Mixing Normal air with NItrogen Gas in tyres

Mouse

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Recently I changed my tyres and it came filled with Nitrogen gas. However, when I sent in for my routine servicing at my AD workshop last month, the guys there told me they don't have Nitrogen gas n hence will not touch my tyres as the readings will be very different on the sensor.

My Qns:

- If that is the case, can I still go to the petrol kiosk n pump in normal air? n Should I follow strictly to 230? (I used to pump 230 on my old tyres)

- My old 15" I used to pump 230, I just upsize to 16"..do I still pump at the same amount? ie. 230.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Recently I changed my tyres and it came filled with Nitrogen gas. However, when I sent in for my routine servicing at my AD workshop last month, the guys there told me they don't have Nitrogen gas n hence will not touch my tyres as the readings will be very different on the sensor.

My Qns:

- If that is the case, can I still go to the petrol kiosk n pump in normal air? n Should I follow strictly to 230? (I used to pump 230 on my old tyres)

- My old 15" I used to pump 230, I just upsize to 16"..do I still pump at the same amount? ie. 230.

Thanks

2/3 of our air is nitrogen gas, YES you can mix the normal air to your Nitrogen charged tyre only thing is the percentage of

Nitro in your tyre reduced thus the advantage or beneifit also reduced.

Anyway is no harm at all to mixed them

For the Air pressure to pump just follow what car maker recommend .

Upsize tyre is recoomended to raise the Pressure a little depending up how many size

if you up from 15 " to 18 " yr air will better be up from 230 to 260 kpa

Neutral Newbie

2/3 of our air is nitrogen gas, YES you can mix the normal air to your Nitrogen charged tyre only thing is the percentage of

Nitro in your tyre reduced thus the advantage or beneifit also reduced.

Anyway is no harm at all to mixed them

For the Air pressure to pump just follow what car maker recommend .

Upsize tyre is recoomended to raise the Pressure a little depending up how many size

if you up from 15 " to 18 " yr air will better be up from 230 to 260 kpa

OK thxs.

Aftere mixing the normal air. Do i have to go back to the tyre shop to refill 100% nitrogen gas?

Do i have to release the internal air, pump up tyre, release the tyre air fully, pump up tyre a few more time?

How to ensure i get close to 100% nitro gas in my tyre?

Anyone with experience?

Aftere mixing the normal air. Do i have to go back to the tyre shop to refill 100% nitrogen gas?

Do i have to release the internal air, pump up tyre, release the tyre air fully, pump up tyre a few more time?

How to ensure i get close to 100% nitro gas in my tyre?

Anyone with experience?

if you want to refill to 99 %(no 100%) you can do so, but i afraid they may have to re-charge you the cost.

in order to maintain the 99% or near 99% go back to them for refill.

but is no harm to mixed

i will not recommend people to mix because when your tyres are heated up after travelling..you might experience different expansion rate due to the mixture of air in your tyre...

condensation might occur inside the tyre and your rim MIGHT...

but of course...we must bear in mind that 74% of atmospheric air we breathe in is nitrogen lah...so the effects might be minimal...

i will not recommend people to mix because when your tyres are heated up after travelling..you might experience different expansion rate due to the mixture of air in your tyre...

condensation might occur inside the tyre and your rim MIGHT...

but of course...we must bear in mind that 74% of atmospheric air we breathe in is nitrogen lah...so the effects might be minimal...

you got the point there.

in case of any emengency you can mix,and after that you can go refill 99% N2 again

just like people ask should i change 4 tyre at 1 time answer is YES (best all 4 new)

otherwise 2 at a time is also find

1 pc is not so good

↡ Advertisement