I got nothing to see or buy(maybe car camera), I am just following my wife around while she shops. Nothing abt korea fancy me at the moment.

better remind her to limit her shopping $$...... Seoul shopping is a 24 hours Utopian for women, and you will lose her easily   :grin:  She will even forget her hubby's name.  Be warned.

I got a female friend, went Seoul, 1st time. wasn't fully mentally prepared.  She shopped and went crazy, bought so much, she went back to hotel, dropped all bags, and go out again to shop. did this many rounds.  When credit card max out, she came back to hotel, log in to pay credit card bill via ibanking, then go shopping again.  Then she bought new luggage just to pack the shopping items, and pay extra charge to airline.

better remind her to limit her shopping $$...... Seoul shopping is a 24 hours Utopian for women, and you will lose her easily   :grin:  She will even forget her hubby's name.  Be warned.

I got a female friend, went Seoul, 1st time. wasn't fully mentally prepared.  She shopped and went crazy, bought so much, she went back to hotel, dropped all bags, and go out again to shop. did this many rounds.  When credit card max out, she came back to hotel, log in to pay credit card bill via ibanking, then go shopping again.  Then she bought new luggage just to pack the shopping items, and pay extra charge to airline.

Thatz why I am following her around closely. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Supercharged

For seoul, i always stay at ibis

Junior suite room. Room #17-06 very spacious.

01 king bed + 1 single bed. (i paid S$150 nett per night during CNY2017, booked almost 11months ahead))

ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong Hotel
78  Namdaemun-ro  Jung-gu  
04534  Seoul
KOREA, REPUBLIC OF

about 200m walk to Euljiro-1 ga MRT station.

(about 300m to myeongdong MRT which is opposite Grand Pacific Hotel)

downstair is the famous Myeongdong streets.

Opposite the hotel is Lotte Young Plaza and Westin hotel

Too many new hotels in this area for the past 3yrs....

Many ATB in Korea....especially those streets sellers.

Shouting "Bao Zi Hao Chi"....knn I thot im in China.

Those boutique/shops/eatery also know how to speak chinese. Mostly ATB

Conquered by AT liao

Direct Limo bus No 6015 (won 15,000 per way) from/to ICN Airport.

Alight in-front of hotel

for internet, buy the starhub prepaid card and activate happyroam.
1GB 7days S$5 and many other plans.
using SK Telecom 3G speed, but very fast. 

i stayed in this same hotel too.  

Perfect location.  Myeongdong shopping is just downstairs.

• Praise 1

you should do like my friend's husband, he keeps all the cards and money, want to buy anything ask him to pay :D

Supercharged

u follow her, she will ask you to carry the shopping bags and buy even more stuff.....  Worse, she will ask you to take cab go back hotel, put down the bags quickly and come back to her again. [knife]  

Supercharged

lol.

my wife has zero interest in shopping for clothes and cosmetics. and i mean zero... i buy her clothes for her.

U are one hell of lucky b*****d.....   :grin:

• Praise 1

U are one hell of lucky b*****d.....   :grin:

sometimes good, sometimes bad lah.

I have to search online to buy stuff for her to wear. And it's hard for me to pick out clothes for her to mix and match.

So some hits, some misses.

Sounds like my colleague in Bangkok. Choose the hotel above the shopping centre

buy until hands cannot carry then go up and dump shopping bags in the room then

come down and buy more. Then go with 2 big luggage with nothing inside cos bra and

panties can buy in Bangkok and start using and then bring back. 

My company used to send me to Korea quite often for work but they always send me

at the worse time. They send me when Man U beat Seoul FC 3 - 2 but the only good thing

was at half time they have SNSD performing. That's the only time I gave my full attention.

Because of that trip I missed seeing Liverpool beat Singapore 5 - 0 at the national stadium.

Anyway your wife is helping you save money by eating and shopping in Korea.

All the food is 5000 won and all the cosmetics is so much cheaper than Spore especially

face mask. Your wife will make herself beautiful and save you money at the same time. 

Rent a car is the best way around Jeju as all the good places are far away and no public

transport. Just be careful when turning at the junction you don't want to into the wrong lane

and go head on.  Anyway see my post #102 for car rental booking and save over 50% when

you join as a member.

If you like those "RA" hotels you can click on the link below.

People cannot imagine how really "RA" this place is. Don't click if these things offend you. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel_Review-g297885-d9454653-Reviews-RA_Hotel-Jeju_Jeju_Island.html

Please don't click the link if these RA kind of thing offends you. This is really RA.

Hi,

Is changing SGD to WON easily available in Seoul?

↡ Advertisement