Anyone bot landed property in Penang for retirement/invest?

Drive

Hi

Am a noob in ppty, only got 1 ppty....HDB.

Anyway, thinking of getting one landed at Penang to retire cos wife nag nag [sleeping] about life here and wanted to retire in a lesser pace with her siblings and relatives there.

Anyone bot landed in Penang? Went there a few times over past few years and it seems there's some appreciation. But am a noob in ppty so all views welcome.

↡ Advertisement

Hi

Anyway, thinking of getting one landed at Penang to retire cos wife nag nag [sleeping] about life here and wanted to retire in a lesser pace with her siblings and relatives there.

Anyone bot landed in Penang? Went there a few times over past few years and it seems there's some appreciation. But am a noob in ppty so all views welcome.

From what I know if you own a HDB now, you cant buy a foreign property unless you sell your HDB within 6 month of your foreign acquisition. Likewise if you are a foreigner you cant buy HDB unless u undertake to sell your foreign property within 6 months.

Penang is good but expensive, i think single storey terrace around 500k-700k++. If you plan to take loan end up paying 1 million ringgit+. If you want can consider Kedah, my sister bought a semi-D around 200k. Went up a bit since then. When bored can go Thailand which is nearby or Penang which is 2 hrs away.

From what I know if you own a HDB now, you cant buy a foreign property unless you sell your HDB within 6 month of your foreign acquisition. Likewise if you are a foreigner you cant buy HDB unless u undertake to sell your foreign property within 6 months.

Penang is good but expensive, i think single storey terrace around 500k-700k++. If you plan to take loan end up paying 1 million ringgit+. If you want can consider Kedah, my sister bought a semi-D around 200k. Went up a bit since then. When bored can go Thailand which is nearby or Penang which is 2 hrs away.

if i remember correctly can...

own HDB liaoz can by foreign property and private

but private and foreigner property owner have to sell their property within 6 mths of buying hdb...

Hi

why penang? abit far... try somewhere nearer... then at least can come back sg more often...

like my in-laws is in pahang... every year drive like siao

Hi,

"Investment return for commercial property is better than residential?" please advice.

if so,

please recommend a 3 level shophouse within nusajaya? all suggestion & critics are welcome. Thank you.

why penang? abit far... try somewhere nearer... then at least can come back sg more often...

like my in-laws is in pahang... every year drive like siao

Penang less than 1 day driving distance, should be alright. Don't drive QQ to Pahang (traffic jams behind you)

Hi,

"Investment return for commercial property is better than residential?" please advice.

if so,

please recommend a 3 level shophouse within nusajaya? all suggestion & critics are welcome. Thank you.

The flip-flop policy changes in the past still fresh in mind. Malaysia properties... think again. Retirement not for regretting. Investment not for charity.

Neutral Newbie

You may get in touch with an online real estate agent as he may make you aware of all the investment options available with you regarding the buying and selling of property. A real estate agent will also help you in the dealing and even help you in carrying out the legal proceedings.

Before the blind leads the blind any further, allow me to state what is correct.

1. If you own a HDB, you are free to buy private residential as long as you have fulfilled your MOP. (You do not need to sell off your HDB after MOP to buy private)

2. if you own a HDB and yet to fulfill MOP, you cannot buy any private legally.

3. For private home owners, if you buy a HDB; you have 6 months to sell off your private after your HDB purchase.

↡ Advertisement