MAZDA 6

Voxy28

hi all

i was reading up on Mazda and i understand that there was an issue with the istop in the mazda cars whereby it sort of drains off the battery in the car. 

could i check if this is still the case? Some have even resorted to disabling the istop all together

I understand many of you are upset and one of the owner was affected personally because of the autolock function.

What if there is autolock and someone died because of the autolock malfunction.

Would the petition change to remove autolock?

I think ultimatley, we have to constantly remind ourselves not to let our guards down and lock our cars bah.

Also just write to the authorities for more clarity as well.

When airbags are deployed, our Mazdas don't auto unlock. Therefore, constantly reminding ourselves to lock doors wont address your concern of autlock malfunction.

The good news is that our SCDF has undergone the necessary training and carry the right tools to break windows to evacuate passengers in case of emergency.

The European rules to disable auto-lock is probably due to safety considerations; i.e. it is safer without the auto-lock than with it.  Personally I think Mazda should give the driver the choice.  However it is very hard to argue with the Eurocratic civil servants about such things.

Yes you are right.

In Europe, there are many isolated places where passenger rescue would be hindered if the doors are locked from the inside.

However, In urban Singapore  we are less likely to be isolated for long durations.

In response to the petition, I received a call from the Service Manager of Transeurokars on 6th of Feb 2018, and spoke with the Workshop manager about the absence of this feature in our cars. The Workshop manager claimed that Mazda cars that are imported into Singapore follow European regulations which require this auto-lock feature to be removed (even though no Singapore regulations call for the removal of this feature). Therefore, this feature has been Geo/Region locked in the CMU of our cars and the Lock/Unlock button has been replaced with a power window On/Off button.

I think the Mazda CX-5 has auto-lock.

in the market there is this OBD module that autolock on drive

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/obd-auto-door-d-lock-for-mazda-3-skyactive-i13434386.html

I would say this is good with kids onboard. The device has to be taken and hidden during your service!

Bro, this is similar to what we have proposed to Mazda Corp to evaluate.

Instead of using a fixed OBD connector to alter the CAN bus communication protocol, the request to Mazda is to modify the Rear Body Control Module parameters (RBCM is The computer that controls auto locks, power windows...)  parameters to enable the autolock oprtions in the CMU (infotainment system)

I think the Mazda CX-5 has auto-lock.

Yup, the new Mazda CX-5 and the M2 have the autolock; the workshop manager suspects the new M6 will come with this feature.

(edited)

I'm in the camp that prefers no auto lock. Our doors dont open themselves halfway through the drive. So why auto lock? Unless you have child in car, then drivers or parents should ensure the lock. To most of us, it is in fact more dangerous to lock the car. During car accident, people from outside unable to save you in time when door is locked. I really see little benefits to auto lock, especially in Singapore.

Edited by Ralfale

Bro, this is similar to what we have proposed to Mazda Corp to evaluate.

Instead of using a fixed OBD connector to alter the CAN bus communication protocol, the request to Mazda is to modify the Rear Body Control Module parameters (RBCM is The computer that controls auto locks, power windows...)  parameters to enable the autolock oprtions in the CMU (infotainment system)

You can link this to a notebook to enable the autolock as the software is available and warranty void if being known.

I'm in the camp that prefers no auto lock. Our doors dont open themselves halfway through the drive. So why auto lock? Unless you have child in car, then drivers or parents should ensure the lock. To most of us, it is in fact more dangerous to lock the car. During car accident, people from outside unable to save you in time when door is locked. I really see little benefits to auto lock, especially in Singapore.

Bro, different people have different preferences and needs.

This auto-lock feature can be turned off via the infotainment system for folks who don't need it.  For ppl like myself, who would like this feature activated to protect my family from carjacking, it is also available.

Win win situation correct?  No one is deprived.

You can link this to a notebook to enable the autolock as the software is available and warranty void if being known.

Yes, you are correct.

Actually, its a fairly straightforward procedure if you have the OBD2 connector. I am hoping for an official solution from Mazda that wont void the warranty (I am hoping that they can also configure the doors to auto-unlock once the airbags are deployed). 

(edited)

Be prepared for a crowded service centre until the new one opens in about 2 month's time. If you book your service timeslot well ahead of time you will save yourself some of the frustration. They are all very busy because the success of their sales was not anticipated. I think the Leng Kee centre is better.

My super-fussy wife (hope she doesn't read this) goes to the Leng Kee service centre eventhough her car ran out of the free service period. She has no major complaints and said it was much much better than the other car brand she used to own. I agree. I was not impressed with my own former car's service centre as well but was impressed by the Mazda's Leng Kee service centre. In fact it is one of the decision factors that made me choose Mazda 6. The others are FC, price, drivability, and the new engine design.

Thank you for your helpful reply.

With the latest COE results, looks like I may not have bought at the bottom.

But it will be good news for would-be M6 owners.

On the topic of auto-lock, when I made the decision to buy I did not even know of this feature!

I guess I will just have to manually lock it when traveling North. As a layman on these features, I would not want to meddle with the software.

Just my simplistic opinion.

Edited by retiredman
  • Praise 1

Just to Update the petition:

Autolock on MAzda 6 in Singapore

98 supporters

There are other bros or Sis who are driving other variants of the Mazda who would also like to have this "basic" feature enable

maybe should change to all mazda users as there's lots of mazda 3 drivers who might want this function as well.
  • Praise 1

Are there any distinctive external features that one can distinguish a 2.0 from a 2.5 sedan, not station wagon? For 2.0 Standard, it has no HID, so can only know if it turns on the headlights.

Unlike Toyota that likes to put the engine size on the boot lit, I can’t tell a M6 when I see one on the road.

Good website selling fake passports, ID cards, driver's licenses online: w w w. buyrealpassport.cc

Mods, can you take action?

Are there any distinctive external features that one can distinguish a 2.0 from a 2.5 sedan, not station wagon? For 2.0 Standard, it has no HID, so can only know if it turns on the headlights.

Unlike Toyota that likes to put the engine size on the boot lit, I canât tell a M6 when I see one on the road.

Mazda 6 2.0 Exec & above come with LED headlights, you can tell the difference without the headlights being switched on... The design is different. It is impossible to tell from the back though.

Only the 2.5 has sunroof and the 2.5 also comes with the bigger and more stylish 19" rims

Is there a significant reduction in the noise level of the 2017 Mazda 6 2.0 standard version as compared to the earlier models

Edited by retiredman
↡ Advertisement