MAZDA 6

Voxy28

My main concern is the front sensor though. Sigh..

I find the front sensors to be very useful!

Driving the long Mazda 6 along my HDB MSCP narrow ramps is an adventure! Glad to have the sensors to assist me.

Will prob get used to the length of the car in due time.. but the sensors are definitely helpful till then. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I noticed a small dent on my car, and Mazda Aftermarket quoted me 18$ for the touch-up paint (DIY)

Has anyone here tried to DIY touch up the paint on your car? can share your experience?

My navigation voice guidance not working properly. No sound at all but I can hear music sound changed to another speaker. Guidance volume is set to near max but still no sound. Anyone face this issue?

• Praise 1

My navigation voice guidance not working properly. No sound at all but I can hear music sound changed to another speaker. Guidance volume is set to near max but still no sound. Anyone face this issue?

I've no issue with nav voice guidance. But notice sometimes HUD lane nav guidance don't work. Usually on off engine try again back to normal.

I find the front sensors to be very useful!

Driving the long Mazda 6 along my HDB MSCP narrow ramps is an adventure! Glad to have the sensors to assist me.

Will prob get used to the length of the car in due time.. but the sensors are definitely helpful till then.

Ya! Our car so long and older MSCP ramps so narrow. No front sensor sure gana. One irritating part of front sensors is when motorcycle come close to you in front at traffic light, sensors keep peeping. Or at a busy traffic junction where many pedestrians crossing near your car.

I've no issue with nav voice guidance. But notice sometimes HUD lane nav guidance don't work. Usually on off engine try again back to normal.

Did a factory reset. Now seems ok.. will monitor for a longer period and see how it goes.

(edited)

I noticed a small dent on my car, and Mazda Aftermarket quoted me 18$ for the touch-up paint (DIY)

Has anyone here tried to DIY touch up the paint on your car? can share your experience?

somehow you will see the difference between the touch up area and the normal paint. its is just to make yourself feel a little more comfortable haha.. i use it for the first and second paint peel off (due to other silly car door knocking onto my car body during opening of doors i guess) but can't be bother when the third, fourth appears..

take it easy.. there bound to have dent here and there as days goes by especially when we need to park side by side..

Edited by Jackwolf
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

Ya! Our car so long and older MSCP ramps so narrow. No front sensor sure gana. One irritating part of front sensors is when motorcycle come close to you in front at traffic light, sensors keep peeping. Or at a busy traffic junction where many pedestrians crossing near your car.

Front sensors will not sound during normal driving....only sound when you press the sensor button...

TEK offerred to help me touch up for free but it looks awful

Twincharged

TEK offerred to help me touch up for free but it looks awful

Because the Original Touch up paint,not 100% match,esp the "Soul Red".. [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

For touch-up paint, to consider only to slow down rust corrosion (if any).

Not for cosmetic purpose as the patching is quite obvious.

• Praise 1

Haha! Yeah! the motorcycles weaving in and out traffic gets the sensors all worked up! Lol!

But yeah, the benefits outweigh the inconvenience.

somehow you will see the difference between the touch up area and the normal paint. its is just to make yourself feel a little more comfortable haha.. i use it for the first and second paint peel off (due to other silly car door knocking onto my car body during opening of doors i guess) but can't be bother when the third, fourth appears..

take it easy.. there bound to have dent here and there as days goes by especially when we need to park side by side..

Ohh.. :(

Guess my car is scarred for life.. oh well.. guess it's part and parcel of owing a car..

• Praise 2

Supercharged
(edited)

I found touch-up paints being sold in Giant Hypermarket for less than $13. They are labelled according to the car makes and color codes. I've not tried them though.

Edited by kykh
  • Praise 2

Does Mazda sell touch up paint? If yes, they should have the correct color codes.

Special colors like soul red and my machine grey color no choice have to go back mazda. Don't think outside Workshop have the paint or can mix the color to match.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I am not sure if it helps. When you are in Navigation Mode, you can go to settings, and set the volume. It is different from the music playing in background, from what I observed. Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

• Praise 1

Does Mazda sell touch up paint? If yes, they should have the correct color codes.

Special colors like soul red and my machine grey color no choice have to go back mazda. Don't think outside Workshop have the paint or can mix the color to match.

yes they do.. but then again the touch up paint color is not likely to be 100% same as the original car paint due to -

1. batches of paint

2. usage of car (change of colour due to rain sun wash)

• Praise 1

Go back to TEK, looks like they will reset / update your software. Mine one ok already.
  • Praise 1

I am not sure if it helps. When you are in Navigation Mode, you can go to settings, and set the volume. It is different from the music playing in background, from what I observed. Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

Tried and it didn't help. I did factory reset, first navigation is ok but subsequent navigation no voice.

Go back to TEK, looks like they will reset / update your software. Mine one ok already.

You also face this issue? Ya most probably going back there to let them fix it..
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1