treadmill in hdb flat

Karoon

I think the suggestions about trying first at a gym before buying is a very good idea.

I also did quite a lot of running on threadmills, before I considered buying my own.

At the gym we can fully appreciate the use of a threadmill, or any exercise equipment, and see if it is suitable for us, and whether we like using it. Only if we regularly are willing to use at a gym, and then find it inconvenient waiting in line at the gym - then there is a business case for buying our own.

My own threadmill, I am using it about 1 to 2 times a week, regularly. As long as we can make it a habit by using it regularly for at least 2 x a week, for 3 months without giving up - I think a threadmill will NOT become a white elephant. Of course, YMMV.

↡ Advertisement

for real fitness, dont run on threadmill.

You may think you can run quite fast and quite long on threadmill.. once u hit the road.. 5min and you feel darn shack already.

Yeah. Seriously, tread mill isn't as good as jogging.

If you have a park connector near you, use that instead. Nothing beats real jogging. Real jogging is more tiring.

Also, park connector is nice, you can see nubile girls with their tight figures, developing breasts, tight asses prancing around in their skimpy little outfits!

Oh, my. Did I steer this thread that way again?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If you have a park connector near you, use that instead. Nothing beats real jogging. Real jogging is more tiring.

Also, park connector is nice, you can see nubile girls with their tight figures, developing breasts, tight asses prancing around in their skimpy little outfits!

Or you may also see fat out of shape aunties with their skimpy little outfits........ [sweatdrop]

But do agree jogging outside is more tiring than on a treadmill overall.

i cannot believe this without photographic evidence [mad]

If people thinking of buying get a used one.

When the ad says hardly used, low millage, very high chance

its true unlike a used car ad.

Also best to get the ones with the big handles as you can

use it every day as a towel rack.

So you can claim you really use it everyday.   [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 2

All those I know who bought a treadmill end up being a white elephant.

i dunno why but when i ran on the treadmill, i feel like vomiting ... anyway that was more than 25 years ago ... and i believe the machine already recycled into something else already.

• Praise 1

chances of it become a white elephant is high.

I've had my Treadmill for 17 years.

Still use it 4 or 5 times a week.

Had to buy a few minor spares but the only outlay is on 4 X D type batteries every 4 months or so.

for real fitness, dont run on threadmill.

You may think you can run quite fast and quite long on threadmill.. once u hit the road.. 5min and you feel darn shack already.

Try running on a treadmill with some incline.

• Praise 1

hamster-wheel-treadmill.jpg

That may be true for some but for me but I use threadmill for a few reasons:

a. less stress on my worn-out joints, I can tell a good threadmill from a bad one just by running on it for 15-20 mins.

b. due to above, I usually run and watch my netflix. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I live close to the park connector but there are more and more irresponsible siao ginas out there with their high speed electric skateboards, hoverboards, scooters, it is increasingly difficult to even have a slow and safe run, especially on weekend.

• Praise 1

That may be true for some but for me but I use threadmill for a few reasons:

a. less stress on my worn-out joints, I can tell a good threadmill from a bad one just by running on it for 15-20 mins.

b. due to above, I usually run and watch my netflix. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I live close to the park connector but there are more and more irresponsible siao ginas out there with their high speed electric skateboards, hoverboards, scooters, it is increasingly difficult to even have a slow and safe run, especially on weekend.

:grin:

Netflix_and_Chill_Graffiti.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1