Electric Toothbrush

Vextan

does the brush head last?

haha i destroy my tooth brushes quite fast. But this is more for my wife.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement

OralB heads (rotating/ossilating) ones don't last.

Sonicare heads (pulsating) ones last very long.....I am still on my original head for the last 8 months ( i got spares)

I think it the the mechanism of brushing that determines the wear rate.

does the brush head last?

haha i destroy my tooth brushes quite fast. But this is more for my wife.

OralB heads (rotating/ossilating) ones don't last.

Sonicare heads (pulsating) ones last very long.....I am still on my original head for the last 8 months ( i got spares)

I think it the the mechanism of brushing that determines the wear rate.

Thats true, the oral B ones I use dont last very long, and replacements are expensive. Thinking of changing to Philips. Do the Sonicare ones clean more efficiently? 

Cheap and good. 

Using rechargeable is a pain due to lack of socket in the bathroom and moisture etc getting into charger contacts. 

Batteries (2 x AA) last about a month. Replace head about every 3 months... 

On/Off switch will normally fail after around 1-2 years. Just throw away and but a new one...

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Sonicare-HX3631-06-Toothbrush/dp/B00NL2AOPU/ref=sr_1_61?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1505443879&sr=1-61&keywords=electric%2Btoothbrush&th=1

Edited by cmdsea
  • Praise 1

Cheap and good.

Using rechargeable is a pain due to lack of socket in the bathroom and moisture etc getting into charger contacts.

On/Off switch will normally fail after around 1-2 years. Just throw away and but a new one...

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Sonicare-HX3631-06-Toothbrush/dp/B00NL2AOPU/ref=sr_1_61?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1505443879&sr=1-61&keywords=electric%2Btoothbrush&th=1

Solid recommendations!!!

Yes!

I used oralB for a few years before converting to sonicare and never looked back. 

To me the way the oralB heads work is just your regular manual brushing action but multiplied >100x, so it saves you from standing in front of your basin for 30mins to achieve the same level of cleanliness.

The sonicare heads micropulse actually works by having the bristle tip vibrating around a spot to loosen up any debris from the spot. if you look at some youtube demo on the function, it also pushes your toothpaste/water solution into the gaps between the teeth as well.

That said, I will still floss my teeth before using the sonicare for a full clean as any toothbrush (manual or electric) will not be able to remove large food pieces from between the teeth. 

Thats true, the oral B ones I use dont last very long, and replacements are expensive. Thinking of changing to Philips. Do the Sonicare ones clean more efficiently? 

• Praise 2

Yes!

I used oralB for a few years before converting to sonicare and never looked back.

To me the way the oralB heads work is just your regular manual brushing action but multiplied >100x, so it saves you from standing in front of your basin for 30mins to achieve the same level of cleanliness.

The sonicare heads micropulse actually works by having the bristle tip vibrating around a spot to loosen up any debris from the spot. if you look at some youtube demo on the function, it also pushes your toothpaste/water solution into the gaps between the teeth as well.

That said, I will still floss my teeth before using the sonicare for a full clean as any toothbrush (manual or electric) will not be able to remove large food pieces from between the teeth.

Your expaination really solid!!!!

like!!!!!

i just brush and use my fingers to scrape off the plaque clinging onto my gums (sometimes).

I got floss but maybe use once every 2 months LOL. Never use gargle as well.

The dentist never complain also. But had a very painful experience at the dentist last year after not going for 1 year. So now i go every 6-8months to reduce the pain. damade, the 2016 visit, i was literally shedding tears when they were cleaning off the plaque.

• Praise 1

i just brush and use my fingers to scrape off the plaque clinging onto my gums (sometimes).

I got floss but maybe use once every 2 months LOL. Never use gargle as well.

The dentist never complain also. But had a very painful experience at the dentist last year after not going for 1 year. So now i go every 6-8months to reduce the pain. damade, the 2016 visit, i was literally shedding tears when they were cleaning off the plaque.

Flossing I use this

Panasonic EW1211A Dental Water Flosser, 3 Speed/Pressure Settings, Rechargeable, Cordless https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PF70QYI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Wu0UzbRJC1F5V

Really good

Price drop can buy lah

Everything I also use electric powered device :grin:

• Praise 1

I have both Sonicare HX8911 and the Oral B pro 3000. But the Oral B is my main work horse. I prefer the smaller round brush head which I am able to reach to more difficult to access part of my teeth.

But after brushing, I will finish off with water flossing. You will feel your teeth very clean after this.

• Praise 2

I have both Sonicare HX8911 and the Oral B pro 3000. But the Oral B is my main work horse. I prefer the smaller round brush head which I am able to reach to more difficult to access part of my teeth.

But after brushing, I will finish off with water flossing. You will feel your teeth very clean after this.

does daily use the thin out the enamel

Cheap and good. 

This one is not as powerful as the higher end. I believe the HX3+++  are pulsating at 15,000 movement/min.  The higher end are at 31,000 movement/min,  

I also found not all 31,000 mov/min are the same. My kids are using HX6311. It's not as strong as my HX8911 which is the same spec.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement