Search
Mixing Normal with NItrogen tyres

• Search this thread
7 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:11 AM

Mouse
  • Mouse
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Hi,

Recently I changed my tyres and it came filled with Nitrogen gas. However, when I sent in for my routine servicing at my AD workshop last month, the guys there told me they don't have Nitrogen gas n hence will not touch my tyres as the readings will be very different on the sensor.

My Qns:

- If that is the case, can I still go to the petrol kiosk n pump in normal air? n Should I follow strictly to 230? (I used to pump 230 on my old tyres)

- My old 15" I used to pump 230, I just upsize to 16"..do I still pump at the same amount? ie. 230.

Thanks

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Recently I changed my tyres and it came filled with Nitrogen gas. However, when I sent in for my routine servicing at my AD workshop last month, the guys there told me they don't have Nitrogen gas n hence will not touch my tyres as the readings will be very different on the sensor.

My Qns:

- If that is the case, can I still go to the petrol kiosk n pump in normal air? n Should I follow strictly to 230? (I used to pump 230 on my old tyres)

- My old 15" I used to pump 230, I just upsize to 16"..do I still pump at the same amount? ie. 230.

Thanks

2/3 of our air is nitrogen gas, YES you can mix the normal air to your Nitrogen charged tyre only thing is the percentage of
Nitro in your tyre reduced thus the advantage or beneifit also reduced.
Anyway is no harm at all to mixed them
For the Air pressure to pump just follow what car maker recommend .
Upsize tyre is recoomended to raise the Pressure a little depending up how many size
if you up from 15 " to 18 " yr air will better be up from 230 to 260 kpa

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

Mouse
  • Mouse
    Neutral Newbie

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

2/3 of our air is nitrogen gas, YES you can mix the normal air to your Nitrogen charged tyre only thing is the percentage of
Nitro in your tyre reduced thus the advantage or beneifit also reduced.
Anyway is no harm at all to mixed them
For the Air pressure to pump just follow what car maker recommend .
Upsize tyre is recoomended to raise the Pressure a little depending up how many size
if you up from 15 " to 18 " yr air will better be up from 230 to 260 kpa

OK thxs.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

Aftere mixing the normal air. Do i have to go back to the tyre shop to refill 100% nitrogen gas?
Do i have to release the internal air, pump up tyre, release the tyre air fully, pump up tyre a few more time?
How to ensure i get close to 100% nitro gas in my tyre?
Anyone with experience?

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

Robtan99
  • Premium member
    Robtan99
    Neutral Newbie

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Normally when i go for my 20k / 40k service, they will release all air and then pump nitrogen.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear

Aftere mixing the normal air. Do i have to go back to the tyre shop to refill 100% nitrogen gas?
Do i have to release the internal air, pump up tyre, release the tyre air fully, pump up tyre a few more time?
How to ensure i get close to 100% nitro gas in my tyre?
Anyone with experience?

if you want to refill to 99 %(no 100%) you can do so, but i afraid they may have to re-charge you the cost.
in order to maintain the 99% or near 99% go back to them for refill.
but is no harm to mixed

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Archenemy
  • Archenemy
    Neutral Newbie

i will not recommend people to mix because when your tyres are heated up after travelling..you might experience different expansion rate due to the mixture of air in your tyre...

condensation might occur inside the tyre and your rim MIGHT...

but of course...we must bear in mind that 74% of atmospheric air we breathe in is nitrogen lah...so the effects might be minimal...

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear

i will not recommend people to mix because when your tyres are heated up after travelling..you might experience different expansion rate due to the mixture of air in your tyre...

condensation might occur inside the tyre and your rim MIGHT...

but of course...we must bear in mind that 74% of atmospheric air we breathe in is nitrogen lah...so the effects might be minimal...

you got the point there.
in case of any emengency you can mix,and after that you can go refill 99% N2 again
just like people ask should i change 4 tyre at 1 time answer is YES (best all 4 new)
otherwise 2 at a time is also find
1 pc is not so good

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top
TyreQueen.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users