Does Turbo Diesel Vehicle Need A Turbo Timer?

Aeromania

No la..rev hard cost find pick up sometimes..even i go up my mscp..turbo spoof up lei..so install TT lo..nothing like a fierce driver..just an extra protection for the turbo?

Btw, you thinking of an engine swap? I think Copen has the 1.3L NA model. Then throw in a turbo and wow..... It will be fierece man!! for a fierce driver!! The power/weight ratio, I believe it can even kill Evos and WRXs already. Then put those super wide tyres that protrude out of the body one like what people did to the minis....

It will be an awesome ride!! Good for fierce drivers!!

Edited by Mini-itx2010
↡ Advertisement

Btw, you thinking of an engine swap? I think Copen has the 1.3L NA model. Then throw in a turbo and wow..... It will be fierece man!! for a fierce driver!! The power/weight ratio, I believe it can even kill Evos and WRXs already. Then put those super wide tyres that protrude out of the body one like what people did to the minis....

It will be an awesome ride!! Good for fierce drivers!!

LOL! 1.3L NA will be perfect for Copen, better fuel consumption somemore! Anyway i'm not fierce driver la..just that Copen need to hit that range of rpm for a decent pickup..if not it will be like road hogging liao..have heard of a copen with 150horses in singapore, but not sure true or not..150hp/840kg~ it will be darn fast i suppose..anyway we OT liao..seemed like to the TS that a turbo timer is not needed..

LOL! 1.3L NA will be perfect for Copen, better fuel consumption somemore! Anyway i'm not fierce driver la..just that Copen need to hit that range of rpm for a decent pickup..if not it will be like road hogging liao..have heard of a copen with 150horses in singapore, but not sure true or not..150hp/840kg~ it will be darn fast i suppose..anyway we OT liao..seemed like to the TS that a turbo timer is not needed..

Wow! 150HP/840Kg.....thats nearly 180HP per ton. can out run many cars man.

Oh yar we are going OT. But I seriously have never heard of a pickup truck needing turbo timer unless TS is modding the truck for drag racing or something.... Stock confirm + chop don't need. Dont' even need to idle engine to cool down turbo etc. Just park and off engine and go. Nothing will happen to the turbo one.

Ya lo, think so too..but as said, I just get a turbo timer for extra care for the turbo..cheers! :D

Bro, actually for extra car for turbo, you need good engine oil and additives. This is because most of the damage does not occur when you let the turbo cool down. Its when the turbo is running at near 200K RPM or even higher.

Bro, actually for extra car for turbo, you need good engine oil and additives. This is because most of the damage does not occur when you let the turbo cool down. Its when the turbo is running at near 200K RPM or even higher.

Yup thanks bro..I'm using amsoil..and redline..don't know whether good enough..and don't know what is actually considered good engine oil!

Bros and Sis,

BTW I just bought a 2nd hand Isuzu D-Max and is wondering if there's a need to install a turbo timer.

And

any difference between diesel and petrol engine? Or any turbo timer fits all?

Thanks in advance.

Suggest you save the money for something more important. You're not driving a race car or doing any serious racing.

Suggest you save the money for something more important. You're not driving a race car or doing any serious racing.

hey it is so rare to see you post lucid comments like this. [:p]

no

most important is a good engine oil

schaeffers 9000 5w40 is one

Really? Maybe I should try this engine oil! Is it really good? Better FC?

Yes agree, but for small cc turbo cars like mine, turbo spoof in at 2+rpm..no way I can avoid boosting. so a bit bo bian, got to have a turbo timer..better safe than sorry..dont want premature wear on turbo..i kiasee heehee.. [:p]

Hi , your turbo is stock or aftermarket retro ? Is it illegal to retro fit a turbo in Singapore ? Thanks

(edited)

hows the dmax? i've driven b4 but it seems rather dead as compared to hiace or hilux

best pickup i've driven so far. tried the L200 and Hilux also.

Actually i feel that L200 is the best so far but got issue parking at MSCP so forget about it.

Hilux is very uncomfortable and the permanent 4WD is not what i really wanted so drop that idea also.

Dmax is surprisingly comfortable and quiet. feels like an SUV. That's why I bought it.

Edited by Aeromania

Hi , your turbo is stock or aftermarket retro ? Is it illegal to retro fit a turbo in Singapore ? Thanks

Hi bro, my turbo is stock. Cheers! :D And yes, illegal to retrofit a turbo in Singapore.

Edited by Copen
↡ Advertisement