Singapore is least corrupt country in the world

Pokyman

aiya, spore is good in anti-corruption nothing wrong rite, if everything pay&pay also fail, you think they still can be in government? they are good in some things & bad in others, same elsewhere, no government is perfect.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

dont know leh. getting quite tired of the things happening lately and i starting to feel like a change is needed.

Neutral Newbie

u got CIP hrs or not?

[laugh]

lol, not in singapore la, singapore too busy. only the boliao compulsory ones.

but i'm a regular blood donor, that one okay not?

blood donor saves lives, CIP got save lives? as far as i know, it puts cleaners out of job for one day if they're paid on a day to day basis.

my point is, you have to pay a FAIR price (salary), to a public servant, even if it is serving the public, and even if it is in the millions. we cannot say, just because it is a public service position (minister), cannot draw a salary that commensurate with the jbo scope , responsibility level and achievements.

The curretn cabinet of top ministers (pm, mm, smm, finance, education ministers etc), they have built up our nation remarkably well, (nfrastructure, defence, finance, education, , legal system ... ), surely they deserve the millions they are drawing, as compared to a ceo who earns millions of dollars for his shareholders ?

if you know how much top earners (doctors, lawyers, bankers , engineers, ceos) are getting, you will understand that given the relatively much vital and bigger task of running a country and managing much more money than any organisation, the salary is actually justified .

now, if the current ministers are to retire now, and if we pay a minute portion of the current salary to the future ministers, those capable people in the private sector, wil they want to join the public service ? then you will be left with those people who are much less capable and drawing much lesser money in the private sector, they will be willing to join as they dont have anything to lose but to gain, they will become the ministers. And what type of calibre will our ministers be ? these ministers will be managing hundred of billion of dollars in our reserves and cpf, making decisions that affect 5 millions people's livelihood , and giving out projects worth billions. Are you sure you can sleep well at night ?

Mr Vextan.

How do you define the word 'fair'?

When 50% or more Sinkie earns roughly a median wage of $5000 per month.

Their Masters and semi-masters are getting more than a $100K per month!

What's the ratio here?...

I'm too dumb to figure this out! :D

They can always hop over to the private sector if they want. I would love to see LKY get employment in the private sector, since he claimed he would be paid much more if he moved.

I believe Yeo Cheow Tong is now drawing a fraction of his ex-ministerial salary. www.yeocheowtong.com

If people need to justify why their masters need to draw obscene amounts, please don't. It makes the others nauseous. If going by amount of assets managed, shouldn't Obama be paid billions?

LKY did not singularly develop Singapore from Third World to First (and back to Third now). A Swiss standard of living with 68 year old tissue-sellers?

Most of the "key appointments" are from non-related background & ex-military or k****ip (censored). [lipsrsealed] If they demand to have a minimum wage pegged to the top earners from the private sector, accountability and performance should follow suit. Where is WKS hiding now? I hear his GRC is under contest.

Now most, if not all of us do not have a say in the matter. But to go around idolising them and preaching their "virtues" to others simply reeks of adulatory kowtowing. Try the MSM for that.

If they just want money and power, admit it. Don't put up a facade.

Wake up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Winsemius

e538y0ifyqvh0urgvwcddcb.jpg

We might not have a lot of natural resources to depend upon...but we are creative.

While other countries with natural resources make use of these resources to build cars to earn some money, we just need to print a piece of paper and then sell them at$30,000 to $40,000 each.

Those countries help to create many jobs for their ppl by building cars, here print a pce of paper to sell only create job for the printer...

Neutral Newbie

If people need to justify why their masters need to draw obscene amounts, please don't. It makes the others nauseous. If going by amount of assets managed, shouldn't Obama be paid billions?

Obama has two presidential residences, the White House and Camp David. He also has Air Force One, not 1 but 2 747 Boeing Jets. Thousands of people follow him when he travels. Not to mention Marine 1, and other decoy helicopters and cargo planes that follow wherever he goes. The Cadillac DeVille limos are bullet proof, bomb proof, with puncture proof tires. The list is just too extensive to mention... As one US official put it: "When the President travels, the White House travels with him". Obama's perks make the others nauseous too.

The US President also earns big bucks through royalties from writing books and giving speeches from the lecture circuits. LKY donates all his book royalties to charities. Since his presidency ended, Clinton gave dozens of paid speeches each year. In 2007, it is estimated Clinton earned $51 million from speaking engagements alone.

PS:The Queen receives

Obama has two presidential residences, the White House and Camp David. He also has Air Force One, not 1 but 2 747 Boeing Jets. Thousands of people follow him when he travels. Not to mention Marine 1, and other decoy helicopters and cargo planes that follow wherever he goes. The Cadillac DeVille limos are bullet proof, bomb proof, with puncture proof tires. The list is just too extensive to mention... As one US official put it: "When the President travels, the White House travels with him". Obama's POTUS's perks make the others nauseous too.

The Some US President also earns big bucks through royalties from writing books and giving speeches from the lecture circuits. LKY donates all his book propaganda royalties to charities. Since his presidency ended, Clinton gave dozens of paid speeches each year. In 2007, it is estimated Clinton earned $51 million from speaking engagements alone.

PS:The Queen receives

Edited by Iisterry

I dun think Ministers of NZ, Demark, Finland, Norway or Switzerland are paid in millions to be in todays position. :D

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 6

I dun think Ministers of NZ, Demark, Finland, Norway or Switzerland are paid in millions to be in todays position. :D

The ministers here all are paid in millions, i believe should be much much more than the first five countries and yet ranking still on the 6th?

• Praise 4

The ministers here all are paid in millions, i believe should be much much more than the first five countries and yet ranking still on the 6th?

Something not right somewhere... :D

• Praise 1

Something not right somewhere... :D

Paid themselves millions is just an excuse to skew the logic of corruption to their whims and fancies.

What is right here?

Edited by DACH
↡ Advertisement