HKS exhaust for 1.5 swift(Experts on exhaust, pls help)

BBsyah

Neutral Newbie

I am driving a suzuki swift 1.5 aka ZC21... I used to have installed a illegal aftermarket exhaust and suddenly my engine light had turn on.. I went to a WS and they said something is wrong and told me to change back to my stock exhaust.. I am also using a HKS open pod filter.. the mushroom type.. Question regarding HKS:

1) Will my engine light turn on after I installed this exhaust?

2) Will I lose power to my pick up? as i heard aftermarkey exhaust are heavier..

3) Will fuel consumption be affected?

Thanks to those who reply back.. gladly appreciate it!

↡ Advertisement

I am driving a suzuki swift 1.5 aka ZC21... I used to have installed a illegal aftermarket exhaust and suddenly my engine light had turn on.. I went to a WS and they said something is wrong and told me to change back to my stock exhaust.. I am also using a HKS open pod filter.. the mushroom type.. Question regarding HKS:

2) Will I lose power to my pick up? as i heard aftermarkey exhaust are heavier..

get your ride retuned.

Neutral Newbie

get your ride retuned.

huh.. sorry.. dun quite get it.. but the car is a second hand.. a 4 year old swift.. i had it check before at champion motor and told me to change my air filter back to the stock setup.. it cost a whipping 700..

I also fitted HKS Hi power exhausts[Cat back] on my 370z,K&N drop-in filters,no engine check light is on..maybe your Oxygen sensor is faulty.?

huh.. sorry.. dun quite get it.. but the car is a second hand.. a 4 year old swift.. i had it check before at champion motor and told me to change my air filter back to the stock setup.. it cost a whipping 700..

do you have a reflashed ecu or maybe a standalone or piggyback ecu bro?

1. No

2. Yes. Yes or no depend on the factory made.

3. Yes

Check your PM

I used to have the HKS Silent Hi-Power on my Mz2SP Auto-Trans..

1) No

2) Yes, pretty drastic i will say.. total lau hong until around 3.5K rpm then u feel the "kick"..

3) Yes, cos u will want to feel the "kick".. u spend half the time ramming.. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I also fitted HKS Hi power exhausts[Cat back] on my 370z,K&N drop-in filters,no engine check light is on..maybe your Oxygen sensor is faulty.?

Well that was what i tot initially.. went to a WS and the told me something had to do with my air filter and the other problem was the exhaust was a straight through.. somehow the air flow in and out of the car was not stable or smth like that..

Neutral Newbie

do you have a reflashed ecu or maybe a standalone or piggyback ecu bro?

This is my first car and I have got idea on any ECU.. I dunnot where is that in the car.. [knife]

Neutral Newbie

Most important, did you de-cat your exhaust? Normally decatted exhaust will get CEL on. It's quite common. Grab a scangauge and see what's the error.

its a straight through exhaust i got from malaysia.. anyway whats a decat?

Neutral Newbie

I used to have the HKS Silent Hi-Power on my Mz2SP Auto-Trans..

1) No

2) Yes, pretty drastic i will say.. total lau hong until around 3.5K rpm then u feel the "kick"..

3) Yes, cos u will want to feel the "kick".. u spend half the time ramming.. [laugh]

thanks for the help.. I still pondering on installing the exhaust.. love the bassy sound but dun wanna spend my money too much on petrol! heee.. [smash]

its a straight through exhaust i got from malaysia.. anyway whats a decat?

my fren mazda 3 has the same problem.. something to do with sensor.... if i rem correctly, he got it rectified in malaysia... all they did was install a resistor or something like that

Neutral Newbie

my fren mazda 3 has the same problem.. something to do with sensor.... if i rem correctly, he got it rectified in malaysia... all they did was install a resistor or something like that

Any idea where can u do it and whats the damage? [rifle]

Any idea where can u do it and whats the damage? [rifle]

i just called him.. he cannot rem.. somewhere around skudai... damage should not be alot.. because he change full exhaust and everything is only rm350 so i think the most 50rm +/-

1) No. Did you change your cat converter?

2) You will suffer the loss during low range.

3) Yes. Afterall, its a straight-thru.

Neutral Newbie

i just called him.. he cannot rem.. somewhere around skudai... damage should not be alot.. because he change full exhaust and everything is only rm350 so i think the most 50rm +/-

Thanks!! Anyway thinking of getting the exhaust legal one! Scare of those from Malaysia.. Scare ah gong come and summon me!

thanks for the help.. I still pondering on installing the exhaust.. love the bassy sound but dun wanna spend my money too much on petrol! heee.. [smash]

Straight thru cfm no CAT liao lo.

Extracted from Wiki:

catalytic converter (colloquially, "cat" or "catcon") is a device used to reduce the toxicity of emissions from an internal combustion engine. A catalytic converter works by using a catalyst to stimulate a chemical reaction in which toxic by-products of combustion are converted to less-toxic substances

↡ Advertisement