• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
43 replies to this topic | 170 praises

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thinking of buying a motorised one for my flat but will the pounding affect the neighbour downstairs?
Any bros with experience?

Dont want to end up with exercise machine you can only use when neighbours are away.
Dleodleo praised this

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:32 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i got threadmill at home too... no issues
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:45 AM

Parkingidiot
  • Parkingidiot
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I've got a threadmill at home also. Other than leaving a huge footprint on the real estate in my matchbox size HDB, there's no issues with the noise. It's a lot more healthier jogging on a threadmill than breathing in the car fumes on the pavements. And it's a lot more convenient being able to jog in the comfort of your own home rather than going out to find a jogging track or park.
Dleodleo praised this
Visit http://carcameras.blogspot.com/ for HD Digital Camcorders for car use

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

chances of it become a white elephant is high.
Dleodleo praised this
Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

chances of it become a white elephant is high.

laugh.gif laugh.gif like 8 out of 10 will be collecting dust after 1st few month ...

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

Mrmilktooth
  • Premium member
    Mrmilktooth
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Thinking of buying a motorised one for my flat but will the pounding affect the neighbour downstairs?

Dont want to end up with exercise machine you can only use when neighbours are away.

very considerate! considering tha fact i always get the bouncing of balls on e floor from the above neighbours' kids...
Dleodleo praised this

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

Geruicheng
  • Premium member
    Geruicheng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I had a treadmill in my hdb flat for 5 years... the latest time that I ran was at 10.30pm.. no complaints from neigbhours. So I think it should be fine.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

on the other hand, a blow up doll is less likely to discarded after a few uses laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif but still provide ample excercise laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

Hotamp
  • Hotamp
    4th Gear
    Author Image

actually it all depends on your neighbour below....some are "qing-cai"...then lucky no issue....but also considerate lah keep to certain hours when using the treadmill.....hdb not sound prove one lah....no one complain doesnt mean no noise.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

Ravereviewer
  • Premium member
    Ravereviewer
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I had one for 7 years, no issues, or complaints from neighbours. But the wife uses it only once every leap year, and I prefer to jog in the park near my home. If you prefer fresh air, do it outdoors.
Otherwise, like mine, it became a giant clothes hanger; aka white elephant. rolleyes.gif
Dleodleo praised this

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

Jiannshan
  • Jiannshan
    4th Gear
    Author Image

haha i agree!

my mum bought the treadmill a few months ago and im so excited at the prospect of doing my own running at home without the need to run to a nearby park for my jog..

but at the end of the day, i think i only used the machine 3 times since the day it was bought. haha! n the irony is im still going to the park to jog.

anyway to TS, dun worry about the noise, my mum jogs on the machine often in the evenings.. no issues or complains from neighbours so far..
Dleodleo praised this
~~~Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow~~~

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

great, guys!

thanks for replies.

As for chances of white elephant... well, we'll see in a few months if i start a 'treadmill for sale' thread biggrin.gif

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:32 PM

Spanly
  • Premium member
    Spanly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

seriously, is much better running outdoor as i find running on treadmill boring.

of course the plus pts are being able to exercise in bad weather conditions. why don't consider getting from any of those bros here who own one but now being a while elephant... win-win laugh.gif

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:41 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Run treadmill no gd, run outside better cos got many things to see while u run.
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

Hjteo
  • Hjteo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Used to have one - after a while, I prefer running outdoor - natural running stride plus wind to cool down. Even if the weather is bad, just do some Hi intensity intervals (HIIT) at the corridor or MSCP. Sold it away after some time.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

not so much for me... more for the CO and mom-in-law.... they are exercise-averse and its showing. let them walk on it watching tv.

i might borrow time to time to train for ippt. set to 14.4km/h, let the music play and stay on for 10min.... angel.gif

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:22 PM

Estrangable
  • Estrangable
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i have 1 at home from aibi ..more than 7 years...total number time on the treadmill over the 7 years - less than 50.

My suggestion -save the $$. It will be a white elephant
----------------------------------------------------------

"Hatred isn't something you're born with. It gets taught. At school, they said segregation is what's said in the bible... Genesis 9, Verse 27. At 7 years of age, you get told it enough times, you believe it. You believe the hatred. You live it... you breathe it. You marry it."
Mississippi Burning, 1988

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ya..i have a few frds who own treadmill...some bought those fancy 1s with inbuilt tv..
few years later, when i visited them..1 ended up at common area outside, 1 sold, 1 was used to hang clothes in balcony..

running outside is free, oso treadmill occupy so much space.
MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

Parkingidiot
  • Parkingidiot
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I think the suggestions about trying first at a gym before buying is a very good idea.

I also did quite a lot of running on threadmills, before I considered buying my own.

At the gym we can fully appreciate the use of a threadmill, or any exercise equipment, and see if it is suitable for us, and whether we like using it. Only if we regularly are willing to use at a gym, and then find it inconvenient waiting in line at the gym - then there is a business case for buying our own.

My own threadmill, I am using it about 1 to 2 times a week, regularly. As long as we can make it a habit by using it regularly for at least 2 x a week, for 3 months without giving up - I think a threadmill will NOT become a white elephant. Of course, YMMV.
Visit http://carcameras.blogspot.com/ for HD Digital Camcorders for car use

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

Kxbc
  • Kxbc
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I will buy one if it serves this purpose.

Edited by Kxbc, 27 October 2010 - 04:08 PM.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: treadmill, hdb, flat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users