Electric Toothbrush

Vextan

Have to say this is a very useful / informative thread [thumbsup] , and damn poisonous too. [:p]

Was at Philips Carnival Sales on Sunday, walked pass the Personal Care department, and saw a few model of Electric Toothbrushes on sales. Decided to give it a miss, as I am not quite comfort with a rush purchase without doing proper research. Remembered there was this thread and so browsed it, look at the feedback and recommendations (@Vratenza one is especially helpful), and decided on the basic Sonicare 2 series. But here is the interesting part.

Philips Sales priced at $55 (HX6231/01)

DufbgIr.jpg

Popular PWP offer also at $55 (HX6231/01)

67t32ei.jpg

While browsing Philips Singapore website, the pop up show a 30% discount if you registered online (for e-mailer). After getting an email confirmation, was redirected to Philips online store, and chanced upon another 2 series model, the Black Edition (HX6232/20), which retails at the same price as standard 2 series (HX6231/01), BUT come with 2 x DiamondClean standard brush head, instead of 1 x ProResults Plaque Control brush head. A quick calculation shows that the Black Edition ($62.30 after 30% discount) is a better choice!

And here is my purchase...

VPoZeX6.jpg

BTW, the 30% discount code is valid for 14 days. Inline with MCF's spirit, got good lobang must share... [nod]  [nod] 

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 12

Have to say this is a very useful / informative thread [thumbsup] , and damn poisonous too. [:p]

Was at Philips Carnival Sales on Sunday, walked pass the Personal Care department, and saw a few model of Electric Toothbrushes on sales. Decided to give it a miss, as I am not quite comfort with a rush purchase without doing proper research. Remembered there was this thread and so browsed it, look at the feedback and recommendations (@Vratenza one is especially helpful), and decided on the basic Sonicare 2 series. But here is the interesting part.

Philips Sales priced at $55 (HX6231/01)

DufbgIr.jpg

Popular PWP offer also at $55 (HX6231/01)

67t32ei.jpg

While browsing Philips Singapore website, the pop up show a 30% discount if you registered online (for e-mailer). After getting an email confirmation, was redirected to Philips online store, and chanced upon another 2 series model, the Black Edition (HX6232/20), which retails at the same price as standard 2 series (HX6231/01), BUT come with 2 x DiamondClean standard brush head, instead of 1 x ProResults Plaque Control brush head. A quick calculation shows that the Black Edition ($62.30 after 30% discount) is a better choice!

And here is my purchase...

VPoZeX6.jpg

BTW, the 30% discount code is valid for 14 days. Inline with MCF's spirit, got good lobang must share... [nod]  [nod] 

@Carbon82

Recommended first charge before using the Sonic Care is 24 hours.  After that, I use it continuously until it beeps me that it needs to recharge.  I leave it charging overnight.  

• Praise 1

Thanks to all especially @mustank! My Philips Sonicare 2, together with extra order of brush heads came from Amazon ytd.

Just did a brushing with my new toy.. feel abit weird.. like at dentist.. with an instrument vibrating inside my mouth.. haha

Did not really force /brush too long as not use to it it. However, can feel some of the tooth like smoother compare to using traditional toothbrush? Maybe it’s just a feel good factor after buying now toy.. haha

@Carbon82

Recommended first charge before using the Sonic Care is 24 hours. After that, I use it continuously until it beeps me that it needs to recharge. I leave it charging overnight.

Good buy!! Miss out in the Philips fair.. haha

OT abit.. for those who having aches on the back or leg etc. Can consider trying the Philips infracare lamp device. Got one (the middle size model @ 300w) for my wifey and she swears it worked! Help to improve her blood circulation blah blah blah. Haha

For those who interest.. as other Bro mention, sign up for their member online and get a birthday month code for 50% off for 1 item.

Edited by Sadan
  • Praise 2

Thanks to all especially @mustank! My Philips Sonicare 2, together with extra order of brush heads came from Amazon ytd.

Just did a brushing with my new toy.. feel abit weird.. like at dentist.. with an instrument vibrating inside my mouth.. haha

Did not really force /brush too long as not use to it it. However, can feel some of the tooth like smoother compare to using traditional toothbrush? Maybe itâs just a feel good factor after buying now toy.. haha

Good buy!! Miss out in the Philips fair.. haha

OT abit.. for those who having aches on the back or leg etc. Can consider trying the Philips infracare lamp device. Got one (the middle size model @ 300w) for my wifey and she swears it worked! Help to improve her blood circulation blah blah blah. Haha

For those who interest.. as other Bro mention, sign up for their member online and get a birthday month code for 50% off for 1 item.

You got apply the $10 voucher that amazon gives for the toothbrush?

They always give one

You got apply the $10 voucher that amazon gives for the toothbrush?

They always give one

Yup! I apply both for the toothbrush set and the brush head sets which u recommended. Just cannot rem their amount.. haha
  • Praise 2

Yup! I apply both for the toothbrush set and the brush head sets which u recommended. Just cannot rem their amount.. haha

Hahaha

Heng ah! Can save, save

You got hit $125 can get free shipping right?

• Praise 1

Hahaha

Heng ah! Can save, save

You got hit $125 can get free shipping right?

Got!! Once at Amazon sure alot of things to buy de.. haha
  • Praise 2

I have been diligently doing the following daily

1) normal toothbrush for general cleaning

2) electric flosser from Panasonic

3) Philips electric toothbrush

The flosser is really important

I went to taobao to find those 1L big arse type, hoping to find a battery powered one but can’t find

Troublesome to keep on refilling

I do those in the bathroom, not the sink becuase of the huge mess

Wish taobao comes out with a kick ass 12v 1L flosser

Those dc powered 1L flosser about $60

Very affordable

Search word:

电动冲牙洗牙器水牙线喷水

I have been diligently doing the following daily

1) normal toothbrush for general cleaning

2) electric flosser from Panasonic

3) Philips electric toothbrush

The flosser is really important

I went to taobao to find those 1L big arse type, hoping to find a battery powered one but can’t find

Troublesome to keep on refilling

I do those in the bathroom, not the sink becuase of the huge mess

Wish taobao comes out with a kick ass 12v 1L flosser

Those dc powered 1L flosser about $60

Very affordable

Search word:

电动冲牙洗牙器水牙线喷水

I have been wondering if the water jet flosser as effective as thread type?

• Praise 1

I don’t know man

But it is a lot easier to use

If it is a lot easier to use, then will use more :XD:

• Praise 1

Philips having sale on their Sonicare product! 

30% off discount price. Promo code : WOHD18SG 

Plus free NETS Flashpay card  ( worth $30 ) for selected models.

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 2

i don't really think so.

My water flosser is becoming a white elephant.

It's really messy to use, have to use in shower and sometimes u can injure your gum cos i guess most of us don't really use it in front of the mirror.

• Praise 2

I still use both. I find the water flosser removes alot of plaques all over. But i got a location always trapped some food, where the water flosser is not effective. That's where the thread comes in. Only for that location.
  • Praise 1

i don't really think so.

My water flosser is becoming a white elephant.

It's really messy to use, have to use in shower and sometimes u can injure your gum cos i guess most of us don't really use it in front of the mirror.

I find it useful but recently i experienced sensitive teeth, i was wondering if it is due to the water flosser.