Displaying Personal Photos in Office?

Kelpie

Hi all,

Is it a social norm to display one's family photos, GF, BF, Pet photos on office desk or the wall and etc?

I heard of company forbidding employee to pin any personal photos in office. It is deemed non-professional and violate clean desk policy :o .

A HR friend told me putting these photos may be used a morale booster and also mean the employee is a more committed staff. True? What do you think?

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

I go to a lot of my client's office, it's a norm to see ppl put up the pics. I think one or two is ok, too many pics it will look like some mini gallery. :D

Not professional in what way? That will depend on the line of work in which they see it as "not professional". Or are the ppl in the pics not dressed appropriately or dressed in bikinis? Generally I find it ok, no big a deal.

i dam extreme:

my collogue got a digital photoframe....i think max 10 inch type

i got a old cpu pumping the pictures to an old computer monitor (i think 18inch).....i got tons and tons of photos..... [laugh][laugh]:D:D

Turbocharged

Or are the ppl in the pics not dressed appropriately or dressed in bikinis? Generally I find it ok, no big a deal.

Slim pretty woman in a bikini is appropriate.

Ugly and out or shape woman or man in a bikini is inappropriate.

^_^

Slim pretty woman in a bikini is appropriate.

Ugly and out or shape woman or man in a bikini is inappropriate.

^_^

What if some pervert pcc on your desk when you are not around? Kinda unhygienic. :D

actually why do pple want to put personal photos in office?

To remind them they are married? Or to let others know they are married so no hanky panky?

Turbocharged

No photos of any sort on my table. Only a pic of my very furry loved one as my PC wallpaper.

My colleagues typically do not have any photos of their spouse, bf/gf, kids etc on their tables either.

What if some pervert pcc on your desk when you are not around? Kinda unhygienic. :D

How abt PCC into the freshly made coffee he just bought? :o

Hi all,

Is it a social norm to display one's family photos, GF, BF, Pet photos on office desk or the wall and etc?

I heard of company forbidding employee to pin any personal photos in office. It is deemed non-professional and violate clean desk policy :o .

A HR friend told me putting these photos may be used a morale booster and also mean the employee is a more committed staff. True? What do you think?

Regards,

I have like TONS of photos of my baby stick to the wall at my work desk...more than 10 pics.

If anyone tells me cannot stick....I will complain all the way to the VP. LOL

I've to tape certain part of my playboy and penthouse calendar every year. Some say, behind every man is a woman, so I put these calendar behind my chair [rolleyes]

Edited by 999