Ah! the joy of a manual..

RadX

(edited)

Don't forget that maintenance for manual is definitely cheaper and easier than the auto.. Seriously I hate the feeling that u dun have the control of the car..

Edited by Godaikyoko
↡ Advertisement

I loved the manual car, but I fell in love with the automatic. I asked myself, do I want to still be driving a manual transmission car until they disappear? I am not quite sure.I listen to fewer people who prefer manual transmission cars and some even talk about their disappearance. The 'stick' may soon disappear from the equipment of the companies, maybe not all though, so the debate still has some air to breathe for now. 

For once, manual car production is cheap. Unfortunately, before you know it, the manual transmission is disappearing even from sports cars. Take the Subaru WRX Automatic for instance, same energy, same boost, and some comfort that you really get used to. While the automatic is a complex and rather expensive mechanism, it's more economical than the manual gearbox and every year they are getting better and better. I never though I would switch but, I did, and I like it. 

Ya loh, in Singapore market, manual cars might 'disappear' in the near future. So sad :(

Worldwide market manual cars should not 'disappear' soon bah. I think still got demand. Just came back from Bangkok on business trip, still so many Manual Toyota Altis taxis, latest model some-more, on the road. And as usual, they are skillful drivers, compare to ,,, our S'pore Taxi Drivers .. all drive Auto and yet blur like sotong 

• Praise 1

My first ride was a Nissan march, then Toyota vios and now hyundai accent. All manual transmission. Frankly speaking, nothing beats being manual transmission unless you are stuck in a jam on a steep slope. Haha. XDXD

(edited)

You guys can until got dragon got phoenix.

How many of you drive regularly for the sake of driving?

Me lah. Till my wife said, petrol free one ah. I said 16km/l, okay lah for Korean car. Kekeke.

I can reach my town centre in 7 minutes of walking but I chose to drive. Haha..

Edited by Ivan_06

Me lah. Till my wife said, petrol free one ah. I said 16km/l, okay lah for Korean car. Kekeke.

I can reach my town centre in 7 minutes of walking but I chose to drive. Haha..

That don't count.

What i meant is drive around aimlessly enjoying the drive.

That don't count.

I do that. But just too bad no longer driving manual.

Most of the time I drive around aimlessly middle of the night when lesser drivers on the road, so easier and smoother to enjoy.

• Praise 1

That don't count.

Err ,, so far I had not seen ppl in S'pore drive around aimlessly for fun. I don't think normal ppl will just go drive ard aimlessly for fun bah, unless just got their new ride and drive for run-in purpose.

Most ppl drive for a reason. E.g, drive to fetch family members, drive to-from work, drive point to point to buy things, etc, etc.. Then ,, while doing such, running such errands, enjoying the ride base on preference. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Err ,, so far I had not seen ppl in S'pore drive around aimlessly for fun. I don't think normal ppl will just go drive ard aimlessly for fun bah, unless just got their new ride and drive for run-in purpose.

Most ppl drive for a reason. E.g, drive to fetch family members, drive to-from work, drive point to point to buy things, etc, etc.. Then ,, while doing such, running such errands, enjoying the ride base on preference. 

I used to drive aimlessly around for fun.  That's the only time to enjoy driving.

If not, might as well buy AT.

What's the enjoyment of driving MT to fetch family members, drive to work and blah blah blah?

Just you and the car

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1

I used to drive aimlessly around for fun.  That's the only time to enjoy driving.

What's the enjoyment of driving MT to fetch family members, drive to work and blah blah blah?

Just you and the car

Haha ,, car use for necessities have to come 1st la. Family and work. While doing such, I still prefer driving manuals over autos .. Anyway, to each his own. To u, manual cars should be driven for "driving ard aimlessly for fun", ok sure, up to u .. :)

Just you and the car

So, if we don't drive aimlessly, means we are not petrolheads or do not really love to drive a manual car, or cannot talk about driving manual cars because we do not drive around aimlessly, which is not up to your standard?

• Praise 3

(edited)

Sometimes during weekend I will take the car out at around 6am. Alone, windows partially down, aircon off.

Stretching through the gears in the cool air (shiok for both car and driver) especially the 2nd gear.

Edited by Phluvcat
  • Praise 1

That don't count.

Last time when I was at pri sch age, my dad would often jio my mom "let's go for a drive" usually at night after dinner. Sometimes will bring back ice cream, supper etc. Don't see this anymore. I guess not so feasible anymore nowadays due to petrol cost.

So, if we don't drive aimlessly, means we are not petrolheads or do not really love to drive a manual car, or cannot talk about driving manual cars because we do not drive around aimlessly, which is not up to your standard?

Driving MT is a intimate relationship btw driver and car. It is the all about the drive.

If don't find time to enjoy those moments, what's the point of getting MT?

Since I drive AT, does it mean that I am NOT petrolhead?

Last time when I was at pri sch age, my dad would often jio my mom "let's go for a drive" usually at night after dinner. Sometimes will bring back ice cream, supper etc. Don't see this anymore. I guess not so feasible anymore nowadays due to petrol cost.

When I drove MRS, I always jio my wife to go for "topless" drive.

Driving MT is a intimate relationship btw driver and car. It is the all about the drive.

If don't find time to enjoy those moments, what's the point of getting MT?

Since I drive AT, does it mean that I am NOT petrolhead?

Dude, your words in all the replies to you "That don't count, only driving aimlessly"

Is like its not your standard so not considered like driving manual

Supersonic

When I drove MRS, I always jio my wife to go for "topless" drive.

must specify correctly whats "topless" :XD:
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1