Renault Fluence

Dlar2

I have seen a few too. It looks really big for a 1.6L when you stand next to it. Rear styling is nice. Front is nice in a very ordinary way. Side profile is sleek due to its roofline and high shoulders that rise to the rear. Overall a sleek and good looking car.

Its pricing is right smack into Jap territory give or take a few K but in terms of equipment level and size, it has no equal in the C-segment. No car in this class has dual zone, rear aircon, 6 airbags. It doesn't have cruise control but then which car at this price range has? Its CVT is very efficient and gives good performance and economy and beats those ancient 4 speed torque converters still out there. Of course, a proper 6 speed torque converter would be ideal.

I like the Fluence a lot cos it has stand out features instead of just following the crowd and sticking to the class average.

Congrats to those who bought the Fluence, good choice! You are non-conformist and know what you want/need. You don't need others to tell you what is right for you.

My "verdict" after testing it:

Pros:

- airbags, keyless go, powerful, not much "rubber band" effect from CVT, knockdown rear seats, ...

Cons:

- signal light stalk too far from steering wheel, as in very near the dashboard ( I had to stretch my fingers to switch on indicators and my fingers are not exactly short) and located too high up (normal cars are at 9 o'clock position, this Fluence's is located at 10 o'clock position).

- if you look through the front grill, you will see a small finned cooler at the bottom right ( I think it's aircon or radiator). The rubber hoses are exposed to the elements when you drive. Imagine the rubber hoses being hit by pebbles or sands each time you drive...

- the keyless entry uses infra red or something like that to open the doors. You slot in your hand as though you want to grab the door handle from outside and the car will unlock. It does not sense the hand sometimes. Will it be reliable compared to 'button on grab bar" type?

Other than that, I am quite attracted to the car.

I think rear vents for such compact cars are damn bo liao...

some of us got parents to fetch..so its very useful..now if Fluence throw in a "cruise control" would be perfect

My "verdict" after testing it:

Pros:

- airbags, keyless go, powerful, not much "rubber band" effect from CVT, knockdown rear seats, ...

Cons:

- signal light stalk too far from steering wheel, as in very near the dashboard ( I had to stretch my fingers to switch on indicators and my fingers are not exactly short) and located too high up (normal cars are at 9 o'clock position, this Fluence's is located at 10 o'clock position).

- if you look through the front grill, you will see a small finned cooler at the bottom right ( I think it's aircon or radiator). The rubber hoses are exposed to the elements when you drive. Imagine the rubber hoses being hit by pebbles or sands each time you drive...

- the keyless entry uses infra red or something like that to open the doors. You slot in your hand as though you want to grab the door handle from outside and the car will unlock. It does not sense the hand sometimes. Will it be reliable compared to 'button on grab bar" type?

Other than that, I am quite attracted to the car.

For me, i find the signal abit too far.. now i got used to it...

As for the infra red, i think u have to use 4 finger to pull the handle then it can sense u are near...

Having aircont vent at the rear has its advantage, u dun have to blast the aircon and the rear passenger can feel the coolness..

This is a great car to drive..enjoying my driving everyday...

Edited by Actan72

the front seats can only be manually adjusted. quite disappointing for a car of this price range

Just curious .... which model has electrical seat for this price range ?

I can answer u since i already driving it.

you can get around 12-13km/L. 20%city and 80% highway.

that's quite decent. how's your ride so far? any problems? gonna go take a look soon ^_^ hopefully it's good.

ok just took a look at the fluence today..

at first glance it's very big from the exterior.. look almost as big as 3 series ^_^

the boot is huge.. think can store 2 dead body inside [:p]

but interior wise, not as spacious as i thought(as compared to looking from it outside)

quite disappointed.. rear seats also not very spacious(as in leg room) [sweatdrop]

that's quite decent. how's your ride so far? any problems? gonna go take a look soon ^_^ hopefully it's good.

So far so good... the only thing i am not happy is that it does not have a point for me to chuck in my thumb drive where i can play songs...

Edited by Actan72

So far so good... the only thing i am not happy is that it does not have a point for me to chuck in my thumb drive where i can play songs...

haha i see. good for you ^_^

but don't you find the headroom a little too low? it's very close to my head when i sat in it. (both driver seat and rear)confused]

haha i see. good for you ^_^

but don't you find the headroom a little too low? it's very close to my head when i sat in it. (both driver seat and rear)confused]

The front seats of the Fluence seems to be higher than other sedans, so that probably ate into the headroom. As for the rear, I think its a common thing and style these days for a slopping rear roof, which looks good and sleek aesthetically, but eats into rear headroom. Gotta give and take. But the Fluence is really one heck of a large 1.6L family sedan!!

ok just took a look at the fluence today..

at first glance it's very big from the exterior.. look almost as big as 3 series ^_^

the boot is huge.. think can store 2 dead body inside [:p]

but interior wise, not as spacious as i thought(as compared to looking from it outside)

quite disappointed.. rear seats also not very spacious(as in leg room) [sweatdrop]

Bro, compared to the Jetta, which one is better?

Anyway, what the latest price?

↡ Advertisement