Mother blames school for "mistake" of timing of O Levels D&T

Wubb

From Wanbao. Mother blames school for "mistake" of timing of O Levels DNT paper.

The time schedule clearly wrote 0800 but the student read it as 0300 and thought it was afternoon 3pm.

He only realised the mistake when the school called them at 750am to ask why haven't leach school, the mother drove him down and by then it was already 820am.

The boy could only finish 70% of the paper and left the hall in tears and claims that his A1 flew away.

Mother claimed that the time schedule never print clear enough, wants the school to take full responsibility.

Principal replied back and say there was no way it could be 0300 as that would be 3am. No exams would be held during 3am and if its 3pm, it will be shown as 1500

so you all think it is whose fault?? Me certainly think its the boy's fault and it seems like the mother is damn kp type. :angry:

↡ Advertisement

From Wanbao. Mother blames school for "mistake" of timing of O Levels DNT paper.

The time schedule clearly wrote 0800 but the student read it as 0300 and thought it was afternoon 3pm.

He only realised the mistake when the school called them at 750am to ask why haven't leach school, the mother drove him down and by then it was already 820am.

The boy could only finish 70% of the paper and left the hall in tears and claims that his A1 flew away.

Mother claimed that the time schedule never print clear enough, wants the school to take full responsibility.

Principal replied back and say there was no way it could be 0300 as that would be 3am. No exams would be held during 3am and if its 3pm, it will be shown as 1500

so you all think it is whose fault?? Me certainly think its the boy's fault and it seems like the mother is damn kp type. :angry:

of course it's BOY'S fault lah.

others can read the timing correctly; they cannot <_<

...taichi auntie

Edited by Lamzh87

This one quite simple...

1. How many sit the exam?

2. How many made the same mistake?

3. How logical is it to have exam at 0300?

4. How hard is it for boy to check with school, MOE website, friend, teacher?

Mummy just looking for excuse

FYI - I remember my (equivalent) O level exam - for 4 out of five papers I finished with more than 30 minutes to spare (3 hour paper)

This one quite simple...

1. How many sit the exam?

2. How many made the same mistake?

3. How logical is it to have exam at 0300?

4. How hard is it for boy to check with school, MOE website, friend, teacher?

Mummy just looking for excuse

FYI - I remember my (equivalent) O level exam - for 4 out of five papers I finished with more than 30 minutes to spare (3 hour paper)

because you couldnt get As? likke this auntie's son? [laugh]

The boy should have called up to clarify or at least ask someone taking the same paper about the timing if he wasn't sure.

such is the strawberry gen lor.....dumbfark..

anyway this kid will grow up and be a complainer...we look forward to seeing him at HL park

The boy should have called up to clarify or at least ask someone taking the same paper about the timing if he wasn't sure.

the problem is he was sure it is at 3pm.. so why will he call and clarify....lol

Rubbish. If the kid doesn't know military time by now (that 0300 is unequivocally 3am), he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. And he'd better learn fast before NS, or more delights are sure to come his way.

And the mother is just a parent-in-denial.

Just over an hour is plenty of time to complete most technical (Math/Physics) O- and A-level papers (and get A1/A scores). "S"-papers need just a little more time. Olympiads are the killers.

What's "DNT" anyway? (Not "Don't 'Now Time", right? [laugh])

Edited by Turboflat4

because you couldnt get As? likke this auntie's son? [laugh]

Heh...our paper arranged differently, but out of five papers (typical course load) I got 2 A and 3 B - I was top of my school (no big deal as that was only about 30 pax) but also was above the 80th percentile of the country....so ok I guess. Especially considering I did not study at all. Go school, listen teacher, eat lunch go home and that is all....

Aiyoh, the boy super double blur baka sotong king. You mean that all of the study, talking to friends, talking to teacher, getting redy he couldn't work out what time is exam.

I think next time I should talk to him about a bridge that I want to sell

Blame the child. Seriously. Like TS said, no such thing as O level 3 am in the morning. How can 0300 = 3pm? 3pm = 1500. I think he can forget about his maths O level if he hasnt taken it. Basic maths. Hard lesson learnt for him though.

Heh...our paper arranged differently, but out of five papers (typical course load) I got 2 A and 3 B - I was top of my school (no big deal as that was only about 30 pax) but also was above the 80th percentile of the country....so ok I guess. Especially considering I did not study at all. Go school, listen teacher, eat lunch go home and that is all....

how come O level equivalent only take 5 subjects? new zealand education system not as kiasu as sinkapore?

this is a nanny state, mom take care of every aspect of the boy's life, including when he eat and go for exam, the boy's job is to study and NOTHING else!

hence we have this problem, the protective moms and the DEPENDENT kids.....