Reunion dinner on CNY eve

Roverboy

Was thinking having reunion dinner at a chinese restaurant this time on CNY eve, let my mum rest this year ,anywhere to intro? Budget about 200-300 for 6pax, any intro?

↡ Advertisement

act we have been eating out cny eve for the past few yrs...same thing its to let mum rest...but damn time passes so fast i cant even recall where we did this yr's dinner... :wacko:

Yes..at the very mercy of the chef's mood, and also, they would be hurrying you

to leave, as they have like 4 time slots on that day itself. Best is still to self cook.

Mum could use the workout to keep her fit. I wish I had such options,

I'm the one cooking. [shakehead] Working out next year's menu already. [:(]

Last year we went to one of Tung Lok's restaurants. ^_^

Good or otherwise depends on chefs' moods. [:p]

Was thinking having reunion dinner at a chinese restaurant this time on CNY eve, let my mum rest this year ,anywhere to intro? Budget about 200-300 for 6pax, any intro?

we ate out once and decided no more.

Too rush.. we went to Ah YATT seafood at Turf City, 3 time slot, we took the middle one.

Reach there had to wait for the first time slot to finish... than when go to our table, still dirty, so have to wait.

And when we were eating, the dish came in like rocket.. they are hurrying us to make way for the third time slot ppl..

anyway.. overall not a good experience, crowded and rush. Food is good but no mood.

So my mother say just stay at home to eat la!

try out at Iluma 7th floor daniel koh restaurant, taste nice like fine dining restaurant and each person about 50, last year i've been there nice!

S$200-300 for 6 paxs quite difficult.

you may want to go to Golden mile for their famous steamboat.

still got change somemore.

can bring along 2 can of abalone, just tell the boss. they will allow.

we've been having reunion dinner out since years back

always take the last slot (anyway uncle is the manager) so we take our time and still chi chat with the staff and all after the dinner

we've been having reunion dinner out since years back

always take the last slot (anyway uncle is the manager) so we take our time and still chi chat with the staff and all after the dinner

the last slot is like 9pm?? very hungry le to start so late..

no leh.

8-10pm. depends on the restaurant also lah.

I remembered the middle slot always get fully booked the earliest. the last few times we tried to have it outside, we always end up going to the less popular places cos the popular ones either the first slot too early and the 3rd slot is too late..I do remember that most places the 3rd slot start at 8.30pm or 9.00pm..

Wah, so early already got pple talk abt CNY reunion dinner..

alot of pple booked 1 year ahead..this year just finished reunion dinner, straight away book for next year! no one plans to fail..but everyone fails to plan! [laugh]

alot of pple booked 1 year ahead..this year just finished reunion dinner, straight away book for next year! no one plans to fail..but everyone fails to plan! [laugh]

serious??! 1yr in advance?? I thought if feb CNY, book in early Jan is ok already.. :blink:

serious??! 1yr in advance?? I thought if feb CNY, book in early Jan is ok already.. :blink:

the last time i didn't book in advance..ended up eating "3rd round" 9pm in the restaurant [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement