Renault Fluence

Dlar2

Make it seem like those affordable conti cars are never really conti.. More like asian cars with a premium Badge..

No wonder the prices are on par with those Jap/Korean cars.

I was caught when the Fluence was launched ... thinking to myself, not a bad price for a Renault.... before I realised that it is a re-badged Samsung....

I am expecting more of this to happen .... maybe there will be re-badged VOLVO ... made in china. Who knows.

These "rebadged" models are not contis, they may have some infuence from Renault but I will never classified them as contis.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

A bit unreal, shipment's ETA date is usually quite accurate and even if the ship did arrive early, it won't be early by almost 10 days. You better check the mileage of the car when you collect your new car and make sure they don't give you a testdrive or display car.

lol..no worries. He is ok. Straight upfront with MIK when I first met him, though i am already aware of that........apparently others is taking their car in early June too....probably due to communications mismatch....lol

still, checks on collection need to be done. Tks...:)

I was going thru' the photos of the Fluence in sgcarmart and i stumble across this photo,

Fluence side mirror indicator

Very interesting, the wing mirror even has a SM (Samsung Motors) sticker that stick underneath the wing mirror.

This model is sold in Korea as Samsung SM3. My Korean colleague bought this car ... real solid. All the same even with the internal GPS ... only diff is the badge ... [laugh]

Here are the SM3 pics:

2010-samsung-sm3-new-official-photos-medium_1.jpg

renault-samsung-emx-sm3-production-002_100198320_m.jpg

This model was launch in Korea last year .... so wasn't surprise that overseas launches are all under the Renault umbrella as Samsung cars are more marketed to the local Korean market.

Hope the above enlightens ... ;)

I was going thru' the photos of the Fluence in sgcarmart and i stumble across this photo,

Very interesting, the wing mirror even has a SM (Samsung Motors) sticker that stick underneath the wing mirror.

Let me go and check later.. [rolleyes][rolleyes]

you very observant.

Not a surprise as Daihatsu has the wing mirrors from Toyota also.

you very observant.

Not a surprise as Daihatsu has the wing mirrors from Toyota also.

Thats is different ma!

Daihatsu & toyota both r japan whereas samsung from korea & renault from french.

Some people just cant accept a conti car becomes a korea car.

But as long as one likes the car,country of origin is not so important.

Well, for those 'badge whores', the Fluence does come with some trade-offs, including a Japanese-like drive, slightly inferior build quality to the Megane hatch, and CVT transmission which is kinda drony [not the best around], and below average performance.

But I suppose, most would go for the size of the Fluence. That is the main selling point.

Neutral Newbie

Well, for those 'badge whores', the Fluence does come with some trade-offs, including a Japanese-like drive, slightly inferior build quality to the Megane hatch, and CVT transmission which is kinda drony [not the best around], and below average performance.

But I suppose, most would go for the size of the Fluence. That is the main selling point.

But I thought a van shouldn't cost so much. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

lol....my SE called in the evening and say car ready for collection tomorrow.....lol..give up!!..:)

(edited)

lol....my SE called in the evening and say car ready for collection tomorrow.....lol..give up!!..:)

that's fast! congrats on your new ride bro. :)

Edited by PPeripheraL

Neutral Newbie

sure.....

lol..first thing I check when I get the car is to see whether got SM sticker..hahahahahahaha

I seriously don't understand such perceptions that buy conti cars must buy from country of origin. I would like to pose a question to those who think this way...will you buy a merc from C&C, manufactured in S.Africa with full aftersales support or from a PI, confirmed from Germany?

With so much electronics nowadays, how safe will you feel if things were to go wrong and outside ws do not have the necessary diagnostic equipment to deal with them or even if they can, will they warrant such parts like a AD will? How about recalls? Sure C&C will entertain you, but last in queue and gotta pay! Jeez...

I wouldnt buy a South african Mercy.

I prefer a PI car. 100% made in germany.

I feel safe enough leh....nowadays diagnostics not a big deal like 10 yrs ago.

a dedicated workshop will have it. doesnt cost that much.

even private individuals can buy. about $3k++ you want?

You dont understand?

let me throw you examples

1. will you pay full price to buy a Patek assembled in Libya with parts from Nigeria fully warrantied by Agent.

2. Will you pay full price to buy a 911 assembled in thailand fully warrantied by stuttgart?

2. will you pay full price to eat wagyu beef packed and shipped from the back yard of a south indian village if guaranteed same taste

so now will you pay fair price for a PI Mercedes which is 100% German engineered and functions the same and fully supported by outside workshop with the capability to basically repair anything and everything for a price cheaper than the Agent?

be truthful now. nobody will laugh.

Renault Fluence

Its a conti car, joint develop engine wif Nissan , assembled in South Korea.

In south korea, its called Renault Samsung SM3

But when its exported, its called the Renault Fluence.

FYI, Renault owned Nissan's shares...

Last time Samsung Motors have ties wif Nissan.

Due to the acqusition of Nissan, Reanult bought over the shares in Samsung Motors as well.

This lead to this tie up.

Side track abit....

Chevrolet Cruze is also known as Daewoo Lacetti Premiere....

Daewoo is also under GM...

Its also built in South Korea btw

[:)]

that's acceptable, for a bread and butter car.

↡ Advertisement