Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
371 replies to this topic | 1,349 praises

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

A day since I collected my Cayman and the feeling of driving a manual really exhlirates me tons. Even more so when the amount of torque that one can gain from 3 onwards is magnificient. Found joy again in driving, cf mundane transport with the auto gearbox.
The porker's gearbox is superb and with the sound coming from the flat 6, is just heaven! angel.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
So, folks out there, would you trade your auto for a manual anytime? What would your considerations be? Fire away
Turboguy and Aaronlkl praised this

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Driving a manual, do not think I will ever buy an auto, for manual is power on demand...

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

A day since I collected my Cayman and the feeling of driving a manual really exhlirates me tons. Even more so when the amount of torque that one can gain from 3 onwards is magnificient. Found joy again in driving, cf mundane transport with the auto gearbox.
The porker's gearbox is superb and with the sound coming from the flat 6, is just heaven! angel.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
So, folks out there, would you trade your auto for a manual anytime? What would your considerations be? Fire away

next car...for sure it will be a manual... cos S2K or FD2R only comes in MT.. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Visit my travel blog at http://almostafreque...er.blogspot.com

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Driving a manual, do not think I will ever buy an auto, for manual is power on demand...

Totally agree, and control on demand too....

After 4 autos, it really feels like the old days when I had my manual 318 last time!!!
Aaronlkl praised this

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

Lowrider
  • Lowrider
    4th Gear
    Author Image

MT will never be obsolete! And with a kind of traffic jam here... we're considered lucky compared to some countries.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

XALmoN
  • XALmoN
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i hate my osgiken twin plate.

i'm all over manual, but there's no auto box that fits my 32R, so i live with it.
1 Anonymous member praised this
We Produced With Spartan Air

Am i trolling you?

Or am i not?

I wonder.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

MT will never be obsolete! And with a kind of traffic jam here... we're considered lucky compared to some countries.

I agree, in UK most of the contis we see here that are auto are usual manual over there. People in the west still prefers manual over auto hence the demand will be there.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Totally agree, and control on demand too....

After 4 autos, it really feels like the old days when I had my manual 318 last time!!!

Think BMW still has quite alot of manual models, you can import them if you want.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Me gotta brush up my heel toe technique again...to ride those fast corners.....haha

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Think BMW still has quite alot of manual models, you can import them if you want.

I had 2 manual BMWs and those gearboxes are really bulletproof....never gave me any issues till the day i sold it off.,.. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
Aaronlkl praised this

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Is the porky in ur avatar yours? If yes, it has been in the mkt for sometime.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Manual car are drivers' car. So far out of my 5 rides, only 1 auto. Manual drivingcar.gif is still the best thumbsup.gif
Jamesc praised this
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Early Aug....form what I saw.....car is pristine...ppl din pick it up cos it is a manual, I guess laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

dun ask me how I finally decided on a porker...cos was lookin at just selling my cx-7, then, things started to happen, and was looking at e90, e60, even a 7-series laugh.gif laugh.gif
then ah heck, started looking at porkers...and this one fit the bill eprfectly! SA car, and full hsitory

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

driving a French snail manual for 7 months now. Hope the franch snail manual tranny is as reliable as the Germs and Japs.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

Robo
  • Premium member
    Robo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

So far my first 2 cars are both MT biggrin.gif

3rd one LL.. not solely driving it. consolation is its a DSG
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Albert Schweitzer

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

So far my first 2 cars are both MT biggrin.gif

3rd one LL.. not solely driving it. consolation is its a DSG

er.....Polo not even consider a car leh lipsrsealed.gif lipsrsealed.gif lipsrsealed.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Aaronlkl praised this

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

Robo
  • Premium member
    Robo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

er.....Polo not even consider a car leh lipsrsealed.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif

den wad? a horse ah!? laugh.gif laugh.gif
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Albert Schweitzer

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

den wad? a horse ah!? laugh.gif laugh.gif

upgraded tricycycle laugh.gif

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

Hermitage
  • Hermitage
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The best feeling in the world huh? MT, NA, pedal-to-metal is glorious beyond reproach! Congrats on getting a manual Cayman! My friend with an auto/tiptronic one isn't having half as fun as you! His friend with the GT3 however...
No matter where you come from, as long as you are Human...you are an AFRICAN.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: manual

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users