• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
128 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:02 PM

Dlar2
  • Dlar2
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone went for a test drive? I think it is a better buy than taiyota.
More air bags but only cost one grand more, quite worth it.
I did not test drive the car but sat in it outside the showroom, the back seat is spacious.
Any comments?

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

Choosh
  • Premium member
    Choosh
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

check out the review at sgcarmart. The reviewer thinks the car is underpowered.

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Renault Flatuence tongue.gif

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

Yeowww
  • Yeowww
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

space wise is good...with a turbo engine would be better. the drive is normal, more jap feel though

Edited by Yeowww, 21 November 2010 - 11:30 PM.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:44 AM

Actan72
  • Premium member
    Actan72
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Ho Guys and Girls

What do u think of Renault's car ?? Does this car have a lot of issue ?
I am eyeing on the Fluence... Just afraid that there will a lot of problem later
The review of the car seems to be mixed. Anyone here already driving this car
Appreciate your feedback. Thanks

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:52 AM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Badge is French but body is Korean.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

Cutebeat
  • Cutebeat
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

producing the car from korea and leverage on the brand to sell,like what chevrolet is doing.if u want to get conti cars,get those straight from the conti land,not a half fcuk neither conti nor korea.this car is for poser.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

Mike1234
  • Premium member
    Mike1234
    Supercharged
    Author Image

producing the car from korea and leverage on the brand to sell,like what chevrolet is doing.if u want to get conti cars,get those straight from the conti land,not a half fcuk neither conti nor korea.this car is for poser.

Renault Fluence

Its a conti car, joint develop engine wif Nissan , assembled in South Korea.

In south korea, its called Renault Samsung SM3

But when its exported, its called the Renault Fluence.

FYI, Renault owned Nissan's shares...

Last time Samsung Motors have ties wif Nissan.

Due to the acqusition of Nissan, Reanult bought over the shares in Samsung Motors as well.

This lead to this tie up.

Side track abit....

Chevrolet Cruze is also known as Daewoo Lacetti Premiere....

Daewoo is also under GM...

Its also built in South Korea btw

smile.gif

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

Expertz
  • Expertz
    Banned

check out the review at sgcarmart. The reviewer thinks the car is underpowered.

other than the honda civic all their reviews for 1.6L cars say that the car is under powered or slightly sluggish

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

Vooth
  • Premium member
    Vooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Grow up or read more, 70% of cars can be considered half-farked if going by your standard..

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

Cutebeat
  • Cutebeat
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Grow up or read more, 70% of cars can be considered half-farked if going by your standard..

u driving a chevy?perhaps u dun know much about the perception of auto-industry here.no one would get a half-fxxk car especially those of brands like bmw,benz,audi.they want it to be straight from Germany.go drive your chevy and imagine u are driving a american muscle car.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

Vooth
  • Premium member
    Vooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I buy a car based on my ability to pay, follow by the design and so forth. Yes, I am driving a cruze and I bought it knowing that it was assembled in S. Korea. BMW, Mercs etc also have plants in other countries, so are those driving S.African contis also driving half-farked cars?

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

Minikong
  • Minikong
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I buy a car based on my ability to pay, follow by the design and so forth. Yes, I am driving a cruze and I bought it knowing that it was assembled in S. Korea. BMW, Mercs etc also have plants in other countries, so are those driving S.African contis also driving half-farked cars?

well normal citizens like us, cannot compare with those elites biggrin.gif
318,320, c180, are junk in thier eyes

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

Vooth
  • Premium member
    Vooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I seriously don't understand such perceptions that buy conti cars must buy from country of origin. I would like to pose a question to those who think this way...will you buy a merc from C&C, manufactured in S.Africa with full aftersales support or from a PI, confirmed from Germany?

With so much electronics nowadays, how safe will you feel if things were to go wrong and outside ws do not have the necessary diagnostic equipment to deal with them or even if they can, will they warrant such parts like a AD will? How about recalls? Sure C&C will entertain you, but last in queue and gotta pay! Jeez...

Edited by Vooth, 11 January 2011 - 12:05 PM.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

Karu
  • Premium member
    Karu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Looks quite ok. Price is very close to Altis.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Read that the built quality, rides and handling is not the Renault's standard.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

Cutebeat
  • Cutebeat
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

unfortunately yes.they no longer imports S.A 3 series,all 3 series now comes direct from the germany.no one in singapore is going to spend a big sum of money on a premium car from south africa.

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

Keynes7
  • Keynes7
    Clutched
    Author Image

Is it worth a buy at 90K??
I'm comparing btw Mazda 3 and Fluence... Any advise??
Actually my ideal car is jetta but now too expensive le abt 100k plus.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Is it worth a buy at 90K??
I'm comparing btw Mazda 3 and Fluence... Any advise??
Actually my ideal car is jetta but now too expensive le abt 100k plus.

For sub 90K, my only complaint is the steering wheel. Quite a surprise for a Conti brands which are usually known for heavy and tight steering feel.

My choice goes to Fluence. The power is decent for a 1.6L, and the 6 CVT is quite responsive. The doors are sure heavy and the equipment level (don;t think thee is an equivalent in the market) is high though Cruise control is missing from the picture. If you are those that just put to D and drive all the way then Mazda 3 may be a better choice.

Regards
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Nullifi3d
  • Premium member
    Nullifi3d
    6th Gear
    Author Image

For sub 90K, my only complaint is the steering wheel. Quite a surprise for a Conti brands which are usually known for heavy and tight steering feel.

My choice goes to Fluence. The power is decent for a 1.6L, and the 6 CVT is quite responsive. The doors are sure heavy and the equipment level (don;t think thee is an equivalent in the market) is high though Cruise control is missing from the picture. If you are those that just put to D and drive all the way then Mazda 3 may be a better choice.

Regards

Very much a marriage between a Korean male and a French supermodel.

Still prefer the looks of the megane 2 though.
Deux Ex Machina

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Renault, Fluence

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users