Finally, my 1st accident in Malaysia after years of driving

Cdrarities

Drove to Malacca last week and was along travelling along Ayer Keroh towards Pusat Bandaraya in moderate rain. About 20 m from the junction near Jusco when green traffic light start flashing (means gonna change to red soon). If I floor the accelerator, sure can cheong thru'. Apply brake and come to a smooth stop. About 2s later, heard and feel the dreaded crunching thud sound from the back. Immediately knew that I was hit.

I got down the car and it was a local driver and his first word was "Brake rosak". I gestured him to drive to the side and keeping an eye not to let him drove away. His proton no scratch, nothing while mine vios paint was cracked (came off) below the bonnet. He mentioned to drive to his workshop but I insist lima ratus ringget. He said not much money so we haggled till tiga ratus ringget. Locked up my car and he drove me (with his 3 yr old daughter) to the ATM to pass me the cash.

At the hotel, I did a more thorough check and decided to buy some stickers/decal and just paste over the affected parts.

Moral of story, better cheong thru' in the rain when nearing flashing green light under safe condition.

↡ Advertisement

Damn.. for me was worse.. At Seremban , going at 160 , suddenly there was a traffic build up.. Did not see it.. When I finally saw it , I braked. Then a White Saga behind me hit me while I hit a CRV in front of me.. haha.. Once get down , at that time was having a Oddyssey. That Proton guy said , Tyre Botak la abang.. haha.. Then the CRV guy , who looked like a big shot , with 4 female passengers , came down like a fierce guy.. Finally , the Saga driver left , while me and the CRV guy went to police station to give statement and settle.. my damage quite bad.. Front left all gone.. At that time going for wedding some more.. haha..

RM300 is usually the norm for on-the-spot settlement if not too serious. No one will pay you RM500 one lah [laugh] .

You are lucky that you have gotten RM300. Usually for this job you can do it for less than RM300 in JB.

Regards,

Drove to Malacca last week and was along travelling along Ayer Keroh towards Pusat Bandaraya in moderate rain. About 20 m from the junction near Jusco when green traffic light start flashing (means gonna change to red soon). If I floor the accelerator, sure can cheong thru'. Apply brake and come to a smooth stop. About 2s later, heard and feel the dreaded crunching thud sound from the back. Immediately knew that I was hit.

I got down the car and it was a local driver and his first word was "Brake rosak". I gestured him to drive to the side and keeping an eye not to let him drove away. His proton no scratch, nothing while mine vios paint was cracked (came off) below the bonnet. He mentioned to drive to his workshop but I insist lima ratus ringget. He said not much money so we haggled till tiga ratus ringget. Locked up my car and he drove me (with his 3 yr old daughter) to the ATM to pass me the cash.

At the hotel, I did a more thorough check and decided to buy some stickers/decal and just paste over the affected parts.

Moral of story, better cheong thru' in the rain when nearing flashing green light under safe condition.

You cheong thru got 2 possibilities,

1. get caught by TP

2. Whack a pedestrian or other vehicles.

There is no such thing as safe condition to beat a red light

Please dun anyhow teach other pple

When braking in situations such as the OP don't everyone keep at least one eye in the rear mirror just so can 'maybe' do something if spot someone not going to be able to stop in time?????????//

Juz be careful bro. Ders once incident in jb where it's green light for me n the MYsian car juz zoom out from the right even if it's red light for him. Lucikily managed to break in time or else,.... Dunno wat will happen. Extra vigilant when in "boleh land". :angry: