MAZDA 6

Voxy28

for me, the only consolation is that my office is 5 mins from my home... and i dun work in town... i use highway as far as i can cos i m driving a manual car...

seems like ur mileage is not high..... why dun u calculate how much a saving of 1km/l will do for u... if it's negligible, just buy a 6 n enjoy ur ride.....

↡ Advertisement

seems like ur mileage is not high..... why dun u calculate how much a saving of 1km/l will do for u... if it's negligible, just buy a 6 n enjoy ur ride.....

will do so... the prob is i dun keep track of how many km i travel...

Neutral Newbie

Bro,

First time I'm posting here.

I'm driving the pre-facelift MZ6 2.0SP HB from 2007.

50% highway, 50% city, and i'm doing like 9.5-10.5km/l.

And I'm on 18" rims and E-Drive =P

Shouldnt be too bad unless you are elephant footed or the car condition already nt so good

• Praise 1

u think car salesman more trustworthy or mazda 6 owners more so?

It's really all about your right foot n driving style.....

i even know of pple who consistently get 9km/l on their Mazda3 when some others can get 11km/l to 12km/l consistently

i had a MPV (2 other friends bought the same car at the same time).....

2 of us keep getting about 9km/l n our cruising best is 10km/l.... the 3rd friend could actually get a cruising 11+km/l on one full tank(in Singapore)

bro... dun get me wrong...

i cannot rely purely on what salesman say, thats why i m here to ask for opinion from Mz6 owners

i m just confused as one bro from here told me over pm that hatchback model FC not as good as sedan...

would like to know what is other MZ6 owners' take on this....

disclaimer: not that i doubt anyone... just want to get more opinion... before i plunge as i still got 2 months left on my MZ323 1.3M

My advice, 2nd hand Madza are a good buy. I know a 2006 M5, no major problems and an M3 since 2004 no problem, some more good interior. If FC is concerned, buy Camry.

On the other hand, if FC not concerned, why not consider used Cefiro 2.3 lit - OMV higher at 25K vs M6 at 20K and same price for same age!! Used Nissan suffers worse depreciation and thus very good buy.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...595&DL=1050

Yep Never buy 1st Hand Mazda Cars....the 1st hand owners take a huge huge hit in depreciation. Can you imagine a 2004 Mazda 6 2.3 easily cost $105K ++

2nd hand Mz are good buy.

Only then is bad resale for your 2nd Mz

Bro,

First time I'm posting here.

I'm driving the pre-facelift MZ6 2.0SP HB from 2007.

50% highway, 50% city, and i'm doing like 9.5-10.5km/l.

And I'm on 18" rims and E-Drive =P

Shouldnt be too bad unless you are elephant footed or the car condition already nt so good

Nice numbers for your fuel consumption.

How i wish my Mz6 2.3 fuel consumption is as good :) I am only running at 7.8 to 8

hey sunburnsam, thanks! I didn't get a new one. Got a used one. DOB May 2008. Almost 3yr old this baby. I got the 2.0 version. So far, enjoying every bit of it.

If you guys are meeting up, hope I can join and check out the setup.

Btw, I do have a question. Is it even possible for the 6 to do a 12.44km/l figure? I said this because that's what I got after filling it up for the 2nd time. Both times, I filled her up to the brim. My KM reading was at 180km when the needle was at 3/4 mark earlier. From 3/4 mark to brim again, I only managed to squeeze in 14.70lit of fuel (that's a bit little I thought??).

For a while I thought maybe I didn't fill her all the way up. But actual visual of the fuel/tank plus the in-car fuel indicator says it's FULL. If this is true.. I am not complaining.. Haha.

Any comments on this?

Best way to measure....... fill it up (64l tank) then see how much km u clock then divide out.

Neutral Newbie

How i wish my Mz6 2.3 fuel consumption is as good :) I am only running at 7.8 to 8

Ouch, but I must say if that's your car in the pic, it looks real good =)

A full tank usually does for me abt 650km =P

Yep Never buy 1st Hand Mazda Cars....the 1st hand owners take a huge huge hit in depreciation. Can you imagine a 2004 Mazda 6 2.3 easily cost $105K ++

Haa, ya Sam, 1st owner kenna huge hit in depreciation, but then its the same with many other cars also lah... think will drive my lau6 until COE finish.....

• Praise 1

with rising COE, the 08 Mazda6 not good buy leh...

it's ur right foot n left hand loh.........

bro... dun get me wrong...

i cannot rely purely on what salesman say, thats why i m here to ask for opinion from Mz6 owners

i m just confused as one bro from here told me over pm that hatchback model FC not as good as sedan...

would like to know what is other MZ6 owners' take on this....

disclaimer: not that i doubt anyone... just want to get more opinion... before i plunge as i still got 2 months left on my MZ323 1.3M

cool bro, just trying to share my opinion.... i guess u just need to find a Mazda 6 that touches your heart...

I think my mileage is real. For the 2nd time, I got 180km for a quarter of fuel. Make sense if I say consumption is lesser if tank is fuller?? I don't know. But this is the 2nd time I got this kinda mileage and when I filled her up to brim, I squeeze in 15litres of ron95. Will continue to monitor.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1