• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
138 replies to this topic | 111 praises

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Folks,
Just wondering, can I go and get my inspection done on my car, ie, 3 yrs, and is needed for road tax renewal WITHOUT the notice? I have not received the notice, and could be with the prev owner. Anybody got any info on this?
Thanks

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Folks,
Just wondering, can I go and get my inspection done on my car, ie, 3 yrs, and is needed for road tax renewal WITHOUT the notice? I have not received the notice, and could be with the prev owner. Anybody got any info on this?
Thanks

I don't think there is any problem as long as it is done. I nvr bring the notice to inspection centre. Moreover, i always drive to Changi North. No private car over there.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I don't think there is any problem as long as it is done. I nvr bring the notice to inspection centre. Moreover, i always drive to Changi North. No private car over there.

tks pal...and btwn you and me....bloody waste of $$$ and time hor...not like our cars are bone shakers laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

Crazecow
  • Crazecow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

You don't need inspection notice. Just tell them your vehicle number will do. Then after inspection, you can pay road tax on the spot. If never bring road tax disc, just pay first and they will mail it to you.

I always to for inspection w/o brining anything one cause I always forget or no idea where I left the papers.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:58 AM

Crazecow
  • Crazecow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Is your house near there? It sounds damm far to me..... Sin Ming is alot near to me so I usually go there. But its usually crowded one...... so have to queue...

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:41 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Is your house near there? It sounds damm far to me..... Sin Ming is alot near to me so I usually go there. But its usually crowded one...... so have to queue...

I normally go to the one at AMK Ave 6.....there chop chop fast one

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

Crazecow
  • Crazecow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

OIC. OK thanks will take note. Cause I usually go Vicom at Sin ming.... Crowded.... Sianz have to queue.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

Sleepy-T
  • Sleepy-T
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

kns ask ur ws to bring it in for u lah.
people see ur car siam far far away from u tongue.gif
己所不欲 勿施于人

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:15 AM

Pltang
  • Pltang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

bukit batok vicom.... bo lang laugh.gif
Mitsubishi Colt sold at mileage: 110467

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

any recommendations which inspection centre is faster, less crowd,and more lenient and easy going

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:55 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

no diff, all the same
now got LTA people at all place watching

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:52 AM

Chrispie
  • Premium member
    Chrispie
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

any recommendations which inspection centre is faster, less crowd,and more lenient and easy going

lenient and easy going one probably wont be less crowded.

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

anyone went recently, can recommend where to go ? also, if fail, 2nd time is free or need to pay ?

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

GemLeo
  • GemLeo
    4th Gear
    Author Image

how about Vicom.. i went to loyang one and still chop chop

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I went to STA at Ayer Rajah Crescent (near my workplace), & Vicom at Ubi.

No difference lah. But so far, never manage to pass at first inspection. 1st car lights cannot pass, the pay 500 for a new pair, & then sold the car just a few months later....

2nd time, alignment out, but its quick fix (pay 50 bucks for alignment) & pass inspection again on the same day.

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:53 PM

Ordix
  • Premium member
    Ordix
    4th Gear
    Author Image

actually i tink depends on the time u go...
i rem first 2 times i went bout 10am bo lang one...
recently i went at bout 11.40am all the taxi n saloon in queue...
but ok la
jus queue bout 10mins. not too bad
i went sin ming one

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

how do they test for alignment / side slip ??

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:37 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Folks,
Thanks

dude you really or not?

you can go inspection everyday, just pay for it.
dont need document lah.
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:20 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks. all...did inspection today and was a breeze...Sin Ming veli free

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks. all...did inspection today and was a breeze...Sin Ming veli free

STA right? I always prefer STA - they seem less "ngeow" than VICOM sometimes.
This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users