JB bikers

Carpinion

The JB bikers are the most irritating and dangerous moving thing on the roads (Taxis are just marginally better [rolleyes] ).

If you have ever been to the more industrial area of the island eg, Tuas, Jurong, Woodlands where there is a large congregation of JB semi-skilled workers, you will notice this phenomenon with the JB bikers:

1) They have no lane discipline and ride all over the road

2) Those that like to travel in the center of the lane (which is a good thing) will usually hog the lane (even 1st lane!). But don't expect them to keep to the center of the lane all the time because once they hit slower traffic, they will start weaving in and out of the lanes.

3) Those that like to travel in between lanes are no angels as well. It's either their skill or the lack of discipline, they tend to drift left and right slightly making it a big risk to take if you want to overtake them in case you overtake them while they are drifting.

4) When you are the 1st car at the traffic light, all of them will some how squeeze all the way to the front of your car..if all the space taken up, the rest of the JB bikers will squeeze into the space between you and the cars beside you. They will pack so tightly, other than starting to worry about them accidentally scratching your car, your front parking sensor will beep incessantly because they are so freaking close! [dead]

5) Squeezing in front at traffic light is one thing, when the traffic light turns green, that is when all hell breaks loose.....the bikers in front will take some time to move off because they are packed to closely....the bikers on the side will try to squeeze into the gap left behind by the front bikers moving off.... and you dun dare to move off till the coast is really clear because you dun know which of them will have their bikes stall in front of you because all of their bikes are so poorly maintained! [sweatdrop]

6) These JB bikes are so typical.... low cc motorcycle, poorly maintained, worn out ultra thin tyres/wheels (I think my mountain bike's tyres are wider -_- )...most of the time pillion another fellow JBian worker.....

I got a hair rising encounter to highlight:

- when stopping in a turn right/go straight lane.. this bugger came to a stop on my right side and in between me and the right turn only lane. My right turn signal was on. When the light turn green, I started moving slowly forward-right to wait for oncoming traffic to clear before the right turn...guess what happen? this bugger actually tried to accelerate and swerve into my lane to go straight! Lucky I brake in time.... [mad]

Instead of playing spy cam in bushes or overhead bridges, why can't our TP spend their time managing this JB bikers, speeding and reckless vans/lorries, lorries ferrying FT in ways that our highly paid MPs wouldn't transport their own relatives in.

[:|]

↡ Advertisement

The JB bikers are the most irritating and dangerous moving thing on the roads (Taxis are just marginally better [rolleyes] ).

If you have ever been to the more industrial area of the island eg, Tuas, Jurong, Woodlands where there is a large congregation of JB semi-skilled workers, you will notice this phenomenon with the JB bikers:

1) They have no lane discipline and ride all over the road

2) Those that like to travel in the center of the lane (which is a good thing) will usually hog the lane (even 1st lane!). But don't expect them to keep to the center of the lane all the time because once they hit slower traffic, they will start weaving in and out of the lanes.

3) Those that like to travel in between lanes are no angels as well. It's either their skill or the lack of discipline, they tend to drift left and right slightly making it a big risk to take if you want to overtake them in case you overtake them while they are drifting.

4) When you are the 1st car at the traffic light, all of them will some how squeeze all the way to the front of your car..if all the space taken up, the rest of the JB bikers will squeeze into the space between you and the cars beside you. They will pack so tightly, other than starting to worry about them accidentally scratching your car, your front parking sensor will beep incessantly because they are so freaking close! [dead]

5) Squeezing in front at traffic light is one thing, when the traffic light turns green, that is when all hell breaks loose.....the bikers in front will take some time to move off because they are packed to closely....the bikers on the side will try to squeeze into the gap left behind by the front bikers moving off.... and you dun dare to move off till the coast is really clear because you dun know which of them will have their bikes stall in front of you because all of their bikes are so poorly maintained! [sweatdrop]

6) These JB bikes are so typical.... low cc motorcycle, poorly maintained, worn out ultra thin tyres/wheels (I think my mountain bike's tyres are wider -_- )...most of the time pillion another fellow JBian worker.....

I got a hair rising encounter to highlight:

- when stopping in a turn right/go straight lane.. this bugger came to a stop on my right side and in between me and the right turn only lane. My right turn signal was on. When the light turn green, I started moving slowly forward-right to wait for oncoming traffic to clear before the right turn...guess what happen? this bugger actually tried to accelerate and swerve into my lane to go straight! Lucky I brake in time.... [mad]

Instead of playing spy cam in bushes or overhead bridges, why can't our TP spend their time managing this JB bikers, speeding and reckless vans/lorries, lorries ferrying FT in ways that our highly paid MPs wouldn't transport their own relatives in.

[:|]

Err..... bro, point 1 to point 5 SG bikes also sama-sama leh....

I personally think no matter whether they are JB bikers or sg bikers, all are irritating and dangerous lah. Also dun assume those pple riding a sg plate bike is s'porean, cos most of them r also from JB! [rolleyes]

acherlee they more automatic then singaporean riders. [laugh]

that is only true in terms of them more willing to siam you when you eat into their lane without giving you the middle finger :D :D

you don't want to really depend on their "automatic siam" for both your sake! [:)]

i do agree with TS. i witnessed a near accident with a motorbike, but the fault however..lies with the SG car trying to obertake the motorbike on lane 2. Cut cut and see la, no space so from my angle(behind the car n motorbike), the overtake look pretty abrupt and tight. i only scared those motorbike who dont keep to their lanes as in the centre. Cos u nvr knw if they gg to switch lane or if u accidentally touch them, then how? thats y i scared of motorbike...

i do agree with TS. i witnessed a near accident with a motorbike, but the fault however..lies with the SG car trying to obertake the motorbike on lane 2. Cut cut and see la, no space so from my angle(behind the car n motorbike), the overtake look pretty abrupt and tight. i only scared those motorbike who dont keep to their lanes as in the centre. Cos u nvr knw if they gg to switch lane or if u accidentally touch them, then how? thats y i scared of motorbike...

sometimes i wonder shud i spit on them or pity them if they ever die on the road - cos most fatal accidents are caused by them. if you notice, they will occupy the right lanes the moment they step into sillypore soils. but they will 'guai guai' back on the left lanes when they get back to their homeland!!!

worst, even if you had signalled & they are far behind, they will still speed up to block you from entering into their lanes - think that they are superman!

i witnessed 1 incident when this jb bikers overtaking a car in its right when the car was in the extrem right lane! Y'know, there are plants/shrubs protuding from the road divider and it smacked onto that biker to fall. the car behind jam brake & pushed bike & rider for another 12m. it was damn lucky that the rider excaped his own death!

why c--t these riders cherish their lives more, or think for their loved ones since they come all-the-way here to make $

sigh!

Twincharged
(edited)

yesterday parked at tampines central mcsp.

as i was leaving, i told my wife to wait for me at the ground level cp exit.

so when i got down there, i stopped and the picked her and my baby up and then loaded the pram into the boot.

as i was getting in my car, i noticed a JB biker behind my car.

at first, i though i was blocking his way so i quickly got in, belted up and then drove off immediately.

however, he continued to follow me even though the road could fit 2 cars !

i only realized his true intention when i was at the gantry ... as i exited the gantry, he followed very closely and exited just before the arm came down just to avoid paying the parking fee !!

i read about this before but this time i really saw it in action !!

Edited by Ysc3

Yesterday driving in nshw. Saw bunch of malaysian bikers gang. Ok not bad not creating much nuisance

HOWEVER theres another small group of bikers travelling 140-160 in their small bikes, USING SUPERMAN STANCE. So his leg behind like flying and overtake me from left. I thought i seeing things, see superman lol

Like this but at 140-160kmh. Siao liao

https://youtu.be/31_W-5YZWqs

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Yesterday driving in nshw. Saw bunch of malaysian bikers gang. Ok not bad not creating much nuisance

HOWEVER theres another small group of bikers travelling 140-160 in their small bikes, USING SUPERMAN STANCE. So his leg behind like flying and overtake me from left. I thought i seeing things, see superman lol

Like this but at 140-160kmh. Siao liao

https://youtu.be/31_W-5YZWqs

save fuel, cut down on aerodynamic drag.

but amount saved won't compensate for any crash.. :=B:

• Praise 1

sometimes i wonder shud i spit on them or pity them if they ever die on the road - cos most fatal accidents are caused by them. if you notice, they will occupy the right lanes the moment they step into sillypore soils. but they will 'guai guai' back on the left lanes when they get back to their homeland!!!

worst, even if you had signalled & they are far behind, they will still speed up to block you from entering into their lanes - think that they are superman!

i witnessed 1 incident when this jb bikers overtaking a car in its right when the car was in the extrem right lane! Y'know, there are plants/shrubs protuding from the road divider and it smacked onto that biker to fall. the car behind jam brake & pushed bike & rider for another 12m. it was damn lucky that the rider excaped his own death!

why c--t these riders cherish their lives more, or think for their loved ones since they come all-the-way here to make $

sigh!

Bro

Relax.. if seriously one of these bikers should die, i.e. be it from us drivers' carelessness or from their own stupidity, I still think it would not be nice for us to spit on them lah...after all, they would have already paid the ultimate price.. aiya, they also got families...so we should try to feel for them la...Maybe difficult sometimes but the least we could do is try la.

Anyway, we can only try our best to be careful and to watch all our blindspots before we try any "stunt" to chiong or switch lane last minute.  I just try to keep watch on my rear view mirror to watch if any of them are coming from behind and will signal early if I need to filter, hoping they will see my intentions early and realize that should my car "kiss" their bikes, there's only ever gonna be one winner.

Wishing u and all bros here safe and enjoyable driving in Singapore or even when we go into M'sia.

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2