Renault Fluence 1.6, 1k more than Toyota Altis

Help1

this i gotta agree.. [laugh]

which renault you drove before huh bro?

the sales team in renault is ok.. but not the service centre. seems like its the same for VW too [cool]

i owned a megane for 4.5 years and was a faithful member of rcc. it is a really crazy forum with many renault owners, but now almost none drive renault liao. frankly, renault is way over-rated.

actually, renault in singapore is really going down the hill, look at the numbers on the road, if any. they used to be the most common conti car in singapore, but after wearnes buy over exclusiv, they dont seem to be interested at all.

Edited by Vextan
↡ Advertisement

i owned a megane for 4.5 years and was a faithful member of rcc. it is a really crazy forum with many renault owners, but now almost none drive renault liao. frankly, renault is way over-rated.

actually, renault in singapore is really going down the hill, look at the numbers on the road, if any. they used to be the most common conti car in singapore, but after wearnes buy over exclusiv, they dont seem to be interested at all.

same. my renault visited the service centre so much till i sold it after 8 months. recurring problems that couldn't be resolved.

was interested in the design of the laguna coupe after that but i kept reminding myself of the nightmares faced.. lol [cool]

one thing the service consultant loves to say after an issue cannot be resolved... "it's the design of the car" <_<

$1K difference sure or not?

My colleague and i are still driving meganes. His is a sedan while mine's a convertible. 3 years now and so far no major problem *touch wood*

I think normally people wont buy back the same brand. I dont and I certainly hope to try out other conti brands (less japanese though).

Omg....altis...that's like buying a giordano :P

Next year, 1000 units of Renault Latitude will flood Singapore roads as taxi replacing Toyota Clowns for Trans Cab fleet.

They are using Renault as taxi?! [shocked]

$1K difference sure or not?

My colleague and i are still driving meganes. His is a sedan while mine's a convertible. 3 years now and so far no major problem *touch wood*

I think normally people wont buy back the same brand. I dont and I certainly hope to try out other conti brands (less japanese though).

Omg....altis...that's like buying a giordano :P

of cos when the car is new, they dont break down often. but as you know the repair cost is relatively high. and after 60k km you have to change the belt and water pump, it is not cheap if you compare to jap cars. like mine, some of our renaults began to fail after 4 years old, almost everything that can possibly fail, failed. including unusual things like igition system, ecu, key chamber (the thing where you insert the key and turn, cost 1k and had to import), wheel bearing (common issue, replace donno how many times [laugh] ), aircon and cooling system .... it certainly couldnt last the times.

Edited by Vextan

of cos when the car is new, they dont break down often. but as you know the repair cost is relatively high. and after 60k km you have to change the belt and water pump, it is not cheap if you compare to jap cars. like mine, some of our renaults began to fail after 4 years old, almost everything that can possibly fail, failed. including unusual things like igition system, ecu, key chamber (the thing where you insert the key and turn, cost 1k and had to import), wheel bearing (common issue, replace donno how many times [laugh] ), aircon and cooling system .... it certainly couldnt last the times.

Wheel bearing and coolant pump are common auto problems i think. They have a certain life span and need to be changed regularly. I had to change them for my old mazda too. That's why it is best to buy a cheaper car and spend the savings on repairs/maintenance.

Wheel bearing and coolant pump are common auto problems i think. They have a certain life span and need to be changed regularly. I had to change them for my old mazda too. That's why it is best to buy a cheaper car and spend the savings on repairs/maintenance.

agree. Wheel bearings problem happen in a lot of Japenis cars too. Some even need to change every 6 months.

But having said that, the materials (e.g. rubber seals, hose, dip stick, pastic) used in Japenis made Japenis brand car is generally better than R.

Edited by Kangadrool

Nope. I still prefer Toyota. Parts easier to get. Repair cost is lower etc..... Conti brands always expensive.....

And NO Renault for me after what I have seen what happened to Kangoo..... Bloody unreliable vehicle.

Edited by Crazecow

There is a guy in my estate who is onto his 2nd megane, as far as i know.

When I drive off in the mornings, I will often see him with his bonnet up doing all sorts of checks on the engine oil etc before he will start his engine to move off. With his newer megane, I think he doesn't do it any more.

the megane eo dipstick is painfully located at the bottom. Maybe he gave up liao. Anyway, there is a onboard computer that check megane's eo level whenever you start the engine.

Neutral Newbie

look like 2 camps. I am thinking of buying it but is wondering with the mixed comments [gossip] .

can help in providing some ans - [angel]

for those for it

- your past experience with R (new cars less than 3 years old) and do you have problem selling it off?

- older cars (> 3 years old) what are the common faults, which cost most?

[wave] thank you

same. my renault visited the service centre so much till i sold it after 8 months. recurring problems that couldn't be resolved.

was interested in the design of the laguna coupe after that but i kept reminding myself of the nightmares faced.. lol [cool]

one thing the service consultant loves to say after an issue cannot be resolved... "it's the design of the car" <_<

ur renault??? just pass P plate so fast get renault and sell and get rocc? hmmmm.... interesting

Neutral Newbie

Of course not worth it, it is afterall a made in Korea car which sell parallel to Hyundai Avante, KIA Cerato Forte and Chevy Cruze in Korea. Base on this, the selling prices should be at Hyundai, KIA and Chevy prices ranges, not at Toyota's or Honda's. Morever, Fluence is the only Renault not to come with cruise control.

I got to know a few of Renault owners and they all tell me the same thing, once you sent in your Renault into their workshop, that's the end of your enjoyment being a Renault owner. You sent in your Renault to repair 1 fault and when you collect your cars, 2 other fault lights will light up 2 or 3 days later after you collect the cars from Renault workshop. The worst thing, you cannot send your Renault to outside cheaper workshop during the warranty period as they are very strict on the warranty claim issue.

↡ Advertisement