New route from JB Customs back to SG

Opel17

Like to share what I saw on small section of Straits Times 20/11/2010. The temp route [2.1 km long] from JB Customs to SG will be replaced with a new route [1.2 km long, 4 lanes]. Trials run on 23/11/2010, switch over on 26/11/2010, fully operational Jan'2011.

Therefore, expect some route diversions or delays. Drive with caution.

↡ Advertisement

Like to share what I saw on small section of Straits Times 20/11/2010. The temp route [2.1 km long] from JB Customs to SG will be replaced with a new route [1.2 km long, 4 lanes]. Trials run on 23/11/2010, switch over on 26/11/2010, fully operational Jan'2011.

Therefore, expect some route diversions or delays. Drive with caution.

Thanks for the info.

Went in and saw the new section, no more numerous S-turns. Only problem I envisage is the slow traffic creeping up on the way in to Johor.

Toll charges remain the same ?

Went in and saw the new section, no more numerous S-turns. Only problem I envisage is the slow traffic creeping up on the way in to Johor.

Hose driving manual car will be very tired. The slope is quite long

Ya and all those bends the road conditions not very good also, got potholes and those knuckle crushing joints. Hopefully the new route will be smooth.

No idea, just saw the section of the road already constructed. I also think the viaduct you are refering to is not for passenger vehicles but goods vehicles, same as before.

Imho, when the roadworks is fully completed, the JB side [1/2" share of the causeway] will incline up to reach the JB CIQ.

Underneath would be cleared to allow the sea water to flow through, and maybe boats/vessels to sail across. The size of the boats/vessels depend on the height clearance.

Imho, when the roadworks is fully completed, the JB side [1/2" share of the causeway] will incline up to reach the JB CIQ.

Underneath would be cleared to allow the sea water to flow through, and maybe boats/vessels to sail across. The size of the boats/vessels depend on the height clearance.

The railway line will also be elevated?

The railway line will also be elevated?

Not sure about the railway line. I forgotten about the railway. Never seen the train pass by whenever jammed on the causeway.

In fact this would also dictate how the future extension of SG MRT into JB would be constructed, if finally agreed between both MY & SG.

Anyway, my opinion about the elevated roadway on MY side of the causeway is purely my own speculation.

yeah lor. it will happen. in terms of tech, it's very possible.

the problem is how much $$ Msia wants to extort from our garment only....... [laugh][laugh]

i hope to see SMRT trains to go to JB one day....... :D:D

me too! i wish so as well. mayb they can also set up car rental shops near the station and offer coah bus to go KL etc. It'll liven up their town in JB.