MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Is that with i-Stop? Your figures translate to 9.5 - 10km/L. Better than my 2L Camry which is doing 8km/L. I drive mostly on urban condition.

In normal case, I will off I-stop.. but I found not significant feel with/without I-stop (8x traffic lights from home to work place)..

I consider above route as urban (no highway); 9.5-10L/100km.

When come to full highway, I am achieving 5.5-6L/100km (800km to north_Thailand border_2adult+1kid); left 1/8 tank

2 extreme scenarios for sharing

↡ Advertisement

In normal case, I will off I-stop.. but I found not significant feel with/without I-stop (8x traffic lights from home to work place)..

When come to full highway, I am achieving 5.5-6L/100km (800km to north_Thailand border_2adult+1kid); left 1/8 tank

Thanks for the info. Getting 16.67-18.18km/L on the highway is impressive, at least when compared to my Camry which i was getting 15km/L during my drive to Cameron Highlands last year.

Getting 5.5-6L/100km for my 2.5L from east to Tuas is not a issue.

Non-stop plus speed btw 80-100km/h. :a-m1212:

Mazda 6 standard is very good value at $112K now.

Strong presence, stretched look, spacious , reliable and made in Japan, not Thailand

• Praise 1

Jam how?

Bro, can you tell me what is the FC for any car during jam?  [drivingcar]

My maths not very good. But i remember teacher telling me anything divide by 0km is infinity.  :grin:

• Praise 1

Do you use the stop-start feature?

You can use foot pressure to control if you want to stop the engine. If I know traffic light is going to turn green soon, I would hold my foot lightly and keep engine running. If traffic light just turn red, step all the way to let engine stop throughout.
  • Praise 1

I'd like to ask for the kind feedback from the owners of Mazda 6 2.0L:

1. What is the FC when driving fully in urban condition, 50/50 & on NSHW, with i-Stop and with i-Stop switched off.

2. With i-Stop activated, what is the lifetime of battery since the car will need to start numerous times.

I have just booked a 2L Exec during the Motorshow. Thanks in advance.

Expressway 5-6L/100km

Urban 8-9L/100km

Average per tank 7.2-7.6L/100km

Droved 22,000km now.. ave 7.4L/100km

• Praise 2

Mazda 6 standard is very good value at $112K now.

Strong presence, stretched look, spacious , reliable and made in Japan, not Thailand

Sorry... made in China but assembled in Japan...

The fact is, it is justifiable for MADE IN JAPAN if the car is indeed final assembled in Japan. That's how its has been from international trade perspective. It is also the same for MADE IN KOREA/Germany/EU tags.

In today's global supply chain, it is common to see manufacturers to source parts from all over the world, wherever make sense in terms of cost, performance and quality. Almost all car makers source parts from lower-cost countries (including Korea). Does that mean the parts are inferior to higher cost countries like Japan or Germany? I would say, it depends. For parts like mouldings, trims, electronics, cables harnesses etc, I don't think it differs much. Even glass materials like windscreens, windows, the conti makes (BMW, MB) also source from chinese manufacturer like FUYAO. For complex mechanical or mechatronics assemblies, maybe the difference is noticeable, that's why a lot of gearboxes, drivetrains of MIJ cars are also made in Japan.

And then the OEM makes the difference also, rather than country of production. Take Headunit for example. I saw a Mazda headunit made by Panasonic in Malaysia, and Hyundai/Kia headunit made by Motrex (I presume in Korea). Give me the Panasonic headunit anytime. The Motrex headunit is worse than China-made HU in terms of performance and build quality.

The truth is, Mazda makes high-quality products. And most of their productions are still in Japan, comparatively.

Just look at their higher end models like the CX range, Mazda 6. The build quality is fantastic using high quality materials. Between Sonata and Mazda 6, give me the Mazda 6 anytime, for their build quality AND the performance of the Mazda 6. Sorry I cannot comment on Mazda 3 and below or Hyundai Elantra because I have not owned them before. Having said that, Korean build quality are also good.

Before taking at face value comments like 'made in China, assembled in Japan', go see the interior of CX-5, CX-9 and Mazda 6 and judge for yourself the build quality of Mazda cars.

Not a Mazda fanboy, nor a Mazda owner, in fact I own a conti and a korean make. But I think we have to recognize manufacturers that build high quality products (that includes Subaru).

And not only I say one, see below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDYQcIGL1Mw

• Praise 8

It has been a couple of weeks since the traumatic incident and emotions have subsided, I am thinking why not share it in this thread which is most appropriate.

I am sure most here have read this two weekends ago.......

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/man-with-sickle-takes-over-car-crashes-it

Yes, the car, a Mazda 6, that was hijacked was mine but it was my wife who was alone in the car at that time. Thank god she was not hurt other than the extreme shock. She was in total panic when the man approached the car and couldn't lock the car in time.

Ironically, I was telling my wife when I bought this car that it don't have auto speed lock unlike my previous car. It was not a concern to me at that time as Singapore is generally safe but I was proven wrong this time!

So owners here, for safety sake.......please remember to lock your doors while on the move though it is extremely unlikely such incident will happen again.

Cheers

• Praise 8

It has been a couple of weeks since the traumatic incident and emotions have subsided, I am thinking why not share it in this thread which is most appropriate.

I am sure most here have read this two weekends ago.......

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/man-with-sickle-takes-over-car-crashes-it

Yes, the car, a Mazda 6, that was hijacked was mine but it was my wife who was alone in the car at that time. Thank god she was not hurt other than the extreme shock. She was in total panic when the man approached the car and couldn't lock the car in time.

Ironically, I was telling my wife when I bought this car that it don't have auto speed lock unlike my previous car. It was not a concern to me at that time as Singapore is generally safe but I was proven wrong this time!

So owners here, for safety sake.......please remember to lock your doors while on the move though it is extremely unlikely such incident will happen again.

Cheers

There is auto lock but u need some expert to program for u

Better than made in China, assembled in Thailand n priced at conti level

Better than made in China, assembled in Thailand n priced at conti level

Not sure got made in China, assembled in Thailand and sell at Continental pricing leh...

I am aware that the auto lock can be programmed but afraid that the warranty will be voided as the car is less than a year old.

On hindsight, should have just proceed to get it done. Now that the car has been declared a total loss, so pointless now.

I am aware that the auto lock can be programmed but afraid that the warranty will be voided as the car is less than a year old.

On hindsight, should have just proceed to get it done. Now that the car has been declared a total loss, so pointless now.

How did the insurer deal with it? Replace your total loss 6 with a brand new one?

Not sure got made in China, assembled in Thailand and sell at Continental pricing leh...

Some Parts from China?

Camry 150k

↡ Advertisement