Do you worry for your children future in SGP

Dpsk

This is not just your children problem or rather Singapore. Its a global problem with all developed nations as currently the economic model that we have been using is unable to sustain us like the past due to our growing population. Its like business model for different company size. From the way I see it, its not just the paper to gain a foot in the world like now, we might be heading towards a model used back in the past to survive but not the majority will get this pie.

after reading this http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2656372

i getting very worried for my children's future in SGP whether the system can sustain future education, housing and jobs competitiveness amongst other nations. what you all thinking?

I only worry they become wayward.

Its their character that I worry, not their comforts.

Competing with other nations ? what can you do ?

Ironically its those small countries that have grit that are thriving well. Look at Swiss, Israel, Monaco and I include Spore. Any natural resource ? but all rich... [cool]

Go Israel, and you will find the Real Silicon Valley there. SJ is just the cover...

Being small has its advantages...

can imagine how much our children need to pay for a HDB flat when they grow up? $600K for a new 5 room?

when average pay rises to $10K a month, no one will bat an eyelid. The key is to make sure your kids will be one of those making $10K a month hehe.

My parents bought their first flat at $18K. If they thought of the future when i bought my own flat at $186K and felt gloomy about it, i might not have been born LOL

can imagine how much our children need to pay for a HDB flat when they grow up? $600K for a new 5 room?

Can u imagine how much they are paying for the COE?

-_-

when average pay rises to $10K a month, no one will bat an eyelid. The key is to make sure your kids will be one of those making $10K a month hehe.

My parents bought their first flat at $18K. If they thought of the future when i bought my own flat at $186K and felt gloomy about it, i might not have been born LOL

good point.

When that time arrive, u sell your flat, take the money and migrate to Bolehland or LOS and start a small business, u ll become one of the elite and richman there. :D

Neutral Newbie

if everyone 10k a month, and everyone have 1mil hdb flat, then the ratio same same, isnt it like communist idea liao?

No choice, your kids will have to make it to upper middle class or LLST.... be either an elite, rich b------d or lucky.

Working hard doesnt mean squat. Work smart.

I have 2 small sons as well, i am as worried as u are when i think of the future for them. What to do, just ensure they have the best headstart they can have and all things leave to God or fate (if non-believer of any religion) ... As their dad, i sort of made it into middle upper, so i think they can as well, hopefully.

Neutral Newbie

i cant afford international school

hence stuck with it

pity my kids

but have to try to provide

problem with kids nowadays

they live each day as it comes and never think about the difficulties of tomorrow

they always tell us, that we worry too much

i cant afford international school

hence stuck with it

pity my kids

but have to try to provide

problem with kids nowadays

they live each day as it comes and never think about the difficulties of tomorrow

they always tell us, that we worry too much

bro, agree, coz they have not taste hardship like us ...

Turbocharged

frankly, did you parents pay increase by 10 times as compare to the time when they purchase their $18K HDB?

http://www.tradechakra.com/economy/singapo...ingapore-22.php

base on this link, the avg joe on the street earns about $30K a year. even if in 20 yrs time, they earn double, to $60K, it will be damn taxing for them to buy a $600K HDB......

↡ Advertisement