Renault Fluence

Dlar2

Is it worth a buy at 90K??

I'm comparing btw Mazda 3 and Fluence... Any advise??

Actually my ideal car is jetta but now too expensive le abt 100k plus.

For sub 90K, my only complaint is the steering wheel. Quite a surprise for a Conti brands which are usually known for heavy and tight steering feel.

My choice goes to Fluence. The power is decent for a 1.6L, and the 6 CVT is quite responsive. The doors are sure heavy and the equipment level (don;t think thee is an equivalent in the market) is high though Cruise control is missing from the picture. If you are those that just put to D and drive all the way then Mazda 3 may be a better choice.

Regards

↡ Advertisement

For sub 90K, my only complaint is the steering wheel. Quite a surprise for a Conti brands which are usually known for heavy and tight steering feel.

My choice goes to Fluence. The power is decent for a 1.6L, and the 6 CVT is quite responsive. The doors are sure heavy and the equipment level (don;t think thee is an equivalent in the market) is high though Cruise control is missing from the picture. If you are those that just put to D and drive all the way then Mazda 3 may be a better choice.

Regards

Very much a marriage between a Korean male and a French supermodel.

Still prefer the looks of the megane 2 though.

Is it worth a buy at 90K??

I'm comparing btw Mazda 3 and Fluence... Any advise??

Actually my ideal car is jetta but now too expensive le abt 100k plus.

mazda 3 for the reliability.

i own a mazda3 sp 1.6

super zero problems.

i even forgotten about the 30k km servicing.

and went straight for the 40k km one.

till now its 90+k km and still going strong.

i want to change car also cannot

whereas my odyssey 2009 gives me more problems (gearbox and interior quality) than my 2007 mazda 3

Edited by Friendstar

Very much a marriage between a Korean male and a French supermodel.

Still prefer the looks of the megane 2 though.

But the Megane at the showroom is still at that 4AT :mellow: . Slightly more expensive than the Fluence at 6 Speed CVT.

Regards,

But the Megane at the showroom is still at that 4AT :mellow: . Slightly more expensive than the Fluence at 6 Speed CVT.

Regards,

the 4AT is old school and dated in today's times; and it will never be a traffic light sprinter but it is quite reliable and all you need to do is program the auto-adaptive gearbox to your driving styles. First 2000km is a pain as the car upshifted like a granny driving (1.8K RPM upshifts from 1st to 2nd gear).

But its been ok since. Not fantastic, but definately not a bore.

You mean they're still selling the megane 2 sedan?

Regards

U are right, I just got my fluence last week... The doors are damn heavy.

I would say acceleration is reasonble for the heavy body.. there are many gadgets to play around.

As for the FC, i am now getting around 10 to11km/litres for the first tank which i think is not too bad...

Always ensure i am am on 6 gear when crusing on express way...

For this car, i was told that is on timing chain.. so dun need to change the belt...

Still enjoying my new ride :D:D:D

Edited by Actan72

It's actually gearless for CVT. How do you know it's on "6th" virtual gear? (Got gear display?)

I shift to manual mode and a "6" is display on the panel.

so i assume that i am on 6 speed... also, when i was travelling on 100km, the rpm is in between 1000 to 2000.

:D

Neutral Newbie

Renault Fluence

Its a conti car, joint develop engine wif Nissan , assembled in South Korea.

In south korea, its called Renault Samsung SM3

But when its exported, its called the Renault Fluence.

FYI, Renault owned Nissan's shares...

Last time Samsung Motors have ties wif Nissan.

Due to the acqusition of Nissan, Reanult bought over the shares in Samsung Motors as well.

This lead to this tie up.

Side track abit....

Chevrolet Cruze is also known as Daewoo Lacetti Premiere....

Daewoo is also under GM...

Its also built in South Korea btw

[:)]

Just to add on to the Korean sales side, the Daewoo Lacetti Premiere (Chevy Cruze) is selling at

Entry level : SE (Auto) @ 14,660,000 Korean Won = S$16,783.90

Mid Range : CDX (Auto) @ 16,720,000 Korean Won = S$19,142.40

Premiium : SX (Auto) @ 18,540,000 Korean Won = S$21,226.10

And the Sumsung SM3 (Renault Fluence) is selling at in Korea,

Entry level : PE (Auto) @15,000,000 Korean Won = $17,173.20

Mid Range : SE (Auto) @ 16,150,000 Korean Won = $18,489.80

Premium : RE (Auto) @ 19,000,000 Korean Won = $21,752.70

My point is, for the same product we are getting comparing "apple to apple", the price difference between the Cruze and Fluence is less than S$1K in Korea and yet the price difference in Singapore we are paying a difference of about $10,000. Even if you add up all the taxes (import taxes and ARF)s for both models, the difference should not be more than $3,000. The Renault Fluence is simply overpriced in Singapore and consumers are ripped off by the AD if you buy one Fluence in Singapore.

Not really. Specs and features are different!

Even then, Cruz (with 2 airbags version, not the Base model with 1 airbag) is more expensive (S$92,999) compared to Fluence with 6 airbags (S$90,888).

So, who is ripping who?

Anyway, it's better to buy what you like rather than based on dealer's profit margin, features, etc, etc.

Profit margin for Fluence is 19% and Cruz is 36%

Edited by Kangadrool

This is how it works in Sg, can't be helped. If AD feels that they can get away with such pricing, they will. Besides, buying cars affect the emotional as well as pragmatic sides of humans. Some will compare prices or OMVs, others will be awestruck with the design and base their decisions on that, so no right or wrong I suppose, just whether one can afford and willing to endure the resulting yearly depreciations...

Fluence looks decent on print - but FUGLY & AWKWARD in the metal.

IMO.

can beat latio ?? [laugh]

i heard latio is using renault engine and i like this engine very much, very quite .... [thumbsup] maybe got time will drop by and test drive it... [:p]

Yes, My SE confirm is timing chain.. been driving for a week plus and the car seems quiet..

Maybe is still new... Just find the rim a bit not so nice looking..

Wanted to change but did wifey say no need and make do with it.. [rolleyes][rolleyes]

Edited by Actan72
↡ Advertisement