2nd hand Mit Colt Plus Servicing Recommendations?

Phid

Neutral Newbie

Hi peeps, I just got my used MIT colt plus. Mileage 57k++. Drives ok but got some vibration when idling at traffic lights. And also some cranking sounds when accelerating.

Need suggestions from guys here, should I send my car to AD for full servicing (high price I think), or I can just send it to WS for full servicing?

Any WS to suggest for good and trusted checks and servicing?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

i went to xquisite workshop in wdland..not too bad..

Change spark plug for $90, air-con filter for $30 and engine oil for $90 (if im not wrong..cant rmb liao) Do you find colt plus to be noisy when travelling at 90km?

Neutral Newbie

Yea, quite noisy, but comfortably. The engine sounds seems quite loud when revving. Probably becuz of the poor sound insulation. I used to drive Hyundai Avante, less noise in the engine and while speeding. When static at traffic lights at 'D' and brakes applied, there's vibration. Never had this issue with avante.

Is it normal for MIT colt plus? Or I need to get the car checked out? You own one too bro?

Neutral Newbie

hi

i think it is the throttle body dirty.

just ask them to clean can liao.

same thing with my colt plus.

hope this helps.

cheers

yes i got one =) I'm quite lucky in the sense i dont have any problem with the cvt or anything. I just make sure every 10k i go change on whatever is necessary..just in case got major problem then i need to fork out more

i want to go do sound proofing coz i think it will help

Neutral Newbie

Hi Phid,

I had the same problem with strong vibrations when idling at traffic lights, ease off when the brake is not depressed. Like what Pucc said, the throttle body is dirty. Got it serviced at C&C Ubi in Feb for $30/-. Hope it helps.

Hi peeps, I just got my used MIT colt plus. Mileage 57k++. Drives ok but got some vibration when idling at traffic lights. And also some cranking sounds when accelerating.

Need suggestions from guys here, should I send my car to AD for full servicing (high price I think), or I can just send it to WS for full servicing?

Thanks

Seems like ignition issue to me. RDY Autocare should be able to help

Thanks

Seems like ignition issue to me. RDY Autocare should be able to help

Neutral Newbie

My Dad got Colt Plus also, Mileage 130k++, I think he went to JackSpeed for servicing(Got sticker).

↡ Advertisement