Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:25 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

Hi, Anyone with comments to share on this model for offroad driving?
I am musing to go into offroad driving holidays

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:43 AM

Saroja117
  • Saroja117
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Believe me it going to be fun.... Daihatsu Teruios is just 1.5 with just 105bhp so it kind of not enough, but ok I have seen people bringing Daihatsu for off roading. Have fun! Just need to watch out since its just 1.5 Cheers!
"Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions"

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:51 AM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Google for Top Gear's segment on the Daihatsu Terios

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Terios 4 wheel drive is only for soft core off road.

It does not come with transfer case for hard core off road.

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

SeriousGuy
  • SeriousGuy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi, Anyone with comments to share on this model for offroad driving?
I am musing to go into offroad driving holidays

as long as you have equipped with off road tires , thats it , you are ready !
Your source for Automotive News

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:42 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

Believe me it going to be fun.... Daihatsu Teruios is just 1.5 with just 105bhp so it kind of not enough, but ok I have seen people bringing Daihatsu for off roading. Have fun! Just need to watch out since its just 1.5 Cheers!

Can share with us what to watch out when sight-seeing offroad driving?
Many thanks

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

Can share with us why need transfer case?
Many thanks

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

Can share with us why need transfer case? Can elaborate soft core off road=?
Many thanks

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:49 AM

Meganut
  • Meganut
    4th Gear
    Author Image

good morning bro... :)

wow, that sounds fun, hope you can get what you want... do keep us update with your new ride :)

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

as long as you have equipped with off road tires , thats it , you are ready !

Does the car comes with off rd tires? unsure.gif Since this car is 4X4 drive, i wld think it shld be able to handle off rd driving?! rolleyes.gif
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:31 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

Can share with us what model you drive?

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

Can share with us which model you drive?

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

good morning bro... :)

wow, that sounds fun, hope you can get what you want... do keep us update with your new ride :)

In danger of off-road driving addiction now. We were a little lost on Deepavali, driving to Mt Ophir. Met a convoy of locals, so decided to follow them. They led us through neglected damaged/worn road withh a little off-road driving. Good ground clearance very useful

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

SeriousGuy
  • SeriousGuy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Does the car comes with off rd tires? unsure.gif Since this car is 4X4 drive, i wld think it shld be able to handle off rd driving?! rolleyes.gif

I am not sure if terios can handle off roading well , i bet it is better then a CR-V , my CR-V has no power to do off roading , really , kinda disapointing .

as for off road tires , i think it doesn't come with it , you need to buy .
Your source for Automotive News

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:30 PM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

I am not sure if terios can handle off roading well , i bet it is better then a CR-V , my CR-V has no power to do off roading , really , kinda disapointing .

as for off road tires , i think it doesn't come with it , you need to buy .

I believe CR-V much heavier than Terios 4X4
Terios 4X4 catalogue stated minimum road clearance: 200 (mm) with 235/60R16 tire (urban type), kerb weight: 1170kg
I had seen some Landrovers with electric winch (I do not think Terios suitable for that)
No idea where to fix snorkel if needed, too

Edited by Good-Carbuyer, 18 November 2010 - 09:37 PM.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

Owner-driver
  • Owner-driver
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Just visited the showroom and collected a catalogue. 132Km/H with max torque at 4400rpm? Many others travelling at 150Km/H along NSH (I would be like road hogging with 132Km/H). [lipsrsealed] How? [confused]

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just visited the showroom and collected a catalogue. 132Km/H with max torque at 4400rpm? Many others travelling at 150Km/H along NSH (I would be like road hogging with 132Km/H). [lipsrsealed] How? [confused]

Sounds like its really has low gearing, perhaps to get better move off considering the hp/nm pulling that > 1.2 tons of Kerweight spread over 4WD.

Jamesc, 2BDriver, Ronleo, FourZero and TJX praised this
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:58 AM

Owner-driver
  • Owner-driver
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sounds like its really has low gearing, perhaps to get better move off considering the hp/nm pulling that > 1.2 tons of Kerweight spread over 4WD.

Its good idea to do off-road with low gearing. Crossovers like this one got no provision for installing electric winch or double wheel. [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Owner-driver, 20 September 2014 - 04:59 AM.

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:35 AM

Owner-driver
  • Owner-driver
    5th Gear
    Author Image

How to watch out? [confused]  Stare at the engine each time before driving off? [confused]

What cases to transfer for hardcore off road? [confused]

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Some earlier model SUVs like pre 1996 Suzuki Vitara, Mitsubishi Pajero and Toyota Fortuner have a transfer case that allows the driver to switch between 2 wheel drive and 4H & 4L.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: daihatsu , terios , 4x4 , suv , offroad

Tags: daihatsu, terios, 4x4, suv and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users