2010 Opel Astra 1.6T

Jujitsuka

Hi Bros @ MCF

This is my 1st post at MCF so just thought of sharing a very nice car which i've viewed late last month.

Its the new Opel Astra 1.6Turbo with 180bhp. I've taken some pics so decided to share with the bros here!

For more images and specs you can visit this link http://www.opelmicrosites.com/astra/index.html

I manged to view the car while it was being sent to LTA for homoglation. SE quoted me $118,500 pre-launch price

And $125,000 launch price (November), it was just too steep for my liking as it does not coroborate with current mkt trends for say VW Golf TSI & Scirocco.

I would have bite had they sold it ard $100-$108 grand but well maybe the prices may drop during launch?

Do give your feedback as to whether it is a good offer as currently i'ved put it on the back burner somehow as there are a host of new models coming along etc Ford Mondeo/Focus Ecoboost models.

It does comes with a host of goodies like built in bicycle rack at the rear license plate, flase or adjustable boot floor, bluetooth HU with LCD display, Satellite Radio. Just to name a few different things that can't be found on other rides.

But build quality wise IMHO still not on par with VW. But its better than a Bravo or Octavia or any other Jap makes in the same Category.

post-43829-1288006643.jpg

post-43829-1288006659.jpg

FYI this is Mr Karsono Kwee's car, i really liked the number plate lol! Its a real sneak peek as this car was still parked at the warehouse, after juz landed from port.

post-43829-1288006643_thumb.jpg

post-43829-1288006659_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hmm seems like no one interested in this car... Or did i post in wrong Cat? Mods feel free to transfer this thread to Conti Talk if so...

Ok ok. I very interested. Can you pm me your 'SE' that quote you that price, I want to test drive. I support you. If I quote your name to that SE, got special discount or not?

The built in bicycle rack at licence plate is a good feature, although I don't know how the hell it works.

Turbocharged

is this a manual or auto gear box? sedan or hatch back?

why not consider the opel corsa turbo. very capable car in my opinion.

Its an automated 6 speed shifter... Hmm OMV according to SE is 27k... SE her name is Dorothy i reckon if i remb correctly?

Bros can see here for a comprehensive review

Ok ok. I very interested. Can you pm me your 'SE' that quote you that price, I want to test drive. I support you. If I quote your name to that SE, got special discount or not?

The built in bicycle rack at licence plate is a good feature, although I don't know how the hell it works.

PM sent!

Opel, like Saab is an understated car...

but have a drive and some can be convinced. not for the japz group of drivers...

Good car it may be.

If it's rare, the parts might also be rare.

If it breaks down or accident, it will take a longer time to service and repair. Not to mentioning more expensive too.

I don't like to own a rare car as my only car.

↡ Advertisement