About massage chair

Vextan

Anyone owns or has owned a massage chair before ? how is the massage, good ? how much ? what brand and model you recommend ? is usoffa good ? pls discuss, thanks. p/s thinking of buying one for mrs due to constant aches but my concern is is it effective and take up too much space ? any advise is appreciated.

↡ Advertisement

hv a osim isymphonic at parents place...now serving time as a normal recliner...compared to real massage, i rate the effectiveness to be 50% at most..so jus buy something cheap as starters.. [:)]

thanks and noted. thats why i am weary that it becomes a vase. but cheap massage chair the feeling like not good leh, too hard.

think that one wont be cheap. see who is the poster boy ? anyway am considering buying the usoffa cos it is not too big.

thanks and noted. thats why i am weary that it becomes a vase. but cheap massage chair the feeling like not good leh, too hard.

i thk it wil def become a vase, jus like u know treadmill etc. i thk brands like ogawa r not bad too, can try cos even osim also 1 yr warranty only. the key is get one that is heavy to withstand the vibrations etc. if i can do all over again, i thk 2k is the max i wil spend on such things. ^_^

a vase, must a BLOODY big one that occupy 9 sq ft of your house [laugh]

e one Andy Lau is promoting is uDivine... priced @ 4988 if you pay in full. if installment is at usual price iirc. this is not their ultimate. there's one which is much more exp.

i feel that all these massage chair is just a 3min hype. like what one has mentioned, it ends up as an additional bulkier chair at home. i've an old one at home collecting dust in a corner which my dad used it for less than 10times. <_< total waste of $ and space.

Turbocharged

A lot of body aches are due to muscles not being strong enough to go through with daily activities or poor posture or being overweight.

Buy these chairs not long term solution. Solution is to spend some time at least 3 times a week, 45 min each time to exercise. Resistance exercises like yoga and weights help a lot. Speaking from experience as my wife used to complain of shoulder and neck aches. Always blaming pillow no good etc. But once she started exercising, all the aches mysteriously went away in 2 weeks or so as her muscles are now much stronger than before.

I always feel that sitting on a massage chair is no effective. Imagine you are sitting on it and when you feel pain, you would lift yourself up naturally.

For massaging, I feel its better if you are being pressed down. [rolleyes]

get a basic one as likely it will become a white elephant once the novelty wears off like cycling machine, treadmill..what kxbc said is true, no amount of massage can achieve what exercise does [laugh]

Turbocharged

Exercise also helps to lift mood, maintain a good weight, get a better looking body etc etc.

My wife used to hate exercising. But once she got started, cannot stop. She will try her best to get her exercise fix at least 3 times a week. 4 years already and still going strong. Main thing is to find exercises you will enjoy doing. And cross train once in a while to keep interest level up.

I want to learn taiji. [laugh] Getting older so thinking of picking up a new low impact exercise to continue till I get cremated.

noted and thanks for sharing, kxbc. mrs exercises often by running, but she had to quit yoga due to busy baby siting schedule. everytime see her aching, i heart ache also. haiz.

e one Andy Lau is promoting is uDivine... priced @ 4988 if you pay in full. if installment is at usual price iirc. this is not their ultimate. there's one which is much more exp.

i feel that all these massage chair is just a 3min hype. like what one has mentioned, it ends up as an additional bulkier chair at home. i've an old one at home collecting dust in a corner which my dad used it for less than 10times. <_< total waste of $ and space.

Cos now my dad sometimes sit down at those Okawa chair in JB and pay RM10 to lie there while we go shopping.

Just tot it could be something that he would like.

I have the iDesire.....serves wifey well cos she backache....However, orseem veli ex.....there are cheaper ones out der

My dear Vex, KX is so right, best you get her doing some exercise, back pains please do planks, to strengthen core muscles.

Buying a chair is just going to be a waste of your easily earned tax payers money. Why not go to the Salvation Army

and pickup a second hand one for far lesser and TRY it, if you want. The only massage I do is when I go to Bangkok, where it's

serious whole body Thai massage. Irons out all the "split ends".

noted and thanks for sharing, kxbc. mrs exercises often by running, but she had to quit yoga due to busy baby siting schedule. everytime see her aching, i heart ache also. haiz.

KX, you'd have to grow a beard to suit Taiji. :D

Exercise also helps to lift mood, maintain a good weight, get a better looking body etc etc.

My wife used to hate exercising. But once she got started, cannot stop. She will try her best to get her exercise fix at least 3 times a week. 4 years already and still going strong. Main thing is to find exercises you will enjoy doing. And cross train once in a while to keep interest level up.

I want to learn taiji. [laugh] Getting older so thinking of picking up a new low impact exercise to continue till I get cremated.

Please stick to just a few positions.........others do stress. Poor lady. [bigcry]

To have to put up with the rigors of your kind. [shakehead]

I have the iDesire.....serves wifey well cos she backache....However, orseem veli ex.....there are cheaper ones out der

↡ Advertisement