Sunny Owners u think your FC high?

Ken4555

to all sunny N16 owners who think that your FC is high...

forget about expensive oils... forget about fuel saving gadgets... forget about additives... forget about light/heavy footed.... forget about dirty air filters... expensive or copper plugs... auto or manual... amt of load stuff in car... 92 or 95 or 98... alway 4pax in car or highway driving or city driving or watever...

the fact is that Sunny is 1.6 DOHC so FC will be will not be as good as cars like Lancer Glxi (SOHC)... Vios (1.5 and so much lighter)... etc... and most ppl think that Sunny jiak you... especially ah laus...

let me ask the sunny owners here, young and old... do you know how much Engine oil your sunny needs? i have asked numerous Mechs in Singapore workshops... all i spoke to dont believe Sunny N16 needs 2.5liters of engine oil... max 2.7liters with oil filter... [dizzy]

most engine oil bottles come in 4liters... oil service packages come in 4 liters bottles mostly... and most mechanics here in Sg just pour in whatever amount and they estimate and then check with the dip stick... yes there are workshops who measure according to manual but rarely in a regular ws...

all sunny owners before you spend $$$ on that snake oil.... before you spend $$$ on that 'most probably wont work' fuel saving gadget.... before you spend any $$$ you think you will waste... put in the correct amount of Engine oil into your sunny N16 and feel the difference in FC... imagine an Engine that needs 2.5-2.7liters of oil, and in goes 3.5liters or more of engine oil... imagine you running in a kids pool, then running in an adult's pool... feel the difference?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

so whats ur fc like?

i dont have a scangauge... sunnys/sentras here dont have FC gauge...

my driving style is heavy footed most of the time... occassionally i drive gently...

my full tank is 95ron always...pump until no more backflow... my light will come on after 400km for sure... sometimes early 400s... sometimes 450 up... after light comes one still can go anothe 30-50 km... i ocassionally hit 500km if not so heavy footed on that tank...

the difference from my sunny (manual) and a stock is...

*i have no spare tyre n jack...

*open pod stainless steel...

*my wheel size is bigger than stock...

*iridum plugs... (expensive EO until lately kanna the cheap EO supermarket frenzy [laugh] )

*straight through exhaust... (need to get a quieter tail muffler looking around in JB)

*air-con off on cool mornings (but lately warm whole day)...

*i add 2-T approx. 40ml to 40liters... (now using an ashless TC-W3 or smthing... but not fully Syn.. and i feel that a racing fully Syn 2T is better smoother)

Edited by Ken4555

i trying to kill time... tats why so boliao...

and you change avatar every hour is it?...

you can kill more time by actually calculating your fc/monitoring how much u pump vs distance travelled. dun need a scan gauge. do it the old school way. so wats ur fc? come back when u have answer. my friend stock, heavy footed 8km/l

to all sunny N16 owners who think that your FC is high...

forget about expensive oils... forget about fuel saving gadgets... forget about additives... forget about light/heavy footed.... forget about dirty air filters... expensive or copper plugs... auto or manual... amt of load stuff in car... 92 or 95 or 98... alway 4pax in car or highway driving or city driving or watever...

the fact is that Sunny is 1.6 DOHC so FC will be will not be as good as cars like Lancer Glxi (SOHC)... Vios (1.5 and so much lighter)... etc... and most ppl think that Sunny jiak you... especially ah laus...

let me ask the sunny owners here, young and old... do you know how much Engine oil your sunny needs? i have asked numerous Mechs in Singapore workshops... all i spoke to dont believe Sunny N16 needs 2.5liters of engine oil... max 2.7liters with oil filter... [dizzy]

most engine oil bottles come in 4liters... oil service packages come in 4 liters bottles mostly... and most mechanics here in Sg just pour in whatever amount and they estimate and then check with the dip stick... yes there are workshops who measure according to manual but rarely in a regular ws...

all sunny owners before you spend $$$ on that snake oil.... before you spend $$$ on that 'most probably wont work' fuel saving gadget.... before you spend any $$$ you think you will waste... put in the correct amount of Engine oil into your sunny N16 and feel the difference in FC... imagine an Engine that needs 2.5-2.7liters of oil, and in goes 3.5liters or more of engine oil... imagine you running in a kids pool, then running in an adult's pool... feel the difference?

I used to have N16. Yes, you only need 3 bottles of engine oil when you change the oil filter.

Mine was MT, the FC is around 10-11 km per liter. My driving style is normal, as in not trying to be extreme light nor heavy foot...

I had 16" rims with 205/55 tires, Nissmo full body kit... and that's all.

(edited)

10-12.5liter per 100km lah... wah lau see my mileage can tell liao mah... sunny when light on and drive abit, can pump in 40liters if to brim...

but heavyfooted on an auto sunny N16 8L/100km is often heard.... probably due to poor condition...

Edited by Ken4555

8km/l is terrible...

Not really la mostly less then 10km/l.. Quite a couple of yrs back b4 i join my company 8 of my colleague bought Sunny together and comment that the FC is really bad.. Eventually after slowly 1 by 1 change car liao.. They said is quite a good car except that is a petrol drinker..

why do people still like their sunny when the fc is so poor.?

many ppl drive the type of cars in singapore due to budget... not what they like...

got many Hyundais worse FC still got ppl drive....

A lot of Jap cars have far lousier fuel efficiency than what many people perceived.

correct... paper is mostly bs... due to the conditions when they do their test...

I used to have N16. Yes, you only need 3 bottles of engine oil when you change the oil filter.

Mine was MT, the FC is around 10-11 km per liter. My driving style is normal, as in not trying to be extreme light nor heavy foot...

I had 16" rims with 205/55 tires, Nissmo full body kit... and that's all.

i think full body kits make FC poorer... unless you drive highway all the time...

i also on 205/55/16... so i think with my "get good FC" skills... if i drove a vios i think i can get 600km plus a full tank... haha.. or even more with a fit/jazz [laugh]

Not really la mostly less then 10km/l.. Quite a couple of yrs back b4 i join my company 8 of my colleague bought Sunny together and comment that the FC is really bad.. Eventually after slowly 1 by 1 change car liao.. They said is quite a good car except that is a petrol drinker..

wah group buy 8 pple for sunny? SE must be damn happy la. or u all work for tan chong motors one [sly]

wah group buy 8 pple for sunny? SE must be damn happy la. or u all work for tan chong motors one [sly]

N16 was top seller in one of those years. So, not surprising.

↡ Advertisement