LTA Vehicle Inspection

RadX

This inspection is also to deter ppl from modding their car. If after ten years then got inspection, lots of 1.6L cars will be 2.0L engine. Then it's cheating on road tax + raiding gov reserves.

true but i thought we are very good with spot checks on illegal modifications. many remove them for inspection and yet are also caught hahha

Twincharged

true but i thought we are very good with spot checks on illegal modifications. many remove them for inspection and yet are also caught hahha

Without inspection, more will mod illegally since no need to remove till the day you get caught ma. For now, only those who really determined to do illegal mods will do it and then remove everytime they need to go for inspection.

Sin Ming STA - all of my cars went there.

How did you know you passed the headlight part? I only received the cert saying my car passed the inspection. I only noticed headlight fail when i was watching them do the inspection and saw that it shows failed on the screen. No hardcopy given to me telling me what I passed and failed.

How did you know you passed the headlight part? I only received the cert saying my car passed the inspection. I only noticed headlight fail when i was watching them do the inspection and saw that it shows failed on the screen. No hardcopy given to me telling me what I passed and failed.

I followed alongside my cars all the way. Never displayed out red or failed on the big-ass monitors before - that's how I knew.

Twincharged

I followed alongside my cars all the way. Never displayed out red or failed on the big-ass monitors before - that's how I knew.

Weird. Maybe that day the machine not working. Everyone showed failed. Anyway, doesn't seem to matter since all seemed to have got their inspection cert. Lol.

• Praise 1

Weird. Maybe that day the machine not working. Everyone showed failed. Anyway, doesn't seem to matter since all seemed to have got their inspection cert. Lol.

Precisely! :D

For instance, any car registered between 1st January 2001 and 31st March 2014 currently cannot have more than 3.5 percent of carbon monoxide in its emission. This cap will be lowered to one percent from April next year. On top of that, the emission cannot contain more than 300 parts per million (ppm) of hydrocarbons, a byproduct of imperfect combustion.

For cars registered from 1st April 2014, the standards are even higher - a carbon monoxide composition of no more than 0.3 percent, and a hydrocarbon make-up of no more than 200ppm at an engine speed of 2,000rpm.

Motorcycles registered between 1st July 2003 and 30th September 2014 will also have to meet a hydrocarbons cap - 7,800ppm and 2,000ppm for two-stroke and four-stroke models, respectively. The hydrocarbons cap for those registered from 1st October 2014 will be even lower at 1,000ppm. On top of that, these newer models cannot have more than three percent of carbon monoxide in their exhaust gases, down from 4.5 percent now.

All the de-cat cars jialat

My 1989 oldtimer safe

Edited by Mockngbrd

Twincharged

STA has upped their inspection fees due to this extra emissions testing of idling and high idle and what never bull crap.

I remember my 1981 Mercedes Benz 380 SEL,the Factory's Spec is between 1-2% CO,so 3.5% CO still is very high,for the 1987 M-102,103 Engines is 1%+/-0.5% CO...

Twincharged

I remember my 1981 Mercedes Benz 380 SEL,the Factory's Spec is between 1-2% CO,so 3.5% CO still is very high,for the 1987 M-102,103 Engines is 1%+/-0.5% CO...

Had a classic plate w123. CO was within 1-2% for a 37year old car. So if tuned and maintained. Can easily pass

Had a classic plate w123. CO was within 1-2% for a 37year old car. So if tuned and maintained. Can easily pass

Wow w123 , a nice classic armour tank.

STA has upped their inspection fees due to this extra emissions testing of idling and high idle and what never bull crap.

The problem is the potentially long queue due to the longer duration of test. Edited by Ct3833

Government is tightening all the emissions of cars but what happen to all the bikes especially those with small two strokes engine? They are doing nothing about it because they would probably unable to tax much out of bikes?

Edited by Ct3833

Ppl sour grape about MY bike

your bike cant be two stroke small honda cub. But if yes, then sour grapes for sure. Haha.

Government is tightening all the emissions of cars but what happen to all the bikes especially those with small two strokes engine? They are doing nothing about it because they would probably unable to tax much out of bikes?

I rode a 2 Strokes Motocycle before,most important is use a good 100% Syn 2T Oil[those $18 & above],adjust it correctly,it will emit very little smoke....Those "Smoking" type is usually those who used cheap 2T...

Does piggyback tuning boxes or stage 1/2 ECU remaps affect emissions testing at the inspection centres?

How about RON rating? Will 98 result in worse emission readings compared to 95 or vice versa?

Assuming a turbo car, stock except for the remap and running on 98. I wonder if it will pass.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1