Enhancing sound quality

Kurty

hi,

would like to ask what can be done to enhance the sound quality for my car.

a 1.1 hatchback.

already change to sony HU,

songs are all mp3 format via usb.

change front speaker to component speakers with tweeter.

thinking of going underseat sub but many say it's useless.

used to have a 4 channel amp, spoilt after accident, find that makes no different to the sound.

only amplifying it.

when blast, the door will vibrates, is this norm or can be prevent?

thinking of changing rear stock speaker to a 3way speaker.

can't go for passive sub as rear is filled with my sport gears and i go for pick up.

don't like dead weight in car.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hi,

a 1.1 hatchback.

already change to sony HU,

songs are all mp3 format via usb.

change front speaker to component speakers with tweeter.

thinking of going underseat sub but many say it's useless.

used to have a 4 channel amp, spoilt after accident, find that makes no different to the sound.

only amplifying it.

when blast, the door will vibrates, is this norm or can be prevent?

thinking of changing rear stock speaker to a 3way speaker.

can't go for passive sub as rear is filled with my sport gears and i go for pick up.

don't like dead weight in car.

power amplifire will always better compare to HU build in amp, maybe the installation is not done up properly that's why you find it no different.

sometime is due to lack of power driving the speaker which create distortion like its gonna break up when you play loud and you though is you door vibrate [sweatdrop]

8'' active sub is good enough for small hatch back if your front and back ( if yours is 4 doors ) door fitted with at lease 6.5'' good in producing midbass driver, my 2 cents [:p]

power amplifire will always better compare to HU build in amp, maybe the installation is not done up properly that's why you find it no different.

sometime is due to lack of power driving the speaker which create distortion like its gonna break up when you play loud and you though is you door vibrate

8'' active sub is good enough for small hatch back if your front and back ( if yours is 4 doors ) door fitted with at lease 6.5'' good in producing midbass driver, my 2 cents

i did all the installation at JK audio, jason seems to be pretty experienced, every time i went, usually a long que to wait.

my speaker is 6.5, front component, while rear stock.

still a 4 door, though i wanted to change a 2 door in near future. haha :D

as for the active sub, does it really work?

i don't mind to go for 10' for a bigger punch.

i'm thinking of this 4 thing, either

- change rear speaker to 3 way

- buy another amp, 4 channel. but don't seems to make any difference as i was running 4 formerly.

- underseat sub

- don't do anything at all... it's already good enuff for a mp3 output

Neutral Newbie

my 2 cents - if you are listening only to mp3 format, dont do anything. mp3 is generally of average quality. Good sound setup need a good source - both the software and hardware(head unit).

my 2 cents - if you are listening only to mp3 format, dont do anything. mp3 is generally of average quality. Good sound setup need a good source - both the software and hardware(head unit).

yep, unless TS got $$ to burn

hi,

e dead weight in car.

Just dun spend additional on rear speaker and sub first. What is it that you are not happy about your front component and also what brand of component is it. If your front comp is of a reputable brand like morel, CDT, rainbow costing $300+etc it should offer you a pretty good listening experience. check you HU EQ setting make sure its not tune too bassy. Amplifier is optional but better if have and as for door rattling, sound proofing will do the work.